Two-for-one special! TWINS!

ShanaVilloriaShanaVilloria Registered Users Posts: 263
I've mentioned recently that I'm pregnant, but Surprise! IT'S TWINS!!

I found out that we were expecting at Thanksgiving. Then just a week ago I had my first ultrasound, and there were two distinct sacs with two little monsters growing inside!

It happened sooooo fast. We decided to stop using birth control in September, I had a period in October, then I was pregnant in November. We were super fertile. And doubly-fertile, too, no less!

As far as twins go, there's not a lot of history in our families, but DH has one aunt who has a set of fraternals. No one on my side at all has any multiples.

I am 10 weeks along now, and things are looking good. The doc said their growth was right on target for their gestational age; one is facing up and one is facing down, which is a good position; and being in two sacs makes it lower-risk than if they shared one, so I'm pretty stoked! They're set to be due mid-July 2010. Full term would be July 25th, but twins are pretty much guaranteed to come a week or two early (at least), so it'll probably be July 11th-18th.

Do any other curlies with multiples have advice to share? I am reallllly excited. I think that twins are just the coolest thing. When I was little I always wished I had a twin (I'm an only child), so I am super happy to get a set of my own!

Photobucket of Babies: http://photobucket.com/VilloriaBoys
Fotki of Hair through the Ages: http://public.fotki.com/shanavilloria/

CG Since October 29, 2009.
2A and 3A
Co-wash:
GTTT
Rinse out: DevaCurl OneC, KCKT
Leave in: Curl Junkie Beauticurls
Styling: CHS Curl Keeper + KCCC
u10Jm7.png

Comments

• Maxs MomMaxs Mom Registered Users Posts: 64
    I do. I have identical twin girls.(women). They are 23 years old. They WERE in the same sack. They are called Mono-mono twins. Very rare and dangerous. They were born at 31 weeks and spent 7 weeks and 4 days in the NICU. Ever since they got out of the hospital they have been healthier than their full term brother. It was awesome to raise them. It was easy. They are each others best friend and played together all the time. It is a very special blessing. Congratulations.
    Hilo, Hawaii
    MOD/GC since 5/08-no silicones or SLS
    2b/3a Long (waist length when wet) , THICK and course
    Lo-Poo-Jessicurl HCC,KC come clean, CJ daily fix conditioner
    Condish-Leave in-KCNT,Moisture Maniac
    Styling-re:coil, KCCC, BSRHG
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Registered Users Posts: 7,135 Curl Novice
    No advice, but congrats on your pregnancy! :)
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • StarmieStarmie Registered Users Posts: 7,169 Curl Virtuoso
    No advice here either but I agree with you that twins are pretty cool, I would've liked it too. Hard work I would imagine, but great nonetheless. Congratulations.
    3b in South Australia.
  • NoraCurlNoraCurl Registered Users Posts: 345
    Congrats - that's so awesome!:happy7:
    My best friends are boy-girl twins but they are so alike that they're practically the same person. They sing together as a pair, they share the same friends, they often say things in unison, and they even go out on dates together! It creeps me out sometimes, being that they're not even the same gender and they act exactly alike! There was this one time over the summer that they went out with the same T-shirt and shorts and people were like "WTF???":lol: So, my advice would be don't get confused between them!
    :toothy4::toothy4:
    "Smile...just do it.":angel11:

3aMii, medium porosity, medium to low elasticity:color:

Shampoo & Conditioner: HE Hydralicious Featherweight
    Styling: HETMS Spray Gel and Finishing Touch Cream
    DT: GF Triple Nutrition

• inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Registered Users Posts: 2,954 Curl Connoisseur
    awww..How Exciting!! Congrats!!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Congratulations!
  • cosmicflycosmicfly Registered Users Posts: 1,814
    Congratulations!