New Komaza Products

kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte
Inquiring curly's want to know, so I wrote and asked Rene about new Komaza products. Despite being on vacation, she answered! She was surprised that we knew. Here's what she said--and she gave me permission to post the information:

"Yes, we have new products on the way. We are launching a kids line, another styling product which I LLOOOOVE and an Island brand which has be proven to provide better health for hair. They all have been in testing and are still being tested. I want perfection so I don't quite have a launch date but I am hoping to launch by Jan. We have also improved our shampoo which I am so excited about. I think we are going to bring back an old favorite, the Intense Moisture Therapy, but this time I think its better. We will be launching a total of about 9 new products.

We also will have a new site which will give customer reward points. The new url will be www.komazahaircare.com."
3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• pilateschickpilateschick Registered Users Posts: 222
    I am so glad that I waited to stock up on CHP. :blob2:
    Thanks for sharing.
    modified CG, since January 09
    As I am Coconut Cowash, low poo. Clarify once a month
    RO: Elucence moisture Bal.
    DT: CJ Rehab
    LI: Marie Dean Red Clover honey (in low dews only)
    Jelly/Gelly products: As I am curl enhancing jelly-near HG status
    KCCC- Classic but fickle

HGs: Aloe Fix alone or over Boots Curl Cream

PJ cabinet full of failed combos
  • blondie729blondie729 Registered Users Posts: 30
    Wow...that's great info! Komaza Coconut pudding and conditioners are getting me through my first CG winter! Can't wait to see what she has in store.
    Today was my first really great hair day (got a compliment!) in a low dew. (Komaza Califa conditioner as my r/o with Komaza Coco pudding as my styler and a bit of [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-Angell-p-57.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-angell]Devacurl Angel[/buylink] gel).

kathymack wrote: »
    Inquiring curly's want to know, so I wrote and asked Rene about new Komaza products. Despite being on vacation, she answered! She was surprised that we knew. Here's what she said--and she gave me permission to post the information:

"Yes, we have new products on the way. We are launching a kids line, another styling product which I LLOOOOVE and an Island brand which has be proven to provide better health for hair. They all have been in testing and are still being tested. I want perfection so I don't quite have a launch date but I am hoping to launch by Jan. We have also improved our shampoo which I am so excited about. I think we are going to bring back an old favorite, the Intense Moisture Therapy, but this time I think its better. We will be launching a total of about 9 new products.

We also will have a new site which will give customer reward points. The new url will be www.komazahaircare.com."
    2C-3A, baby fine, normal elasticity + porosity.
    Central Florida.
    Conditioner: CJBC, DevaCurl One, JC Aloeba
    Leave in: CJ BC, CJ CF
    Stylers: CK (only with dews over 60)
    Curl Creme: Gel-les'c, CJ CiaB, Mop C
    Gel: Goddess Glaze, HESMU, DC Angel

For Low Dews:
    conditioner:Califia Care Condit mixed with KCNT
    Curl Creme: Komaza Coconut Pudding

Weekly: low poo, Nexus Emergencee and wdt (CJ CF or CJ HBDF )
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Registered Users Posts: 2,678 Curl Neophyte
    Oh this is awesome ... I love the Komaza line. :cheers:
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • CurlykeyCurlykey Registered Users Posts: 1,540 Curl Novice
    Hmmm I've actually never tried this line. I suppose now would be a good time to......I'm not sure if I should try the coconut line or the califia.
    Are they having a new years sale?
    $5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
  • AlexjoujouAlexjoujou Registered Users Posts: 2,364
    Curlykey wrote: »
    Hmmm I've actually never tried this line. I suppose now would be a good time to......I'm not sure if I should try the coconut line or the califia...

Me too.

I've only used the Aloe stuff and the Honeycomb treatment.

I think I have some of the coconut lotion around and I did try a small sample of the CP.

She has those trial sizes of both the coconut and the califia.

She ships super fast..my only issue is I get high shipping AND tax since I'm in CA. So for a $40 order I'm going to pay at least $55+. Its why I've avoided it for a while.

Anyone input?
    FIA 2c/3aFi

Done experimenting! Loving Spiral Solutions products!

Blog: http://thewavytales.blogspot.com/
  • kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte
    I MUCH prefer the Califia products. Haven't found anything I really love in the Coconut line. I like the Honeycomb treatment, too.
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dominicanadominicana Registered Users Posts: 239
    Its up its up. THe new website is up, ooooh I wish she would have a sale. I'm dying to try some of the new products!! Especially the intense moisture therapy and the coconut hair pudding and the Califia Moisturizing Cream :love10: , its a never ending list.:blob5:

D
    Lady Valeria of the Isle of Neraida in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Central Florida Curly
    CG since May 5, 2009
    Hair Type: 3cCiii coarse\porous
    Conditioners: Bioinfusion HCB, CJCR, SpiralSolutions DDMT, BellaCurl MC, BellaCurl LE, KCKT, YesToCucumbers
    Stylers: CJ CCCC, FSG, KCCC, SpiralSolutions CEJ
  • tonsofcurlztonsofcurlz Registered Users Posts: 323 Curl Neophyte
    Uh... nice website but she jacked up her shipping charges (as if they weren't high enough). I put two 8 oz products in my cart. Previously, it would have cost close to $7 for priority shipping for them. Now, it costs $12.70! That's more than the cost of one of the items. No, thank you. I love Komaza products, but that's ridiculous.
    3b, fine texture, low to normal porosity
    Low Poos:
    MOP C Hydrating, JC HCC, Ion Swimmer's Poo
    Condish: GVP Balm, Kenra, Tigi Oatmeal/Honey, DE Coconut
    Leave-In: BWC, Abba Gentle, KBB Nectar, GFTN
    Stylers: CJ AF/CIAB, SS CEJ/FHG, QCCC, Komaza Puddings, EW SAJ or Alba Soft Curl w/KKSS, Kenra, Homemade FSG, AOMM, CK/QB HTSG

Save $5 off your first order at http://www.iherb.com. Use discount code: SOF540.
  • ZinniaZinnia Registered Users Posts: 7,339
    The website looks the same to me; did she changed the web address too?
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
    Windflower wrote: »
    The website looks the same to me; did she changed the web address too?

Yep

New one is http://www.komazahaircare.com
    FIA 2c/3aFi

Uh... nice website but she jacked up her shipping charges (as if they weren't high enough). I put two 8 oz products in my cart. Previously, it would have cost close to $7 for priority shipping for them. Now, it costs $12.70! That's more than the cost of one of the items. No, thank you. I love Komaza products, but that's ridiculous.

Oddly enough shipping for me seems to be less.

Before my order was $40 + tax $3.50 or so plus shipping of $13.

Now for the same it costs $8.60 which is more reasonable (but still high for in-state orders).

Compare this to Darcy's Botanicals where my shipping is $7 or so on average from the other side of the country.

I think if I want more I'll have to have a friend in Sac pick it up.
    FIA 2c/3aFi

• Heather0kayHeather0kay Registered Users Posts: 667 Curl Neophyte
    I have been going to the OLD website everyday to see if the new products were added! I wish I would have known! I don't see anything that really looks interesting; I was hoping for a replacement for the aloe conditioner .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Type: 3a, fine, thin, low porosity Water/Climate: soft/ marine Washes: water w/washcloth, shikakai, clay Condition: Style:Seamollient, CurlsPFCCP, Miracurl, Gel-les'c, CK; rudeechick's super soaker method; blot, air dry 30 min; diffuse
    I wrote Rene, because I was concerned that I hadn't gotten THE email about the new site and products being launched, forgot that she had given me the website when I asked about the new products, previously.

"We haven't sent out the email blast yet. We will be sending it out tonight 9pm pst. This warms my heart more than I can say to know that you guys are on it like this." (remember they are PST)

Then I asked if she wanted to describe the new products.

"The Califia Pudding, I love. It really loosens the curl and keeps hair soft. The kids line I think people will be drawn to the detangling spray because it works fast and dries quickly so you won't leave the house with wet hair and I know they will like the Cleansing Conditioner because the Almond Cleansing Co was well liked (they are pretty much the same).

The Moku line. I am proud of and a little anxious to hear all the feedback (good or bad). It is designed for damaged hair, transitioning, flat ironed, or chemically treated hair. It's our lightest hair care line. I wrote up a little something about it on the website. If you go to: http://www.komazahaircare.com/blog/ (this is also at the top right corner of the website labeled "Hair&Health") You will see the comparison between all three lines."
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heather0kayHeather0kay Registered Users Posts: 667 Curl Neophyte
    Hmmm... maybe I was wrong... the Moku condish or even the shampoo is looking interesting or the sweet pea shampoo....I wonder if they would be to heavy for me? Maybe I will get some samples when I am out of the HoneyComb next month.

Kathymack , are you going to try the Moku?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Type: 3a, fine, thin, low porosity Water/Climate: soft/ marine Washes: water w/washcloth, shikakai, clay Condition: Style:Seamollient, CurlsPFCCP, Miracurl, Gel-les'c, CK; rudeechick's super soaker method; blot, air dry 30 min; diffuse
    Hmmm... maybe I was wrong... the Moku condish or even the shampoo is looking interesting or the sweet pea shampoo....I wonder if they would be to heavy for me? Maybe I will get some samples when I am out of the HoneyComb next month.

Kathymack , are you going to try the Moku?

Heather, I was really surprised when you said NOTHING was of interest. We'll have to withdraw you pj card! I'm going to order the some of the Moku line and the Califia Pudding. Coconut Pudding doesn't do it for me.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    kathymack wrote: »
    I wrote Rene, because I was concerned that I hadn't gotten THE email about the new site and products being launched, forgot that she had given me the website when I asked about the new products, previously.

"We haven't sent out the email blast yet. We will be sending it out tonight 9pm pst. This warms my heart more than I can say to know that you guys are on it like this." (remember they are PST)

Then I asked if she wanted to describe the new products.

"The Califia Pudding, I love. It really loosens the curl and keeps hair soft. The kids line I think people will be drawn to the detangling spray because it works fast and dries quickly so you won't leave the house with wet hair and I know they will like the Cleansing Conditioner because the Almond Cleansing Co was well liked (they are pretty much the same).

The Moku line. I am proud of and a little anxious to hear all the feedback (good or bad). It is designed for damaged hair, transitioning, flat ironed, or chemically treated hair. It's our lightest hair care line. I wrote up a little something about it on the website. If you go to: http://www.komazahaircare.com/blog/ (this is also at the top right corner of the website labeled "Hair&Health") You will see the comparison between all three lines."

OK Say what??? Pretty much the same as the Almond Milk Cleansing Condish?? My fav cleansing condish????? WOOHOO!

You made my day. AND the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-CoffeeCoco-Curl-Creme-p-488.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curl-junkie-coffeecoco-curl-creme]CCCC[/buylink] Lite is out...and her cleansing conditioner. Wow. That new Moku line looks like good to try as well.

I feel a sample order coming on.....
    FIA 2c/3aFi

• goobernutgoobernut Registered Users Posts: 2,317
    Hey, has anyone ever asked her which kind of bentrimonium she uses? Why does she just list it as bentrimonium? Kathy -- have you ever asked that question before?

Inquiring minds want to know :)
    Grand Goobah Caedran, Aqueous Infusion of Demulcents, Order of the Curly Crusaders

Fia 2cFi, fine texture, med porosity CG 5-29-09 * My hair loves protein! Currently using : DermOrganics Shampoo and IHM, G2B Kinkier Mousse, Re:Coil VMM, Anything Spiral Solutions! MO Sealing. Coconut Oil Pre-Poo, once a month Hard Water shampoo. Avoiding Glycerin in finishing products.
    So question: The new Califia pudding. It says styling pudding but you can get a sample that says moisture cream.

Is this a new product? Is there a sample size? It looks almost like it is the same as the old moisture cream that's in the kit and was already available?

Just curious:)
    FIA 2c/3aFi

• angel29ishangel29ish Registered Users Posts: 800
    Alexjoujou wrote: »
    So question: The new Califia pudding. It says styling pudding but you can get a sample that says moisture cream.

Is this a new product? Is there a sample size? It looks almost like it is the same as the old moisture cream that's in the kit and was already available?

Just curious:)

The moisture cream previously had polyquaternium 10 as an ingredient. I think that is the only difference.

I've been checking everything out this eve and went to place my order...damn!!! I don't think they ship to Canada as I couldn't pick any other country option.:blob6: I'll have to email them to see.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3B, fine, low/normal porosity
    CG - July 2009
    CO/RO/Trt.-Suave, BCB, Tigi OH & MM, EO, CJRehab, SG, DF & CF, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Darcy's, K-Pak, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin, JCWDT, CurlQ
    LI-GDLI, Abba PGC, CJRehab, CF,SG & BCLI, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin
    Styler-FSG, Re:coil, CJCCCC lite & CIAB, Komaza CCP & CS, DB, BRHG, Joiwhip/gel, Ecostyler, Boots, SS, Gel-les'c, DMMCG, KCSS
    Too many others to list!
    Goober, I don't know which Behenetrimonium they use--it's not an ingredient that makes a difference to me. I'd be happy to email her. There are two that I know of, chloride and the more popular BTMS.

Alex, when I read that comment about the Cleansing Conditioner--I just knew you'd be a happy camper. The Moisture Cream and the Pudding are two different products. I know that FrizzBgone uses the cream to SOTC and if she feels that she's over dried her hair. She likes something better (Oyin maybe) but it can build up and the moisture cream does not.

ETA: Just sent Rene an email with the Behenetrimonium and Angel, I asked if they ship to Canada. Thought someone else might want to know.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Just got an email back from Rene with answers to the questions that have been raised. She also asked me to post about their shipping issue on the website. There's been discussion about it on the 4a board, so I posted it there, too:

"We do not ship to Canada. Honeyfig is a wholesaler in Canada and does carry the complete line. She should check out www.honeyfig.com.

We use behenetrimonium methosulfate. I hope that is what they are asking about. They probably already know this, but it is a great and mild detangler.

I would like to know if you could pass on a message for me please. We are having issues with our shipping on the new site. The charges are obviously, incorrect. I have jumped out of bed and is on my way to the office now to resolve this issue. I should have it fixed in a couple of hours. But I wanted to e-mail you first."
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for asking kathy! I do order from Honeyfig so will email them as they don't show any new products yet. It may take some time for them to get them in stock. I'll have to patiently wait...in the meantime...I'm off to Curl Junkie! I look forward to your reviews on the new hair goodies.
    CG - July 2009
    CO/RO/Trt.-Suave, BCB, Tigi OH & MM, EO, CJRehab, SG, DF & CF, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Darcy's, K-Pak, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin, JCWDT, CurlQ
    LI-GDLI, Abba PGC, CJRehab, CF,SG & BCLI, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin
    Styler-FSG, Re:coil, CJCCCC lite & CIAB, Komaza CCP & CS, DB, BRHG, Joiwhip/gel, Ecostyler, Boots, SS, Gel-les'c, DMMCG, KCSS
    Too many others to list!
  • goobernutgoobernut Registered Users Posts: 2,317
    OOh thanks for asking Kathy :) I assumed it was the Bent Meth, but I figured I'd ask. I know that's the bent of choice lol.
    Grand Goobah Caedran, Aqueous Infusion of Demulcents, Order of the Curly Crusaders

Fia 2cFi, fine texture, med porosity CG 5-29-09 * My hair loves protein! Currently using : DermOrganics Shampoo and IHM, G2B Kinkier Mousse, Re:Coil VMM, Anything Spiral Solutions! MO Sealing. Coconut Oil Pre-Poo, once a month Hard Water shampoo. Avoiding Glycerin in finishing products.
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Registered Users Posts: 2,678 Curl Neophyte
    angel29ish wrote: »
    Thanks for asking kathy! I do order from Honeyfig so will email them as they don't show any new products yet. It may take some time for them to get them in stock. I'll have to patiently wait...in the meantime...I'm off to Curl Junkie! I look forward to your reviews on the new hair goodies.
    Another company that will ship to Canada and carries Komaza is www.afrokinks.com. I checked their site and they don't appear to have the new products either. I'll be surprised if Honeyfig gets the whole line. When I asked them to increase the CJ products they carried, they said that they would consider that for future orders, but it never happened (this was before all the new additions Marsha made).

Komaza is one of my favourite lines. It is a shame that it is so difficult (and costly) to get in Canada. While I love the service at Honeyfig, they really are expensive.
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
    FrizzBgone wrote: »
    angel29ish wrote: »
    Another company that will ship to Canada and carries Komaza is www.afrokinks.com. I checked their site and they don't appear to have the new products either. I'll be surprised if Honeyfig gets the whole line. When I asked them to increase the CJ products they carried, they said that they would consider that for future orders, but it never happened (this was before all the new additions Marsha made).

Komaza is one of my favourite lines. It is a shame that it is so difficult (and costly) to get in Canada. While I love the service at Honeyfig, they really are expensive.

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for the info. I was away at a hockey tournament all weekend. I'll definitely check out Afrokinks. ITA regarding the cost of getting decent product in Canada. The shipping is a killer. Thanks again!
    CG - July 2009
    Too many others to list!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file