CurlTalk

Sleeping with wet hair, is it bad?

I wonder how bad is it to sleep on wet hair?

I came out of the shower 3 hours ago and it is still kind of wet, but I am tired and want to go to bed, but will I somehow damage my hair?

Comments

  • coscasscoscass Posts: 90Registered Users
    I'd say yes. Your hair is most fragile when it's wet. If you go to bed with wet hair, tossing and turning could damage it. Braid it, if you absolutely MUST go to bed with wet hair, or put it in a bun.

    I sleep with wet hair only if its DAMP and I braid it, and put a silk cap on.
  • MVP_MVP_ Posts: 213Registered Users
    coscass wrote: »
    I'd say yes. Your hair is most fragile when it's wet. If you go to bed with wet hair, tossing and turning could damage it. Braid it, if you absolutely MUST go to bed with wet hair, or put it in a bun.

    I sleep with wet hair only if its DAMP and I braid it, and put a silk cap on.

    What does braid mean (I am Dutch)?
  • coscasscoscass Posts: 90Registered Users
    MVP_ wrote: »
    coscass wrote: »
    I'd say yes. Your hair is most fragile when it's wet. If you go to bed with wet hair, tossing and turning could damage it. Braid it, if you absolutely MUST go to bed with wet hair, or put it in a bun.

    I sleep with wet hair only if its DAMP and I braid it, and put a silk cap on.

    What does braid mean (I am Dutch)?
    Braid="haarvlecht." You get it?
  • MVP_MVP_ Posts: 213Registered Users
    coscass wrote: »
    MVP_ wrote: »
    coscass wrote: »
    I'd say yes. Your hair is most fragile when it's wet. If you go to bed with wet hair, tossing and turning could damage it. Braid it, if you absolutely MUST go to bed with wet hair, or put it in a bun.

    I sleep with wet hair only if its DAMP and I braid it, and put a silk cap on.

    What does braid mean (I am Dutch)?
    Braid="haarvlecht." You get it?

    Ah yes! Thanks, but my hair is far too short:

    2ac76433.jpg

    I can't braid that :p
  • coscasscoscass Posts: 90Registered Users
    MVP_ wrote: »
    coscass wrote: »
    MVP_ wrote: »

    What does braid mean (I am Dutch)?
    Braid="haarvlecht." You get it?

    Ah yes! Thanks, but my hair is far too short:

    2ac76433.jpg

    I can't braid that :P
    Oh, sorry! lol! I didn't realise you were a guy. Sorry! Anyway, umm, you could lightly blow dry it to dry it, or you could just sleep on it wet. I guess you would have less damage from sleeping on it since it is shorter. You could also do what I did:I took a pair of silk pajamas and cut the legs off, sew them together, and make myself a sleeping cap.
  • MVP_MVP_ Posts: 213Registered Users
    Thanks! I will try the pajama thing out! :)

    I don't like to blow dry my hair, so I guess I will wait 20 more minutes before I drop dead! ;)

    Its about 80% dry now anyway!
  • zcurlygirlzcurlygirl Posts: 217Registered Users
    I sleep with wet hair whenever I wash it. I pineapple it, so I think that minimizes the damage.
    2c/3a/3b
    Co-Wash: TJ's Nourish
    Conditioner: 1/2 TJ's Nourish, 1/2 AO Honeysuckle Rose
    Leave-in: GDLI, CJ Curl Assurance
    Love: Pineappling, FSG and this website!
    CG Since Sept. 5th, 2009!!!:thumbup:

    With the help of StruttsWife's E-book:
    Normal Porosity, Fine Texture (who would've thunk!), normal elasticity, and medium density.

    PM me if you have suggestions for my hair (i.e. product, etc.), help would be very much appreciated!
  • empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    I've slept on my stomach with my microfiber towel wrapped lightly around my hair....extreme but it worked!
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]