New on here...my products and routine

CurlyCloCurlyClo Registered Users Posts: 31
Hi, just posted on the introductions section of the whole site, but thought I'd introduce myself on here as well. BTW, I'm in the UK.

I'm a teenage wavie, getting gradually curlier.

I'm not CG at the minute, I tried it (for two days :oops:) but I think the conditioner I was using was quite oily. If I manage to go shopping next week I will look at others.

I brush my hair dry before going in the shower (because I shed so much I've blocked the plug so many times we have water leaking through the celing :laughing6:). At the moment, I wash with a Tresemme moisture shampoo (containing cone and sulphates), and condition with Garnier Repair and Shine (which is CG). I use a little bit of the Garnier as a leave in, scrunch with a t-shirt. Then I use my fingers to scrunch in some of the Boots Curl Creme, before plopping in the t-shirt for at least 4 hours. Then I scrunch in a small amount of Umberto Giannini curl friends jelly, before hair drying. Unfortunately I tend to mess about with my hair whilst its air drying, causing frizz...but I can't help myself :oops::angryfire:

If I need to do a DT - which isn't often - I use a Boots Lemon & Cammomile one. I think its CG. When I'm abroad, I ALWAYS use a DT every wash, and my hair lightens dramaticaly in the sun, which drys it out. I have made a mayonnaise-oil hair mask before, but to be honest I didn't find it worth to bother of making it...and the one I use is cheap anyway.

And I've recently got a diffuser so will be altering my routine to use that.

So hi! x

Comments

• wavy wonderwavy wonder Registered Users Posts: 3,061 Curl Neophyte
    Welcome!
    the firs thing i noticed about your routine is you use cones but you don't use sulfates. I think i read it correct. That is a HUGE no-no. If you are using cones, at least the ones found in Treseme, you need sulfates to get them out. SO... you either need to cut the cones out or add a sulfate wash, otherwise you will most definitely get build-up.
  • AlexjoujouAlexjoujou Registered Users Posts: 2,364
    See if you can find a non sulfate shampoo without cones. If you don't have a conditioner that works good for cowashing then just low poo til you find one.

The GF that you mention I think is the Triple Nutrition here in the states and many like it.

Other than that touching your hair sounds like it will cause frizz. You'll just have to keep your hands out of your hair..yes we know its hard :toothy3: Try cutting down on plopping time and I would suggest a diffuser but you'll have to be careful of frizz.

Also try leaving in more leave in. For my daughter that cut the frizz out markedly.

Welcome to the 2's board!:santa:
    FIA 2c/3aFi

Done experimenting! Loving Spiral Solutions products!

Blog: http://thewavytales.blogspot.com/
  • CurlyCloCurlyClo Registered Users Posts: 31
    Don't think I made it clear (was typing in a rush - sorry) - the shampoo does contain several sulphates, as well as cones. I'm pretty sure that's the only product in my regular regime that has cones.

The t-shirt I use for plopping doesn't absorb much water, which is why I leave it on for longer; since I've been plopping for this long the frizz has got better because I'm not touching it. I haven't used my diffuser yet, only got it for christmas :santa:.

I'm going shopping for a cone-free sulphate shampoo this week...and a co-wash (so no cones, polyquats or sulphates - is that right??).

Thanks for the tips!! Will definitely be gradually increasing the leave in to try and reduce frizz...I love the smell of it so would be glad to use more of it!!
  • AlexjoujouAlexjoujou Registered Users Posts: 2,364
    CurlyClo wrote: »
    Don't think I made it clear (was typing in a rush - sorry) - the shampoo does contain several sulphates, as well as cones. I'm pretty sure that's the only product in my regular regime that has cones.

The t-shirt I use for plopping doesn't absorb much water, which is why I leave it on for longer; since I've been plopping for this long the frizz has got better because I'm not touching it. I haven't used my diffuser yet, only got it for christmas :santa:.

I'm going shopping for a cone-free sulphate shampoo this week...and a co-wash (so no cones, polyquats or sulphates - is that right??).

Thanks for the tips!! Will definitely be gradually increasing the leave in to try and reduce frizz...I love the smell of it so would be glad to use more of it!!

No cones or sulfates...polyquat's are fine but you'll just need to watch to be sure they don't build up.

Let us know how diffusing goes with more leave in (since diffusing can be drying I recommend more leave in before diffusing!)

I think you should be able to find a no sulfate/no cone poo and I'd switch to that. For me the sulphates were a big part of hair damage since they were so stripping for my hair. Cones just make my hair flat but I don't get tons of build up..the sulphates were the things really making a difference!
    FIA 2c/3aFi

Done experimenting! Loving Spiral Solutions products!

Blog: http://thewavytales.blogspot.com/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file