Wedding Hair -- Pittsburgh

MagpieMagpie Posts: 39Registered Users
I'm getting married in May in Pittsburgh, and I'm starting to think about where I want to get my hair done. I went to Eddy at Salon Cercone for a cut about 3 years ago (when I lived in Pittsburgh), and I'm thinking about going there. However, just because someone is good at cutting hair doesn't mean they are good at styling hair! I'm planning to do a half updo, but if it is raining the day of, I'll probably go with a full updo (don't want to have to worry about my hair frizzing!). I welcome any suggestions people have for good salons! Thanks!

Comments

• redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I go to Eddy, and I've had updos from him as well that I have loved. He does seem to do a good amount of wedding hair.

I have also had an updo here from Michael there, and he was good, and Joel is also good with updos.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • MagpieMagpie Posts: 39Registered Users
    Oh good! Thanks so much for that info. I feel much better making an appt knowing that someone else has had a good updo experience there!
  • PreciousHoneyPreciousHoney Posts: 254Registered Users
    I would go a few weeks before and have it styled the way I plan to have it styled on the big day to make sure I like it and it looks good with your hair accesories(veil, flower whatever). You can see how it will hold up that day too. Yeah you have to pay extra but for me it would be worth it if it were my big day.

And congrats! :tongue:
    Precious Honey :)
    3c with some 3b at the bottom.
    Im lovin HENNA
    Light protein use

Co-wash: Suave Daily Clarifying Co
    Rinse-out: Back to Basics Pom Peach (old bottle) or GVP Conditioning Balm
    DT: GVP Condidtioning Balm with heat
    Leave in: Elucence MBC
    Gel: HEBE or Aussie Instant Freeze gel.
    Shampoo: Elucence Moisture Balance
    http://public.fotki.com/Precioushoney/
  • ltlangeliltlangeli Posts: 32Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I just went to Eddy last week. He has styled for many weddings and other events that I have been invited to. I honestly would not go anywhere else with curly hair in Pittsburgh. He is on Ellsworth now, not sure if you knew they moved. It's been awhile.
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Oh, here's an updo Eddy did. I wanted an updo with my natural curl.

50lfrk.jpg

And another where I wanted big fat curls/waves. The hair had to be straightened and then re-curled.

Front

j5v63d.jpg

and back.

2gv78ew.jpg
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • MagpieMagpie Posts: 39Registered Users
    I would go a few weeks before and have it styled the way I plan to have it styled on the big day to make sure I like it and it looks good with your hair accesories(veil, flower whatever). You can see how it will hold up that day too. Yeah you have to pay extra but for me it would be worth it if it were my big day.

And congrats! :tongue:

Thanks, PreciousHoney! I definitely plan to do a trial run before the big day.

@RedCelticCurls - both those styles are really pretty! I definitely want to use my natural curl.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file