Help me!!!

anonymous_1037anonymous_1037 Registered Users Posts: 213
I promise you ladies I am not lazy, I have tried everything, and my hair still looks a hot mess. I am currently on an natural hair care path along with my products which I love!!!. I eliminated shampoo because my hair is way to dry.

These are the products I want to stick with:
coconut oil
giovanni smooth as siclk conditioner to cowash with
bentonite clay to cleanse once a week

Are there any tips that can be offered or certain ways I should be using these products to get optimum results.

Thank you so much in advance!!!

Comments

• violetmauvevioletmauve Registered Users Posts: 177
    Do you deep condition?
  • MrsComboCurlzMrsComboCurlz Registered Users Posts: 625
    I don't see you listing any moisturizing products, what do you use to moisturize your hair?
    & why must you Bentonite clay cleanse EVERY WEEK?, that may be the drying factor...If anything , Deep Conditioning every week should prove better, Also get an excellent Leave-in Conditioner...HTH
    *Cleanse: BoBeam, Giovanni Tea-Tree
    *Rinse Cond: Herbal Essence HH
    *Deep Cond: Deity America (green tub), CRN Algae Hair Mask
    *Leave-in's: Soultanicals, Pura Body Naturals, Alikay Naturals Lemon-grass spritz
    *Twisting: Obia Naturals TWB, PBN Cupuacu Butter, Camille Rose
    *Treatment: Henna/Amla/Cassia/Brahmi
    * LCSO Method
  • Kinky RhonnieKinky Rhonnie Registered Users Posts: 1,166
    I agree that the weekly deep cleansing is not needed and true moisture is missing. Also, where is the leave-in conditioner.

Secondly, I've read numerous times that all of the Giovanni conditioners contain protein so weekly cowash with Giovanni may be a no-no because to much protein can dry your hair out making it brittle, which results in breakage. You should co-wash with a moisturizing conditioner. I hope someone will chime in on the Giovanni line.

My routine:
    cowash
    condition/deep condition
    apply leave-in
    moisturize
    seal with an emollient oil
    braid/twist while wet
    IMG_2442+-+Copy+2.JPG
    Get up to $10 off your first order at http://www.iherb.com. Use discount code: CAR231.

My Blog: http://kinkyrhonnie.blogspot.com
  • ZinniaZinnia Registered Users Posts: 7,339
    happy 4b wrote: »
    I promise you ladies I am not lazy, I have tried everything, and my hair still looks a hot mess. I am currently on an natural hair care path along with my products which I love!!!. I eliminated shampoo because my hair is way to dry.

coconut oil

Are there any tips that can be offered or certain ways I should be using these products to get optimum results.

Why do you want to just use Giovanni? Smooth as Silk has too much protein for me to use it daily.

And coconut oil can be very drying for some hair.

Do you want suggestions on different products? Do you want products that can only be found in a store?
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • eccentric_kurlzeccentric_kurlz Registered Users Posts: 4,151 Curl Connoisseur
    happy 4b wrote: »

coconut oil

The ladies already mentioned a few red flags concerning you not using a leave in or a moisturizing product in between cowashes, as well as cleansing with the clay every week. Once a month should suffice since you aren't using anything that could buildup up too much. If you're going to use coconut oil, you should use it as a sealer, as NO oil provides moisture.

Also, how often are you cowashing? I use the Smooth as Silk and only cowash once a week since I wear my hair in twists. I've used it as a leave in and it works fine for that, but I don't have an aversion to protein like some ladies here. But since the frequency at which I use it is less than many, that could be why I can get away with it.

Anyway, I'd recommend limiting the clay cleansing to once a month(at the most), invest in a good leave in(or use the Giovanni), and invest in a deep treatment, and in a good moisturizer(a cream-based product). You will see a difference in your hair once you do that.
    A wonderful mix of coils, curls, corkscrews, and kinks.

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/shyygirl_2007/
    PW: curlyhair

I have a blog now. Follow meeeee! :)

http://naturalurbanista.blogspot.com/

"You see, when it comes to language competence, a true patriot must hit that sweet spot between "job-stealing immigrant" and "liberal elitist." ~Eilonwy

Wanna have access to the top names in fashion and luxury at up to 70% off retail? Sure you do. http://tinyurl.com/3yxneol

DC metro area
  • anonymous_1037anonymous_1037 Registered Users Posts: 213
    Thank you so much ladies.

-I am going to use White Rain conditioner for cowashing.
    -I think my hair likes protein so I will keep using the Giovanni weekly as a deep conditioner.
    -Coconut oil makes my hair soft, I will try it as a prepoo.
    -For moisturizing, i made a mixture with shea butter, especially since it is winter I need something thick.
    -I will save the bentonite clay for every two weeks.
    -Will try this routine for a while.

Thanks again ladies.
  • ZinniaZinnia Registered Users Posts: 7,339
    happy 4b,

let's us know how the new routine works for you.
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file