CurlTalk

Bee Mine product reviews

I know that there is a thread here somewhere, but I couldn't find it. Has anyone tried the shampoo? conditioner? hair milk? hair moisturizer?

Thinking about getting samples and the oil free growth serum.

Comments

• lashon20lashon20 Posts: 1,150Registered Users
    I wanna know also especially about the curly butter.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fmynaturalhairjourney.shutterfly.com%2F" class="Popup

Shampoos: Ion Hard Water Shampoo
    Conditioners: Curl Junkie
    Stylers: As I Am Smoothing Gel, Jane Carter Incredible Curls, Camille Rose Almond Jai Twisting Butter, Hairveda Whipped Gelly
    Moisturizers: Camille Rose Moisture Milk, Camille Rose Fresh Curl
    Leave-Ins: KBB Sweet Ambrosia
    Pomades: Hairveda Almond Glaze
  • dariequeendariequeen Posts: 83Registered Users
    I've never tried those products, but I read a review a few days ago on the shampoo, conditioner and curly butter...
    Here's the link if you wanna check it out:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fnaturallyobsessed.onsugar.com%2F6565004" class="Popup
    Hair type: 4a/b, low porosity, coarse, medium density
    Products: Terressentials Mud Wash, DB Peach Kernal Hair Milk, Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner, Coconut Oil
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    dariequeen wrote: »
    I've never tried those products, but I read a review a few days ago on the shampoo, conditioner and curly butter...
    Here's the link if you wanna check it out:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fnaturallyobsessed.onsugar.com%2F6565004" class="Popup
    thanks for the link!
  • CoilsKinksCurlsCoilsKinksCurls Posts: 418Registered Users
    I have a couple vids up on the Bee Mine products. I love everything accept the conditioner. It has to much protein in it for my hair and my hair hates avocado so that conditioner is a no go but the milk, curly butter and moisturizer are awesome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Check Out my YouTube Channel:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2FCoilsKinksCurls" class="Popup

Hair Type: 4a

It's not bad being a product junkie, when it benefits someone else!
    Don't like it, just keep walkin!!
    :walk:
  • TmochavaTmochava Posts: 40Registered Users
    I bought the moisturizer, curly butter, and the moisturizing spritz. I haven't tried the curly butter yet but I like the moisturizer and the moisturizing spritz. The only drawback to the spritz is the smell, it doesn't smell the greatest.
    thanks everyone. I've decided against trying her stuff because her shipping is too much. I get really pissed off when you can send priority mail flat rate for 4.95 and you charge 11.95! That's BS. I'm going to start complaining to companies about their high shipping rates. Maybe if we all start voicing our displeasure, they will get the message and lower their rates.
  • lashon20lashon20 Posts: 1,150Registered Users
    thanks everyone. I've decided against trying her stuff because her shipping is too much. I get really pissed off when you can send priority mail flat rate for 4.95 and you charge 11.95! That's BS. I'm going to start complaining to companies about their high shipping rates. Maybe if we all start voicing our displeasure, they will get the message and lower their rates.

I agree with this, they jack up the shipping prices so they can make extra money. I especailly notice this with companies that sell their products at a cheaper price. Like with Afroveda, my stuff could've been sent in a flat rate box for $10.95 but instead I get charged almost $16 for shipping.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fmynaturalhairjourney.shutterfly.com%2F" class="Popup

Shampoos: Ion Hard Water Shampoo
    Conditioners: Curl Junkie
    Stylers: As I Am Smoothing Gel, Jane Carter Incredible Curls, Camille Rose Almond Jai Twisting Butter, Hairveda Whipped Gelly
    Moisturizers: Camille Rose Moisture Milk, Camille Rose Fresh Curl
    Leave-Ins: KBB Sweet Ambrosia
    Pomades: Hairveda Almond Glaze
  • MixedUpCurlyChickMixedUpCurlyChick Posts: 2,568Registered Users
    Dammit another ntaural line to try!!! Good thing they're not on the ground! I agree LTS- high shipping in unacceptable. I will turn a product down b/c of that BS. There was a time when I really wanted to try Komaza but the shipping was too high. After I researched the ingredients, I decided against them anyway. But that really bothered me.

How did u originally find out about Bee Mine?
    comic-p.jpg
    Dammit another ntaural line to try!!! Good thing they're not on the ground! I agree LTS- high shipping in unacceptable. I will turn a product down b/c of that BS. There was a time when I really wanted to try Komaza but the shipping was too high. After I researched the ingredients, I decided against them anyway. But that really bothered me.

youtube video reviews. And I am now allergic to Afroveda shikakai oil so I was looking for a non-oil hair growth serum. I may still try that but not her other stuff. Besides I realized that her conditioner does not have my favorite ingredient, BMTS. without that my hair does not detangle.
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users

Do you mean the small flat rate box? That box is tiny! Most hair products won't fit in that box, but she could use the medium flat rate box.
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • MixedUpCurlyChickMixedUpCurlyChick Posts: 2,568Registered Users

youtube video reviews. And I am now allergic to Afroveda shikakai oil so I was looking for a non-oil hair growth serum. I may still try that but not her other stuff. Besides I realized that her conditioner does not have my favorite ingredient, BMTS. without that my hair does not detangle.

Oh ok...interesting. I had great results with Darcy's detangling milk and it has BTMS.
    comic-p.jpg
    The medium flat rate starts around $11-$12 so she would still be paying around the same amount for her shipping. You could contact her and ask if she could ship by Parcel instead of priority. It will save you some money on shipping but take a little longer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2FCoilsKinksCurls" class="Popup

The medium flat rate starts around $11-$12 so she would still be paying around the same amount for her shipping. You could contact her and ask if she could ship by Parcel instead of priority. It will save you some money on shipping but take a little longer.

How is her oil free serum working for you? Does your head stil itch when you use it? That concerns me. Did you try the spritz yet?
  • EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users

Yea, I felt the same way about shipping rates; I thought they were all way too high and I was getting ripped off. However, my mom ships me stuff a lot, and every time she does I have to hear about how Priority Mail rates for boxes now start at like, $9-10. If you live further away from the shipper it's also going to be more, and most of my products end up being shipped across the country.
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • HennaRoHennaRo Posts: 520Registered Users
    ellepixie wrote: »

Yea, I felt the same way about shipping rates; I thought they were all way too high and I was getting ripped off. However, my mom ships me stuff a lot, and every time she does I have to hear about how Priority Mail rates for boxes now start at like, $9-10. If you live further away from the shipper it's also going to be more, and most of my products end up being shipped across the country.

Well the owner lives in the county next to me and every order that I have done(5 now) has cost me 5.50-6.50 depending on how much I buy. Qhemet lives in the same county and if I wanted that shipped it was the same price.

But either way maybe ask if there's other options.....she's obviously willing to do what she can for her customers.
    Last relaxer: January 08

BC: December 08

First and only time going natural:wav:
    Holy Grails:love10:
    *Terressential Pure Earth Hair Wash*Curl Junkie Deep Fix* Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion* Tresemme Naturals(Moisture)* Vo5 Kiwi Lime Clarifying Poo/Elucence Moisture Balancing Poo* Komaza Care Jojoba Hemp* Oyin Burnt Sugar:love10:

FOTKI!

Follow me on Twitter! muffinator22
    I went ahead and ordered the oil free serum. the shipping was 4.95 plus I used the discount code. so all in all a good deal. I'll give a review when I use it.
  • AlexjoujouAlexjoujou Posts: 2,364Registered Users
    I went ahead and ordered the oil free serum. the shipping was 4.95 plus I used the discount code. so all in all a good deal. I'll give a review when I use it.

Where the oil free serum on the website?

I agree about shipping. I have $38 in my shopping cart at Komaza. By the time they add tax (I'm in CA) and shipping it was going to be $54. Umm. No. 50% of my product price in shipping and tax? It was like $12 for shipping...you can ship priority to me for $6 tops (no flat rate needed). Instate rates are cheap. I just shipped 3 lbs to someone by L.A. and it was $5.81 total. So that $12? YES if it's going cross country in a flat rate..otherwise if you use paypal shipping its cheaper. If you go to the post office its way expensive.
    FIA 2c/3aFi

Done experimenting! Loving Spiral Solutions products!

Blog: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fthewavytales.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup
    It itches for like the first 5 minutes then it stops. Remmber that I have a scalp condiiton so that could very well just be how my scalp is reacting ot it. I like the serum though!

How is her oil free serum working for you? Does your head stil itch when you use it? That concerns me. Did you try the spritz yet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• EssenceEssence Posts: 300Registered Users
    She has 2 new shampoo bars out and a Valentines Day sale that runs till the 14th! I bought the oil free serum and the new poo bars. :D
  • clbussieclbussie Posts: 115Registered Users
    Essence wrote: »
    She has 2 new shampoo bars out and a Valentines Day sale that runs till the 14th! I bought the oil free serum and the new poo bars. :D

Has anyone else noticed that all her shampoos have either sodium hydroxide or potassium hydroxide in it? Why would that be in a natural hair care product? These are the main ingredients in relaxers, right?
    First Big Chop 5/27/09
    2nd Big Chop 9/11/2009
    Texture: 4a/4b
    My Blog: www.naturallyfab.wordpress.com
    Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/cbussie
  • NinjaretteNinjarette Posts: 3,982Registered Users
    clbussie wrote: »
    Essence wrote: »

Has anyone else noticed that all her shampoos have either sodium hydroxide or potassium hydroxide in it? Why would that be in a natural hair care product? These are the main ingredients in relaxers, right?

Her shampoo bar is made with sodium hydroxide, as is all real soap. There's nothing "unnatural" about it. Sodium hydroxide (lye) is necesarry to "saponify" the oils...turn them into soap. Once saponification is complete, there is no actual "lye" in the soap.

Potassium hydroxide is used to make liquid soap, which is her shampoo. Same concept.
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:
    Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture
  • KitathenaKitathena Posts: 1,666Registered Users
    I'll be reviewing these soon. I've already tried some and so far I love it.
    00f0fe4a-6e80-4412-94d4-a8bc465cb7ae_zps1be28d8c.jpg?t=1377261778
    My blogs: NewlyNatural.com
    My fotki pw:hair
  • cheveuxboucléscheveuxbouclés Posts: 1,111Registered Users
    I really want to try the serum, winter has not been kind to my scalp at all. My scalp doesn't seem to absorb oil at all and I need an alternative. I've only read one review on it though...and wanna hold out until more folks co-sign on it.
  • EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users
    I want the butter, but it has glycerin... I wonder if I can figure out how to use another product to alleviate my issues with it...off to Google.
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    Just so you know, her conditioner is an EW base to which she added avocado oil. FYI
  • mikosbellemikosbelle Posts: 363Registered Users
    Just so you know, her conditioner is an EW base to which she added avocado oil. FYI

What is an EW base?

Please someone explain, is this the same thing that Amourai Organique was doing as well?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]4A hair type, looking for healthy hair suggestions and improved styling techniques

my hair pics:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmikosbelle%2F" class="Popup
    no pw needed

Currently experimeting with: MOP TOP :smurf:

My staple product lines are Qhemet, Afroveda, Kinky-Curly, Oyin, and Curl Junkie :D

Favorite combo: Afroveda pur whipped gelly + Kinky-Curly Curling Custard:angel8:
    mikosbelle wrote: »

What is an EW base?

Please someone explain, is this the same thing that Amourai Organique was doing as well?
    EW=essential wholesale /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.essentialwholesale.com%2Fproduct_p%2F066.htm" class="Popup

Bulk ingedients
    Aloe barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Juice, Lavendula angustifolia (Organic Lavender) Distillate, Anthemis nobilis (Organic Roman Chamomile) Distillate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ricinus communis (Castor Seed) Oil, Stearalkonium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrolized Wheat, d-Calcium Pantothenate (Panthenol Vitamin B5), Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Rosa mosqueta (Rosehip) Seed Oil, Salix nigra (Organic Black Willow Bark) Extract

Beemine ingredients
    Aloe barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Juice, Lavendula angustifolia (Organic Lavender) Distillate, Anthemis nobilis (Organic Roman Chamomile) Distillate, Cetearyl Alcohol(vegetable-based emulsifier), Ricinus communis (Castor Seed) Oil, Avocado Butter, Avocado Oil, Stearalkonium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, d-Calcium Pantothenate (Panthenol Vitamin B5), Panthenol (Vitamin B Complex), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Rosa mosqueta (Rosehip) Seed Oil, Salix nigra (Organic Black Willow Bark) Extract, Fragrance
  • HennaRoHennaRo Posts: 520Registered Users
    Thanks for posting that link. I have wanted to try that conditioner forever now, but I see I can re-create it myself and save some money.
    Last relaxer: January 08

BC: December 08

First and only time going natural:wav:
    Holy Grails:love10:
    *Terressential Pure Earth Hair Wash*Curl Junkie Deep Fix* Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion* Tresemme Naturals(Moisture)* Vo5 Kiwi Lime Clarifying Poo/Elucence Moisture Balancing Poo* Komaza Care Jojoba Hemp* Oyin Burnt Sugar:love10:

FOTKI!

Follow me on Twitter! muffinator22
  • empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users

thaaaanks girl! now, does anyone know the difference btwn the hair and scalp moisturizer and the luscious one??
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
  • mozekemozeke Posts: 480Registered Users

I've actually noticed a few companies that do this but I didn't want to say anything. I figured ppl would be upset and what the heck ain't hurting nobody if it's working for you. Kinda misleading though.
    Last relaxer: 12/10/07
    BC date: 5/2/08
    It's your hair...do what you wanna do