Can baking soda remove dimethicone?

twister89twister89 Registered Users Posts: 137
I went home for Xmas break to Michigan and well... I had no hair supplies... at ALL, and I really needed to wash my hair, and I hadn't taken a shower in a WEEK (it was finals week... O_O) so it was a total greaseball, like sickeningly so. Like.. I find co-washing can remove excess grease for me and I'm okay, but I hadn't been showering at all and this was BEYOND help without shampoo (my own fault though) so I shampooed with my brother's tea tree oil shampoo and then I have been using this Loreal Moisturizing Conditioner for co-washing and rinse-out, but dimethicone is the ninth ingredient. Ah well. I figure I should use it as a rinse-out for the 11 more days that I'm here and then just go back to college. I bought some Suave clarifying shampoo (in case I need it) and Suave Naturals Coconut at Walgreens, so I'll co-wash with the Coconut till I go back but still rinse out with the conditioner with the cone so.... is baking soda enough to get rid of cone buildup? I don't really wanna go buy a low-poo for 11 days, so if BS won't cut it, I'll use the clarifyng poo with SLS once a week till I leave. And if I'm using BS, should I do BS, then rinse-out, then ACV (since BS raises the cuticle) or do the ACV before the rinse out? I can't use BS with the water I have up at college for some reason, but I CAN use it at home so I might as well take advantage of this if it'll work!

Comments

• E2eE2e Registered Users Posts: 246
    I went home for Xmas break to Michigan and well... I had no hair supplies... at ALL, and I really needed to wash my hair, and I hadn't taken a shower in a WEEK (it was finals week... O_O) so it was a total greaseball, like sickeningly so. Like.. I find co-washing can remove excess grease for me and I'm okay, but I hadn't been showering at all and this was BEYOND help without shampoo (my own fault though) so I shampooed with my brother's tea tree oil shampoo and then I have been using this Loreal Moisturizing Conditioner for co-washing and rinse-out, but dimethicone is the ninth ingredient. Ah well. I figure I should use it as a rinse-out for the 11 more days that I'm here and then just go back to college. I bought some Suave clarifying shampoo (in case I need it) and Suave Naturals Coconut at Walgreens, so I'll co-wash with the Coconut till I go back but still rinse out with the conditioner with the cone so.... is baking soda enough to get rid of cone buildup? I don't really wanna go buy a low-poo for 11 days, so if BS won't cut it, I'll use the clarifyng poo with SLS once a week till I leave. And if I'm using BS, should I do BS, then rinse-out, then ACV (since BS raises the cuticle) or do the ACV before the rinse out? I can't use BS with the water I have up at college for some reason, but I CAN use it at home so I might as well take advantage of this if it'll work!

I just saw a post on this, read the one titled Mineral oil or something like that.
    FIA:2b/cMiiF
    Hair :love7: protein

Bellydancer in the Order of the Curly Crusaders.
  • E2eE2e Registered Users Posts: 246
    FIA:2b/cMiiF
    Hair :love7: protein

Bellydancer in the Order of the Curly Crusaders.
  • twister89twister89 Registered Users Posts: 137
    Aha, okay great, I'll try mixing 1T BS with 3T Suave Coconut conditioner tomorrow morning and see how that works for me! Maybe it'll give me a curl boost... shampoo gives me a curl boost (after a week of co-washing every other day and no shampoo, my hair is 2Aish and almost straight except at the bottom; this always happens to me [cones or not], and shampoo makes it curly again). I really want to figure out how to get a curl boost WITHOUT the SLS though hahaha.
    Okay! BS here I come!
  • runnerchickirunnerchicki Registered Users Posts: 475
    If you wash with baking soda, I highly recommend an ACV rinse afterwards. Baking soda is very alkaline and the ACV will return your hair to the proper pH.
    FIA: 2cFii

Lady Crispina, Confector of Pharmaceutria and Conjurer of Exquisitus JuJu, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file