product recommendation needed

kennra10kennra10 Posts: 1Registered Users
i'm looking for a new product to use on my hair that will keep my curls soft and frizz-free but NOT be crunchy. I currently use mousse on my very thick hair but it makes my hair crunchy and the curls look flattened out. thanks :iconbiggrin:

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Determine your hair texture and porosity and then look for people who have hair like yours. Most of us put our favorite products in our signatures, as well as hair characteristics.

My hair prefers the more natural products and natural soap bars for cleansing.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mabbott09mabbott09 Posts: 76Registered Users
    Personally I LOVE AG hair cosmetics Re: Coil. It leaves my hair so soft and well defined. You can buy it here at the Curl Mart, its in the Best of the Best section. Also its availible in some salons so look around. Go through the product reviews on this site if your curious how they work for other curlies and read the threads.
    3a/M/F/ii very porous highlighted. Loves lots and lots of Protein :D

Poo: DC NoPoo, DC lowpoo, KC come clean
    cowash:V05 moisture milks
    Condish: GVPCB, GF Triple Nutrition, Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner,Elucence MB condish, TIGI O&H, MM
    Leave in- GF TN
    Stylers: fsg, re:coil, LALSG, G2B spike it, HE mousse
    My hair is loving Coconut oil and FSG!!!
    DT: CJCR, SSDD

On the hunt (again) for the perfect gel
    Looking to get Volume AND Shrinkage

HairTwin wanted:afro:
  • Fluffy01Fluffy01 Posts: 271Registered Users
    Jane Carter's spray gel and leave in conditioner. I spray the leave-in first then the gel as soon as I get out of the shower. Then I take my towel and scrunch my curls to get the excess moisture out. Wait about 20 min. then diffuse on low with head flipped over. Finish off with a little Redken Water Wax (silicone free/protein free) to keep the canopy frizz down and give shine. HTH! :happy7:
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I love the jelly's, puddings and creams as curl enhancers. I use them after a leave-in conditioner. After I apply the curl enhancer (jelly, pudding), I scrunch in a small amount of gel for hold. Some of my favourite curl enhancers are:
    ** I hope your okay with acronyms ... let me know if you're unsure of the product I'm referring to **
    • DM's Miracurl
    • DOC
    • CHP
    • Darcy's Curling Jelly
    • Mop-C
    • CCSS
    • Imply
    • Ohm SHP
    I think LI's are really important too. If I don't use a LI, it won't matter what styler I use, my hair won't curl well.

Favourite LI's include:
    • Shescentit Coco-Creme
    • Jasmine's Babassu Butter Cream
    • DM Detangler
    • Afro Detangler
    • KBB Nectar
    Once my hair is completely dry, I use [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Oyin-Handmade-Whipped-Pudding-p-353.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=oyin-whipped-pudding]Oyin's Whipped Pudding[/buylink] to SOTC. It works really well. It seems to give my hair some extra hold, adds shine and definition and removes any crunch. Most products will dry a little crunchy. If you wait until your hair is completely dry before scrunching it out, you shouldn't get any frizz and will be left with soft curls.

If you don't need a lot of hold, you may not have to use any gel over the curl enhancers I've listed above. I need the extra hold, so I have to use the gel.

HTH
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • happycurls24happycurls24 Posts: 263Registered Users
    Maybe use gel instead of mousse if it makes your hair crunchy.
    I recommend LA looks gel. (AMAZING)!!!:love5:

It works really well, is cheap and lasts forever. No joke, I have had the same bottle since August.
    Hair Type: 3b /3a?.... medium texture, normal porosity:afro:

Conditioner:
    Aussie Moist

Shampoo: Organix Shampoo

Other products: Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam Mousse, LA looks Sport gel, & whatever is cheapest for a frizz serum.

:blob:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file