Nature's Gate Herbal Conditioner - HG

I think I've finally said goodbye to frizz! I was in GNC picking up vitamins and glucosomine for my knees, and decided to pick up a bottle of this conditioner. I've read some very good reviews about this product in the Product Reviews forum. I used it as a COwash today, and my curls turned out stupendous! Volume, bounce, shine, definition... ahh, my curls are in heaven right now :D . I used the same amount of conditioner as I have been. I found this product has great slip on my hair. I COwashed, used a pea size amount as a leave in, applied BRHG, and plopped. I made sure I smoothed in the conditioner and gel after I showered on all-but dripping curls. Plopped for 30 mins, pixiecurl diffused, scrunched just a wee bit with my microfiber towel and went out the door. It was humid here this afternoon and I was outdoors with my kiddos @ work for 1 1/2 hours. My curls didn't frizz up at all, and still looked and felt so soft! I got compliments from my coworkers as well as 2 parents when they came to pick up their kids. It's now 9:30 and my curls still look fabulous! I also love the smell of the conditioner.

I know everyone has different HG's, but I had to put in my own 2cents for this product. My curls are wonderful! :D Just had to let you girls know.
3B Corkscrew... I'm back on the boards now! Just got The Big Chop on Monday, pics coming soon.

Comments

• redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Registered Users Posts: 17,502 Curl Neophyte
    That's great that it lasted all day, and that you found something that you don't have to buy online! :D

I really like your Day 13 pic.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • LadyCurlyLocksLadyCurlyLocks Registered Users Posts: 341
    That's great that it lasted all day, and that you found something that you don't have to buy online! :D

I really like your Day 13 pic.

Thanks! I'm glad, too. I got the conditioner for only $4.50, so that's great. I'm planning on using this, and with the great results, hopefully that will keep me from becoming a PJ :lol:
    3B Corkscrew... I'm back on the boards now! Just got The Big Chop on Monday, pics coming soon.
  • BrioBrio Registered Users Posts: 1,432
    Must. Resist. Urge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
    I'm not resisting very well. Was it the old formula or the new formula?

did it look like this bottle? I think this is the new formulation.

herbs-nag-03018-l.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
  • hockeymomof3hockeymomof3 Registered Users Posts: 2,159
    I think I am going to have to get this -- been eyeing it, the smell is OK (it reminds me of aveda sap moss), but it seems nice and thick -- I think it would be great as a co-wash...
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Conditioner - One Condition
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

Looking to try Devacurl Decadence line next! Can't wait to try it.
  • AnotherSunnyDayAnotherSunnyDay Registered Users Posts: 94
    Has anyone tried the matching shampoo?

http://natures-gate.com/shop/showitem.asp?ProductId=41101181&menuId=137&withLinks=1

Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamide DEA, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract, Achillea Millefolium (Yarrow) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Extract, Prunus Serotina (Wild Cherry) Bark Extract, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polyquaternium-10, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance.
    Brio wrote:

herbs-nag-03018-l.jpg

That's it. It's wonderful, in my opinion. Also looks easier to squeeze than the fat bottles I saw.
  • EilonwyEilonwy Registered Users Posts: 12,391 Curl Connoisseur
    Some people do find this one a bit drying, although I've never used it. The hemp and henna conditioners are also popular.

I'm so glad you've found an HG!
  • internetchickinternetchick Registered Users Posts: 6,191
    Sounds worth trying :)
    Brio wrote:

herbs-nag-03018-l.jpg

That's it. It's wonderful, in my opinion. Also looks easier to squeeze than the fat bottles I saw.

I believe the fat bottles are a different formulation. I think NG has recently updated their formulas and changed the look of the bottles. I agree: the fat bottles are not too ergonomic.

I've used the jojoba and the Rose Geranium & Persimmon from the NG line and was pleased with them. I've been wantting to try the herbal one after hearing some good reviews. I just don't need any conditioners right now. I also want to try this Hemp Moisturizing Conditioner I've seen at Sally's and have plans to hunt for more AHC when I'm in San Antonio. I'm addicted!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!

I picked this up today!! I am anxious to try it!!
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

I picked this up today!! I am anxious to try it!!

Keep us updated, please!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!

I used this condish this morning and got great results -- it really does the trick on frizz and gave me nice spirals. But, it felt weird on my hair -- almost sudsy/squeaky (It's the conditioner, cause I checked!) -- anybody else experience that?
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

• MegaraMegara Registered Users Posts: 424
    I bought this over the weekend.
    I used it this morning and I totally noticed it made my hair squeaky! I'm glad I wasn't the only one who found that.
    My hair doesn't feel dry, but not over conditioned either. And it gave me nice big clumps, which my hair apparently hasn't felt like doing lately. We'll see how it goes as I keep using it.
    pw:curls

To quote wild_sasparilla:
    'Thou shaketh it a little and it feeleth alright.'
    I'm still getting stupendous results using the conditioner. I'm getting my camera back from my sister tomorrow so I'll be able to post some pictures of my curls now that I'm pretty sure I've found the right routine. :D I'm glad you guys are getting good results, too!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file