Curl Fix as a Leave In

So - my bathroom is under construction

Yay for a new bathroom :blob2:

Boo for no shower for a week :sad3:

Anyhoo, last night I needed to do my hair a couple days ahead of schedule because of all the crap floating in the house plus mutliple snow shovellings this week (mostly it was frizzy/scruffy and my scalp was a bit icky). I was trying to figure out what I could do since I didn't want a full condition yet because it's only been 4 days. And no shower to do any real rinsing out. What to do?

I read the bottle of my Curl Fix and it states it can also be used as a leave-in. So I spritzed my hair and finger detangled. Then spritzed a bit more, Mebco comb detangled and scrubbed my scalp with a bit of water. (Hair was very damp but not dripping.) I raked through a couple quarter sized blobs of Curl Fix and scrunched in some LA Looks gel.

With the bathroom mirror gone, I have no other mirror at the right height for diffusing my hair without risking life and limb by standing on a chair. Solution - pull out the hard hat. I sat under it for about 10 min then air dryed the rest of the way.

This morning when I took down my pineapple I have a whole head full of bouncy curls! Hoping to make it to my real wash day on Sunday. *fingers crossed*

If your hair likes protein, I would definitely try using CF as a leave in. As the bottle also states it can be used as a styling product, I'm going to give that a go this week too.

I'm dressed like a construction worker all week anyway so it's a good time to experiment. :laughing6:
Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I love it both ways, the only thing I don't like is the smell. But, the product is worth it and it doesn't last too long.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • goobernutgoobernut Posts: 2,317Registered Users
    haha, its one of my fave smells in the CJ line! Usually though I don't like Fruity smells, the Strawberry smell that the rehab and the new beauticurls condish come in makes me hungry!

I keep meaning to try CF as a leave in.
    Grand Goobah Caedran, Aqueous Infusion of Demulcents, Order of the Curly Crusaders

Fia 2cFi, fine texture, med porosity CG 5-29-09 * My hair loves protein! Currently using : DermOrganics Shampoo and IHM, G2B Kinkier Mousse, Re:Coil VMM, Anything Spiral Solutions! MO Sealing. Coconut Oil Pre-Poo, once a month Hard Water shampoo. Avoiding Glycerin in finishing products.
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    goobernut wrote: »
    haha, its one of my fave smells in the CJ line! Usually though I don't like Fruity smells, the Strawberry smell that the rehab and the new beauticurls condish come in makes me hungry!

I keep meaning to try CF as a leave in.

Mine too! But they all smell delish to me.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
    I've tried it as a leave in and really liked it that way. I actually like the smell though.....
    Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
    Low poo: looking
    COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
    RO: varies
    Protein: CJCF or CJRM
    DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
    LI: varies, usually KCKT
    Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
    Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    bumping this thread because now that Fall is here CJ Curl Fix is a staple for me! I mix it with CCC lite or I use it as a LI under other stylers as well. This stuff is amazing, makes my hair curl up where it normally wouldn't. I haven't over done it yet, I don't know what Marsha's secret is and why it works so well on my coarse-ish hair but I just LOVE IT and loved it last year too. I use it on my little girls 2B/3A fine hair year round but for me works better in the coooler weather. Actually her hair is a lot like WHC :)

TWO HUGE thumbs up for this product!!!!!!!!!!
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
    Yep I still use it as a LI too!! :D
    Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
    Low poo: looking
    COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
    RO: varies
    Protein: CJCF or CJRM
    DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
    LI: varies, usually KCKT
    Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
    Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file