Looking for advice

lady_boom_boomlady_boom_boom Posts: 1Registered Users
I want to show you my hair. Maybe you could tell me what to do with them, I want them to stop frizzing, I'd like to learn how to style and moisture my curls.

What more, I think they need to be cut, but I can't find any idea, nor a reliable hairdresser.
Help!:icon_smile:

Comments

• KurleeEdnaKurleeEdna Posts: 714Registered Users
    You seem to have very nice curls (looks like 3B). I don't know how much you've read in this website so far, but I think the best way to start is by reading the articles and posts. There's a lot of information regarding different products and routines, so you might just have to experiment until you find what works for you. (Check out the Product Reviews section for more posts.)

Most will agree that you should try eliminating sulfate shampoos, conditioners with silicones and, in case you ever use it, the flat iron. (Have you ready Curly Girl by Lorraine Massey? That's almost like a bible around here.)

Me personally... my hair is a combo of 3C-4A and tends to prefer conditioners and leave-ins with oils such as jojoba, olive and coconut, and also shea butter. I've been able to eliminate a lot of frizz this way, even in the humid summer. Your hair might like small amounts of these.

I don't know where you're located, but sometimes it is hard to find the right stylist. You can check the Salon Review tab above to see if there might be one in your area. Also, if you see someone who has hair similar to yours, don't be shy about asking where she got her hair done. Most people will actually be flattered by this!

Don't be afraid to play with your hair! I hope this helps with your quest for beautiful, healthy curls. Please keep us posted as to what you're doing and how it's going.:glasses9:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.' "
    - Charlie Brown
    HEY!!! Follow me at http://www.twitter.com/kurleeedna
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I want to show you my hair. Maybe you could tell me what to do with them, I want them to stop frizzing, I'd like to learn how to style and moisture my curls.

What more, I think they need to be cut, but I can't find any idea, nor a reliable hairdresser.
    Help!:icon_smile:

Maybe go what's called Curly Girl ? Here's a link:
    http://dormroomcurly.blogspot.com/2008/12/style-definitions-table.html

The method helps a lot of curlies combat frizz and maintain a good moisture level.

Another good website is this one that has pretty decent info about curly hair:
    http://www.livecurlylivefree.com/home.htm

I am a CG'er myself and I love it!
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • Curly_JammyCurly_Jammy Posts: 626Registered Users
    I can add one suggestion,Your hair texture( fine, medium, coarse),Porosity & Density, are going to determine your hair needs more so then you curl patteren, so do some research to figure out were your hair stands in these areas. Because it will help you figure out want products are best for you and which are a wates of money.

For example I have 3c medium/fine, thin hair, but it has a high porosity; which makes my hair need heavier products, stuff usually used by a lot of 4a curlies for moisture. But at the same time my 3c med/fine texture has no problem with curl definetion so I dont need to look for curl creams.

Few companies people really like on the boards of

Kinky Curly
    Darcy Bontanicals
    karens body beautiful
    3c, fine, porous,MBL
    Pre: EVCO Poo: GTTT DC:AO GPB, TJ Nourish Spa+EVOO
    LI: Cantu Shea butter LI, YesToCarrots,(AVJ+H2O) Spritz
    Style: AVG, Eco Seal: Qp Mango & Olive oil, Shea AloeMix

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights