Outrageous fortune

OutsiderOutsider Registered Users Posts: 7
During the last one and a half years my 3a curls have completely straightened into lazy 1c, seldomly 2a ropes that I can at best (with an enormous trouble) style to resemble a violated bush.

Is this common among you guys? If yes, how do you survive? Can I at least have your sympathy?

Comments

• toodleycurl22toodleycurl22 Registered Users Posts: 53
    are u on the curly girl method? if not, do you know what it is?
    twisty curly, curly twisty
    gel-y, mouse-y, pomade-y, misty
    pretty ugly, ugly pretty
    they listen, they don't -
    oh what a pity
  • goobernutgoobernut Registered Users Posts: 2,317
    We're here for ya! Feel free to vent away and maybe we can find something to help you out :)

And I second Toodley's question. The CG method has really helped me out.
    Grand Goobah Caedran, Aqueous Infusion of Demulcents, Order of the Curly Crusaders

Fia 2cFi, fine texture, med porosity CG 5-29-09 * My hair loves protein! Currently using : DermOrganics Shampoo and IHM, G2B Kinkier Mousse, Re:Coil VMM, Anything Spiral Solutions! MO Sealing. Coconut Oil Pre-Poo, once a month Hard Water shampoo. Avoiding Glycerin in finishing products.
  • OutsiderOutsider Registered Users Posts: 7
    Oh, is it nice to get replies this quickly!

I have some basic idea about CG; however, I am not on it.

Somehow it has always seemed considerable that it would turn a thin hair with weak wave pattern somewhat over conditioned and oily, and with these arguments I have to this day drawn myself from even giving it a shot.

And gosh, goobernut, you look like a hair model! Maybe I should indeed try the CG, then...
  • OutsiderOutsider Registered Users Posts: 7
    What the heck, I'm starting today.
  • toodleycurl22toodleycurl22 Registered Users Posts: 53
    i second that: goobernut does look like a hair model ^.^
    and if cg does make ur hair overconditioned, you can do modified cg, which is shampooing with a non-sulfate shampoo.
    twisty curly, curly twisty
    gel-y, mouse-y, pomade-y, misty
    pretty ugly, ugly pretty
    they listen, they don't -
    oh what a pity
  • E2eE2e Registered Users Posts: 246
    i second that: goobernut does look like a hair model ^.^
    and if cg does make ur hair overconditioned, you can do modified cg, which is shampooing with a non-sulfate shampoo.

Goobernut is HAWT LOL! :lol:

Try CG its worked for me, altho i've only been on it for a week. :happy7:
    FIA:2b/cMiiF
    Hair :love7: protein

Bellydancer in the Order of the Curly Crusaders.
  • pedahehpedaheh Registered Users Posts: 4,812 Curl Neophyte
    My sister's hair is now 2 b or c. She had 3 a and b hair in HS and College. She loved it and misses it. Hair changing curl pattern throughout your life is sadly normal (usually caused by hormone changes). CG is unlikely to return a 1c hair to a 3a hair. However, it should make your hair curlier. It does for most people. It did for me.
    The good news is, you hair may spontaneously turn curly again some time in your life. Anything is possible.
    Sorry your hair has changed. You totally have my sympathy.
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
  • finaleofseemfinaleofseem Registered Users Posts: 900
    pedaheh wrote: »
    My sister's hair is now 2 b or c. She had 3 a and b hair in HS and College. She loved it and misses it. Hair changing curl pattern throughout your life is sadly normal (usually caused by hormone changes). CG is unlikely to return a 1c hair to a 3a hair. However, it should make your hair curlier. It does for most people. It did for me.
    The good news is, you hair may spontaneously turn curly again some time in your life. Anything is possible.
    Sorry your hair has changed. You totally have my sympathy.
    +1

My hair has picked up some curl, so it's totally worth a shot, I think. I also had worries about over-conditioning, but at least for now, I haven't had any issues. If I feel like I'm getting any build-up/overconditioning/scalp issues, I just do a low-poo.

Either way, you definitely have my sympathy for your changing curls. It's got to be frustrating.
    2b/cMii, medium-high porosity

Likes protein and most oils, HATES mineral oil
    Summer Routine
    Poo: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture
    Cowash CJ Daily Fix
    Rinse out: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture
    Leave In: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture, SSRPT
    Stylers: Ecostyler Krystal, LALSG (in really high dews)
    PT: SS Repairing Protein Treatment

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file