how to get my hair frizz free

My hair recently turned very frizz, and before I had perfect curls almost everyday. I didn't change my products, and been using the products for several months now.
wash day routine
- Shampoo my hair with a sulfate free shampoo. My hair gets buildup without a shampoo.
- Co-wash my hair with suave naturals tropical coconut. My hair loves protein.
- Rinse out conditioner with Suave Natural Tropical Coconut.
- Comb my hair wet with a wide tooth comb.
- Wrap my hair up in a curlease towel
- Put in products on wet hair. Check signature for products.
- Either diffuse my hair, or air dry my hair. I do not touch my hair when it is drying.
- Put a finishing product in a my hair, and if my hair got hard, I SOTC.
Non-Wash Days.
- Water-wash my hair
- Comb my hair with a wide tooth comb, when it is wet.
- Put in Suave Naturals Coconut Conditioner in my hair
- Put my hair up in a Curlease towel
- Put in a gel, Herbal Essence Totally Twisted Gel.
- Let my hair air dry, or blow dry with a diffuser.
Does anyone have any drugstore product or products that I can find at target. Sorry about the long post, and I been doing the curly girl method since september.
Fine hair, 3a/3b
Shampoo: switching from a couple
Conditioner: Herbal Essences totally twisted conditioner
Deep conditioner: Aussie 3 minute miracle
Styling products: pureology real curl, framesi hair treatment line colored treated serum

Comments

• PreciousHoneyPreciousHoney Registered Users Posts: 254
    Maybe with the air being so much drier you need a little more moisture?

Have you tried a DT?
    Precious Honey :)
    3c with some 3b at the bottom.
    Im lovin HENNA
    Light protein use

Co-wash: Suave Daily Clarifying Co
    Rinse-out: Back to Basics Pom Peach (old bottle) or GVP Conditioning Balm
    DT: GVP Condidtioning Balm with heat
    Leave in: Elucence MBC
    Gel: HEBE or Aussie Instant Freeze gel.
    Shampoo: Elucence Moisture Balance
    http://public.fotki.com/Precioushoney/
  • pedahehpedaheh Registered Users Posts: 4,812 Curl Neophyte
    I'd second the dry weather being to blame.
    I looked up the ingredients for the John Frieda Strait answers because I hadn't heard of anyone using it. Copied from folcia:
    Ingredients: Water, Alcohol Denat., Malic Acid, Lactic Acid, Glycerin, Polysilicone-9, Polyquaternium-11, Steartrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-46, Panthenol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, PEG-350, Polyquaternium-6, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide,� Isopropylparaben, butylparaben, Fragrance.
    alcohol denat- This is a drying short-chain alcohol
    The quote is a copy of a copy from another site. I believe it was originally a curl chemist article on NC.com
    These types of alcohols evaporate quickly due to their low molecular weight, and for this reason are often used as an additive to help decrease the time it takes for hair to dry. However, this can create dry, frizzy hair as it may cause the cuticle to be roughened and/or oil and water to be removed from the hair along with the alcohol (remember, these are often use as astringents for our skin for just this reason).
    polysilicone-9-I'd guess this is a cone, but I've never heard of it. You do low poo, so you should be able to wash out some cones. Everyone's hair is different.
    Polyquaternium-11,-46,-6-Polyquats have the potential to build up on the hair. This should be less of a problem since you low poo. Again, everyone's hair is different
    glycerine-humectant, can steal moisture from hair in dry weather

Also, I've read some people find the Burt's Bees poo's to be drying over time.

The JFSA could be the problem. I'm still learning how to decipher ingredients. Maybe someone with more experience can help.
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file