Do you use a Leave-In with your Flax Seed Gel?

Curly Girl FlaCurly Girl Fla Registered Users Posts: 1,834 Curl Connoisseur
If yes, what type of LI works best for you? How much do you apply? I'm back on an FSG kick, but this time I've only used it over the LI. I think I'll experiment with it as my only product on a day I don't have to leave the house, lol...I'd love to know what works for you...? TIA... :)

Comments

• janeylizjaneyliz Registered Users Posts: 777
    I get better curl definition with a leave-in under FSG and it counteracts any dryness from the mag sulphate.

I use either AOHR or Garnier Fructis Repair & Shine, both of which are quite rich. I've also used Lustrasilk shea and mango, but I've found I can't use it all the time as my hair gets overconditioned.

How much do I apply.....about 3 x 50p sized blobs.
    Marchioness Chinoise in the land of Mancunia Productia Junkia in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

DT: AOHR
    Wash: Anita Grant babassu bar
    Leave-in: Body Shop cotton seed curl boost with manuka honey mixed in
    Gel: Umberto Giannini Curl Friends scrunching gel
    Odds & ends Lime juice, honey, Anita Grant cafe latte
    I brush with a Tangle Teezer & love Flexi-8's
    www.public.fotki.com/janeyliz
    www.thelilyfoundation.org.uk
  • OperaCurlsOperaCurls Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    Always use a leave-in :glasses1:
    Giovanni Direct and Aura Almond Cherry Bark are my favorites, I smooth slightly more than a pea-sized amount through my hair in the shower.
    Also, I've been using FSG as my only styler for awhile now, and it works great when I scrunch more in when my hair is damp, after plopping.
    http://public.fotki.com/opera-curls/ (I cut my own hair)
    Pacific Northwest girl, color-treated fine 3B, med-low porosity

Products: Suave Coconut condish, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, FSG or KCCC, AfroVeda Shea-Amla Cream
    I LOVE HENNA!
  • kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte
    CGF, I'm not sure how germane this is. I'm using "heavier" leave ins with jelly type products right now with great success. But our dewpoint was -4 yesterday. I don't think you get that kind of weather in FL!
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Curly Girl FlaCurly Girl Fla Registered Users Posts: 1,834 Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks for the replies :). I do think I probably need to use a leave-in to keep from being to "fluffy". I guess some of the ones I have with heavier oil content are slightly less compatible with the FSG than the creamier types of LI. Today I washed with, rinsed out and left in Lustrasilk Organic Cholesterol w/Argan Oil (my hair likes this stuff!)...just that and my FSG...My hair has really great body and shine! It isn't super curl-defined, though, so maybe I need something a little heavier. I appreciate the input.
  • misspammisspam Registered Users Posts: 5,318
    Curly Girl Fla - I just wanted to say that seeing your post yesterday inspired me to whip up a batch of FSG - something I haven't done for many months. I forgot how much my hair loves this. Thank you! :sunny:

As a leave-in, I used [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Weekly-Deep-Conditioning-Treatment-p-106.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-weekly-deep-conditioner-treatment]Jessicurl WDT[/buylink]. I would also try CJ Curl Rehab, maybe even [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Aloeba-Daily-Conditioner-p-104.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-aloeba-daily-conditioner]Aloeba[/buylink].
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file