CurlTalk

Favorite hot pepper sauces

BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users
I got this stuff in New Orleans and WOW :tongue1: the name does not lie..

It's called The Hottest F****ng Sauce - seriously. lol

I added one single drop to a full pot of spaghetti/marinara sauce and it was definitely on fire - yet so delicious. This is not a hot sauce for beginners! I love it, but then I guess I'm turning into a bit of a masochist when it comes to hot stuff.. makes wasabi, jalapenos, and every other pepper taste like water.
Ingredients: Habanero Peppers, Water, African Oleoresin, Scotch Bonnet Pepper, Salt, Onion, Vegetable Oil, Acetic Acid, Garlic.

What are your faves?
"The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
"...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)

Comments

• BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users
    Gabi2009 wrote: »

:love10: Lol

I think they sell Matouks in our grocery store.. I'll have to try it.

I just started eating hot stuff about a year ago, and now I can't get enough.
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • anonymous_29030anonymous_29030 Posts: 619Registered Users
    Aren't you a lucky-ducky to have Matouk's in your local grocery store - that stuff can be hard to come by so you're blessed!

Nothing like a vegetable roti with a splash of Matouks - yum yum yum.

What got you into hot food, BekaPoo?
    Hi Gabi..
    I don't know.. I guess I kept hearing about hot foods, and peppers, etc. and I got curious. I guess you could say I'm hot-curious? lol And also eating hot stuff is a challenge (not to mention delicious), so I wanted to see how much I could take.

Now I can't imagine my food without hot sauce.. truly it is addictive.

Mmm roti.. haven't had one in a while.

Hey if you have any recipes to share, please post.

Are you Trini btw?
    Not a Trini but I love Trini food and culture! So kinda Trini-identified, maybe...:dontknow::dontknow:

I haven't had a roti in too long... sigh. If only I could make it but my culinary skills at this point have contracted. All I can make right now are fish cakes and anything else I can basically heat up in the oven.

I am going to check out your pot roast thread - that looks like it's going to be yummy to read (and cook if I ever get the chance). I really love food!
  • LiveGoldinLiveGoldin Posts: 92Registered Users
    Grace Scotch Bonnet Pepper Sauce!!
    My hair and I are STILL estranged.. I think we need counseling...
    That's not my hair in my avi.. umm.. this time.. it's a weave..
    OK, taking you up on the recipe posting thing...

Here is my favorite quick and easy Carbonara recipe:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.deliaonline.com%2Frecipes%2Ftype-of-dish%2Fitalian%2Fpasta%2Fspaghetti-alla-carbonara.html" class="Popup

BekkaPoo wrote: »
    Hi Gabi..
    I don't know.. I guess I kept hearing about hot foods, and peppers, etc. and I got curious. I guess you could say I'm hot-curious? lol And also eating hot stuff is a challenge (not to mention delicious), so I wanted to see how much I could take.

Now I can't imagine my food without hot sauce.. truly it is addictive.

Mmm roti.. haven't had one in a while.

Hey if you have any recipes to share, please post.

Are you Trini btw?
    Not a Trini but I love Trini food and culture! So kinda Trini-identified, maybe...:dontknow::dontknow:

I haven't had a roti in too long... sigh. If only I could make it but my culinary skills at this point have contracted. All I can make right now are fish cakes and anything else I can basically heat up in the oven.

I am going to check out your pot roast thread - that looks like it's going to be yummy to read (and cook if I ever get the chance). I really love food!

I hear ya as to being Trini-identified.. you're just a world citizen. ;) I'm not Caribbean, but I love Caribbean food.. actually I just love food..lol I started a facebook photo album of the foods I've eaten or cooked. I even take my digicam to restaurants.. :lol: I often get strange looks, but I have no shame about my love of food.

Your carbonara recipe looks excellent.. I don't like marinara sauce that much anymore at this point -- too boring. So the carbonara would be a nice way to switch up my pasta game. With lots and lots of cracked pepper of course.. :)
    LiveGoldin wrote: »
    Grace Scotch Bonnet Pepper Sauce!!

Ooh thanks for the recommendation. :happy7:
    ETA: I checked out the Grace website, and I see something from them that I already have in my fridge.. their jerk seasoning. That's some serious stuff too. I used it once on chicken, and I'm thinking I'll have to use it again soon since I have a freezer full of chicken breast to go through.
    "I even take my digicam to restaurants.. :lol: I often get strange looks, but I have no shame about my love of food."

That is sooo funny but I think you've inspired me...

One of my favorite foods (and there are many!) has got to be Korean food. I ADORE Korean food. It is hot, nutritious, flavorful, has great snacks and heartier meals, and has so many non-meat choices. In fact, even the meat is joyous and I am not much of a meat-eater! If I had to choose, Korean food would be my number 1 choice on any given day.
    "I even take my digicam to restaurants.. :lol: I often get strange looks, but I have no shame about my love of food."

That is sooo funny but I think you've inspired me...

One of my favorite foods (and there are many!) has got to be Korean food. I ADORE Korean food. It is hot, nutritious, flavorful, has great snacks and heartier meals, and has so many non-meat choices. In fact, even the meat is joyous and I am not much of a meat-eater! If I had to choose, Korean food would be my number 1 choice on any given day.

All I know about Korean food is Kimchee, and I've never actually eaten it. I guess I've got some recipe searching to do. :walk:

I'm trying to eat more veggie-based meals so thanks for the heads up.