What are your techniques for pressing hair?

alsaxonalsaxon Posts: 734Registered Users
I don't press my hair that often - probably only once or twice a year if that. I use a ceramic flat iron to do the job. For those who press, what are your techniques? Does anyone roller set under a dryer first and then finish with a flat iron - does this add more body and keep you from having to add too much heat with the flat iron?

Also, has anyone ever damaged their hair by pressing? I don't mean burning it necessarily. I hear stories of people pressing and then their curls or kinks don't come back. Has anyone figured out how to avoid that trauma or is it just a risk you take?
Album: http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q165/alsaxon/Hair/

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen." --- Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

Comments

• ConcernedCoilsConcernedCoils Posts: 106Registered Users
    I'm not flatironing right now, but when I do/did I would usually deep condition and use avocado+aloe-vera as a leave-in and then air dry and then flat-iron. If I can't use my sister's jilbere (ceramic coated0 1-inch
    I just use my old tiny-barrel curling wand and the results are still o.k., but I like the iron better as the coating is more protective.
    products:
    co-washing with any Aubrey Organics product
    Olive Oil +/under leave-in for super soft hair!
    Whipped Karite/Shea or Avocado butter leave-in
    Also lots of water, pilates and meditation
  • alsaxonalsaxon Posts: 734Registered Users
    I agree about the Jibere. I have the Jibere titanium, it is awesome!!!!
    Album: http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q165/alsaxon/Hair/

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen." --- Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file