Dangit I did it!

4Melanie4Melanie Posts: 85Registered Users
I messed up and used something with Dime*%#$#cone in it and now I don't know what to do....someone please help rescue me....

3b....:icescream:
not for sure about my other "stuff" :wav:
Still new and trying to get a routine

Comments

• botticelli_girl922botticelli_girl922 Posts: 896Registered Users
    Relax, girl! Silicones are easily washed out with shampoo. And it can be sulfate-free shampoo, also...it doesn't take only sulfates to remove silicones.

So, if you don't have a low-poo (sulfate free shampoo), I suggest purchasing one. Then give your hair a good wash, but make sure to moisturize a lot afterward.

Hope that helped!
    Curl Type: 2c-3a, Medium thickness, Normal Porosity
    Weekly Low-poo: TJ Pure Castile Soap
    Co-wash: V05 Strawberries and Cream
    Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm (Possibly HG!), GF Triple Nutrition
    Styling Products: CK, Re:coil, JCRR, JCCC, LALMHG, EcoStyler, SMU Spray Gel, Boots

Life has many choices. Eternity has two. What's yours?
  • 4Melanie4Melanie Posts: 85Registered Users
    Thank you!!! Could you recommend a shampoo....and what started this whole mess is my hair is getting dry...I normally co wash with V05 Herbal (the purple one) and then do the deep condition with Sally's GVP...but I feel like my hair is starting to get dry.

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Not botticelli_girl922 - but the same thing happened to me and I freaked out of the thought of having to use a sulfate shampoo - I detailed the outcome in my thread: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=93649

Giovanni 50:50 Balanced Hydrating-Calming Shampoo worked wonders for me and is ZERO Sulfate.
    *TIP* I found it $2 cheaper at Target then Wal-Mart. Let us know how it goes.
    So then my next question is...what about a deep conditioner??? I don't feel like I am getting the "slip" I want with the GVP

Thank you ladies for the advice by the way!!!

I’m still learning my way around using new products but I already got a good idea on what my (very thick) hair likes and dislikes. My hair adores Lustrasilk Shea & Mango as a deep conditioner and in the shower my hair loves conditioner only washes with a mix of GVP Conditioning Balm and a dab of Aura Cherry Almond Bark (found at Sally’s). GVP Conditioning Balm isn’t enough alone for me.

Maybe someone more experienced will chime in but this is what works for me and really it’s all a process of elimination on what works for you.
    I am going to try the Aura conditioner...and it is cone free?

Yes, its cone free and you can buy it at Sally's.
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    JMO, but I have never had any damage or long-term impact to my hair by using a product with a cone or several cones once. My hair returns to normal with the next CO wash, ACV rinse, lemon juice rinse, etc. Whatever is next in my rotation to do, it works itself out and is not a big problem. Just my experience there.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file