Total Bummer

BelleCoilyBelleCoily Posts: 13Registered Users
I heard that NC was a nice, diverse board, and you could learn a lot about hair and other cultures, but board-bullies :? were not on my list of things to deal with this life-time, so I think I'll leave while the going's good. On the other chat boards they don't pick on you.

but the Moderators are very nice and most of the members are as well

Just wanted to say bye to the nice people on this board.

why:

http://www.naturallycurly.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=85875

I still can't believe she 'typed that outloud'.
combination coily: dry/soft coils, kinks and curls

Comments

• Hairblogger â„¢Hairblogger â„¢ Posts: 564Registered Users
    If you see this, don't go, kiddo.

The world is full of jerks and the internet world has even more jerks.
    When you're older, you'll realise that not everyone is going to be kind, and while you don't have to stoop to their level, you should not let anyone chase you away when you're observing basic codes of conduct.
    'Goddess Hair & Skin Recipe Book' devotee 4life!

Co-Wash: Aubrey O. HoneySuckleRose Cond.
    Poo: 1-2x ~monthly~ w/AO 'poo+Baking Soda
    DT: Honey + any Aubrey Condish
    Leave-Ins: Sheamoisture / RJML Cactus / KBBmilk!

[/COLOR]
  • lawlaw Posts: 259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Don't let one person in one thread run you off. There will always be people you don't get along with. If you enjoy the web site then you have a right to be here.
    "You Tied that thing up outside?" said Kepler. "What if he got hungry and ate a mailman or a kindergarten class or something? The least you could do is tie a decent knot." Metzger's Dog by Thomas Perry
  • nappymdnappymd Posts: 127Registered Users
    At some level one race is ignorant about another race. If I hear someone call Asians Oriental one more time!!!!

Regarding Bullies, some people are on a different wavelength than you. I got my hair shingled at Miss Jessie's and I was attacked on this board for it. I had no idea why. Later on I came across a thread on another board explaining why they were anti-shingling. After reading that, I realized that I'm on a different planet. They were talking about issues that I never even thought about. Point is you have to do you. It's not for them it's for you.
    4b is me
  • ConcernedCoilsConcernedCoils Posts: 106Registered Users
    I hope BC decides to come back.

Nappy MD, I can't believe people attacked you for getting your hair done.

While I understand that people are very passionate about not using chemicals, shingling isn't a chemical service, so I'm at a loss. Just because some hair ma not respond to shingling, doesn't mean people should be attacked for it. That's like attacking someone who layers products for better softness and almost everyone has layered their hair to see if it's mor effective or not for them, personally. So, if shinglings more effective for you, then go for it. I don't shingle btw, but I'm lazy. :wink:
    And as long as my hair is soft and healthy, I don't worry aout whether it's curling or coiling or fluffing out like a cool fro'.

I guess the thing is, it's ok to be different or to disagree or even have a friendly debate, but you don't have the right to bring a miserable disposition to someone else and hurt them on purpose. And as I understand it, the moderators of this board make that pretty clear that anyone can be banned for not adhering to policy.
    products:
    co-washing with any Aubrey Organics product
    Olive Oil +/under leave-in for super soft hair!
    Whipped Karite/Shea or Avocado butter leave-in
    Also lots of water, pilates and meditation
  • jeamariajeamaria Posts: 1,851Registered Users
    nappymd wrote:
    At some level one race is ignorant about another race. If I hear someone call Asians Oriental one more time!!!!

Regarding Bullies, some people are on a different wavelength than you. I got my hair shingled at Miss Jessie's and I was attacked on this board for it. I had no idea why. Later on I came across a thread on another board explaining why they were anti-shingling. After reading that, I realized that I'm on a different planet. They were talking about issues that I never even thought about. Point is you have to do you. It's not for them it's for you.

On what thread did this happen?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file