CurlTalk

Do you have something hanging from your rear view mirror?

medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
If so, what?

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    Yes, a dream catcher. I've always had one in my car for when my kids were little and would fall asleep in the car. They slept easier thinking there was a catcher there to keep out any bad dreams. They're older now and rarely nap in the car, but it's become a family joke, so I keep it up there.
  • SigiSigi Posts: 2,379Registered Users
    No, I don't have anything hanging from my rear view mirror. I think it would bother me.
  • janeylizjaneyliz Posts: 777Registered Users
    Two pink fairies.
    Marchioness Chinoise in the land of Mancunia Productia Junkia in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

DT: AOHR
    Wash: Anita Grant babassu bar
    Leave-in: Body Shop cotton seed curl boost with manuka honey mixed in
    Gel: Umberto Giannini Curl Friends scrunching gel
    Odds & ends Lime juice, honey, Anita Grant cafe latte
    I brush with a Tangle Teezer & love Flexi-8's
    www.public.fotki.com/janeyliz
    www.thelilyfoundation.org.uk
  • ~Ghost Poster~~Ghost Poster~ Posts: 2,264Registered Users
    Yes, a string of clear and cobalt blue Swarovski crystal beads
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]d575b15bb0aa40deb59950570e3268e7.gif
    Baby fine, honey & caramel hilites, 4a/3c now 2b w/DIY BKT & LOVIN' it.
    Cowash-V05 Extra Body
    L'oreal EP Moisture-Rinse-out
    JFLVM
    BRHG mix w/
    KCCC/KCKT (winter)
    Clean-smelling-hair freak washes EOD; dry w/bowl diffuser
    Cassia+henna+grays=Gold-red hilites :love1:
    ~That you don't share my experiences/opinions doesn't invalidate them :wink:
    I wondered if it tasted like a hot dog. ~Phoenix
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users

I have a Swarovski heart pendant hanging from mine. So sparkly. :) My mother-in-law tells me that in VA, you aren't allowed to hang stuff from your rear view mirror. Or maybe she just meant sparkly things, like crystals.
  • LikeAustraliaLikeAustralia Posts: 2,812Registered Users
    It's not really hanging, more like sitting on top, so I'm not sure if it counts. I have a little tiny stuffed tiger. Every vehicle needs a mascot. :)
    Not Cindy or Sindy or Syndey or any other such abomination.
    It's Sydney, like Australia.
    Formerly known as SydneyCurl.

• irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users
    I have a little angel on a cloud. It was one of the last ornaments my nana gave me for Christmas. I call her my Nana Angel.

Also a necklace that says 'Bailey'.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • roseannadanaroseannadana Posts: 5,632Registered Users
    I have a ribbon with some of my favorite political and humorous buttons pinned on it.

I was born to be a pessimist. My blood type is B Negative.
  • YolyCYolyC Posts: 3,758Registered Users
    medussa wrote: »

I have a Swarovski heart pendant hanging from mine. So sparkly. :) My mother-in-law tells me that in VA, you aren't allowed to hang stuff from your rear view mirror. Or maybe she just meant sparkly things, like crystals.

I have a Swarovski tear drop pendant on mine.
    We have that law in Illinois. It's rarely used. Not too long ago there was an article in the paper about it.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Farchives.chicagotribune.com%2F2009%2Fnov%2F08%2Flocal%2Fchi-air-freshener-crackdownnov08" class="Popup

With Illinois being a broke ass state, I'm surprised they haven't used this as a revenue booster.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything."
    Malcolm X
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    Yes, a dream catcher. I've always had one in my car for when my kids were little and would fall asleep in the car. They slept easier thinking there was a catcher there to keep out any bad dreams. They're older now and rarely nap in the car, but it's become a family joke, so I keep it up there.
    My daughter has one over her bed, but it doesn't seem to help.

I have a smaller mirror under the rear view, to see children in the back seats.
    Minneapolis, MN
  • Rebecca deWinterRebecca deWinter Posts: 2,254Registered Users
    in my old car, i had some tiny dried flowers i picked in freda, mi.

in the car i have now, i have nothing. maybe i should find some new flowers...
    *~*displaced yooper*~*
    :hockey: \m/ \m/
    3069786076_f03f452f63.jpg?v=0
    master quigley and queen ruby, my puppy loves <3
  • WiregirlWiregirl Posts: 1,695Registered Users
    Lots of crystal beads, with a goddess mother charm, and the goddess of life charm..
  • tinicurlydtinicurlyd Posts: 1,053Registered Users
    I have a heart hanging from my rear view that has a few lil bells hanging down from it. I also attached a four leaf clover charm that was a charm from my old cell.. figure cant hurt to have a lil luck right when driving. The lil bells jingles a lil when i drive over lil bumps. This is my 4th car so the heart has been in all of them.
    Modified CG-Use Low Poo
    Use Suaves & VO5 Condish For CG-Honey+ Condish=My curls are loving it!
    *Suave gels ( love crunchy gels )*My HGs-Re:coil, Jessicurls , Boots , Loreal Spiral Curl Mousse, Tigi Amp*

*~Show Your True Beauty Cuz Curls Rock!~*
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users
    A stupid "new car scent" tree. After reading these posts.. now I want something better. Years ago my husband had these crystal balls in his car hanging from his rear view mirror when I met him.. I sure wish I knew where to find those again. I loved them.
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • MichelleBFTMichelleBFT Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    No. It's a hazard. And I find it really annoying.
    "And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
    Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
    Stolen.
  • Stephanie198907Stephanie198907 Posts: 2,607Registered Users

ditto
    Last Relaxer: Nov. 07
    BC: May. 2010 (30 months)
    Hair Type: thick 4b/4a
    Current length: back at APL
    Goal length: hip :color:
    Staples: natural growth aides
    medussa wrote: »

I'm a sucker for sparkly, shiny objects! It actually is against the law in some states to hang anything from the rear-view mirror--sparkly or not!
    Cowash-V05 Extra Body
    JFLVM
    BRHG mix w/
    KCCC/KCKT (winter)
    A stupid "new car scent" tree. After reading these posts.. now I want something better. Years ago my husband had these crystal balls in his car hanging from his rear view mirror when I met him.. I sure wish I knew where to find those again. I loved them.

Ahh, but nothing beats "new car scent!" But, if you want some sparkly crystal balls...Google them! I've had my string of beads for years, and I made it myself so I could get the colors I wanted.
    Cowash-V05 Extra Body
    JFLVM
    BRHG mix w/
    KCCC/KCKT (winter)
  • StarrwithoutniteStarrwithoutnite Posts: 1,732Registered Users
    I have a mini Colts helmet and a batman McDonalds toy :)
    "Someday love will find you...break those chains that bind you!!"

XIJ2VeH.jpgXIJ2m8.png

• mandatoryfunmandatoryfun Posts: 878Registered Users
    I used to have my tassel from my high school graduation hanging from the rearview, but I took it down after my friend got pulled over for the same. Now I just have one of those little paper flowers - you know, the little red ones sold by veterans? - tied around the base. That's too small for the cops to notice.
    CG since 07/26/09
  • SarcasmIsBeautySarcasmIsBeauty Posts: 5,640Registered Users

ditto

I third this sentiment
    Turtles: omg please don't put that in your moo moo

Nej: too late... moo moo has been infiltrated.
  • wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users

ditto

This might be true for me, if I had ever given this idea any serious thought. Which I haven't.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users

ditto

I third this sentiment

Do you find it annoying on Other-People's-Cars? Or only your own?

I think the people who hang sparkly crystal things from their mirrors might be hazardous to other people. I've gotten hit in the eye from a stray crystal reflection occasionally.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users
    Years ago, but not currently...can you believe it?
    I know, I know...

:D
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
    My parking permit.
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,238Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    janeyliz wrote: »
    Two pink fairies.

I hope you leave the window cracked for them in the summer heat. : )

You aren't allowed to have anything hanging from your rearview mirror in PA (and I was pulled over for doing so many years ago). But I have always had something hanging from my mirror. Right now there is a silver chain about 6" long with shiny red and clear glass beads and a red glass heart at the bottom. My mom gave it to me and it's supposed to be lucky.
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    We get 360 days a year with sunshine, so I find other people's sparkly danglies highly annoying and hazardous. I feel unsafe riding with anyone who has something large dangling, because it's blocking their view where they're supposed to be able to see.

Small things don't bother me. I have a llama-hair llama which extends about a half inch below the bottom of the mirror on the back side of it (in my car). I was voted "most likely to breed llamas" in my high school year book, so a friend gave it to me as a joke. Nothing in my truck.

(FYI: My friend who works at Ford claims "new car scent" is actually glue!)
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users

Ahh, but nothing beats "new car scent!" But, if you want some sparkly crystal balls...Google them! I've had my string of beads for years, and I made it myself so I could get the colors I wanted.

Yeah.. I do love that scent..love the car smelling fresh while driving! And thanks for the tip on the crystal balls. I make crafts myself.. I never even thought to make something for the rear view mirror..DUH!
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    beads of the flag of puerto rican from when i went to the parade YEAAARS ago. they're so faded but i left them there so i could tell my car from afar :P
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
  • SarcasmIsBeautySarcasmIsBeauty Posts: 5,640Registered Users

ditto

I third this sentiment

Do you find it annoying on Other-People's-Cars? Or only your own?

I think the people who hang sparkly crystal things from their mirrors might be hazardous to other people. I've gotten hit in the eye from a stray crystal reflection occasionally.

Certainly on my own, sometimes on someone else's car depending on what they have there. Sparkly crystal things would definitely annoy me.
    Turtles: omg please don't put that in your moo moo

Nej: too late... moo moo has been infiltrated.