Considering cutting my hair

laynesavedthedaylaynesavedtheday Registered Users Posts: 239 Curl Neophyte
I am kind of itching for a shorter hairstyle. Right now my hair is about BSL with some layering. The layered parts form the cutest spirals but the long parts just wave slightly and don't always look that great.

I want to cut it to about collar bone length. I think it would go well with my face shape but I really have no idea, especially since I have been growing out a shoulder length cut from 8th grade and I am now a junior in high school so I kind of have a connection to it lol.

I guess I just want to know what you guys think...do you think long or short curly hairstyles look better? I mean I guess if I get tired of it I can just get some hair vitamins and wait it out. Hair grows back, after all.

So what do you guys think?

Comments

• SPK12SPK12 Registered Users Posts: 5
    I know exactly where you are coming from, a little over a year ago I chopped my hair big time after growing it out since 8th grade. That's about 8 years worth of grow out and I was petrified to cut it, but I found a great stylist and I love my shorter hair. I think if you want to cut it, you should, but only if you are truly ready for a big change. The one thing I love about having my hair shorter is that I feel like I finally have a cool, trendy haircut. I am currently sporting layers and straight across bangs. I have a haircut appointment next week and am considering an angled bob. So bottom line of this long winded story is have a great stylist that you trust and embrace the change! :)
  • laynesavedthedaylaynesavedtheday Registered Users Posts: 239 Curl Neophyte
    I usually do these things on a whim and for the most part don't regret it. I would absolutely LOVE the drying time being cut, using less products, and overall less maintenance. Plus when I get my hair colored it will be way less money and time...oh this could be nice. haha.

As far as how it would look...I have some layers at the length I would like it so I have an idea of how it would look at just that length...and honestly I don't think it looks any better either way. I think I just may cut it.
  • wavy wonderwavy wonder Registered Users Posts: 3,061 Curl Neophyte
    I think you should do it. It's not like shoulder length is ALL that short. You can still do ponytails etc.
    Can you post a picture of your current hair?
  • finaleofseemfinaleofseem Registered Users Posts: 900
    I LOVE collar-bone length hair. Very versatile, but still not nearly as weighed-down as shoulder-length. And, it looks good on just about anyone. :)

I say go for it, but I'm quite biased. :)
    2b/cMii, medium-high porosity

Likes protein and most oils, HATES mineral oil
    Summer Routine
    Poo: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture
    Cowash CJ Daily Fix
    Rinse out: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture
    Leave In: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture, SSRPT
    Stylers: Ecostyler Krystal, LALSG (in really high dews)
    PT: SS Repairing Protein Treatment
  • peyrouxpeyroux Registered Users Posts: 174
    short hair is eaaasy. Mine is not even chin length, so it's not as versatile, but shoulder length should be.
    2b, high porosity, medium texture
    CG since 11/20/09

Current routine:

low poo: GTTTT
    rinse out: Suave Naturals Aloe and Waterlily
    leave-in: GVP Conditioning Balm or Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition
    stylers: Proclaim Curl Activator Gel, Proclaim Crystal Ice Protein Gel or Ecostyler Krystal Gel
    SU1HMDAwMTEtMjAwOTEyMjQtMTUxNS5q-1.jpg

7528_1050618442921_1749568229_95264.jpg

7827_101638653186862_10000022182001.jpg

Thank you guys so much! Sorry the pictures are crappy. The first one you can't even see the curl...that was a great hair day!!
    I think shoulder/collarbone length will suit you very well! Also, your hair looks like mine when mine gets long. :)

Summer Routine
    Cowash CJ Daily Fix
    I think shoulder/collarbone length will suit you very well! Also, your hair looks like mine when mine gets long. :)

What length is your hair now?
  • pedahehpedaheh Registered Users Posts: 4,812 Curl Neophyte
    I'm not great at envisioning what hair will look like after a cut. I think it will be cute, but I'd trust people with skills in this area. I just want to say you have really cute hair and a great smile.
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
  • wavy wonderwavy wonder Registered Users Posts: 3,061 Curl Neophyte
    I think a shorter cut with lots of layers would look fabulous on you. Beautiful smile too:love2:

What length is your hair now?
    Mine's just below my chin. I've got pics posted all over the "What did you do to your hair today?" thread.

Summer Routine
    Cowash CJ Daily Fix
    Thanks guys! I think I'm going to do it. Oh and as for the smile...3 years of braces made it possible lol :p
  • pedahehpedaheh Registered Users Posts: 4,812 Curl Neophyte
    The braces were worth it.:mrgreen:
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
  • AlexjoujouAlexjoujou Registered Users Posts: 2,364
    I agree! I think a bit shorter would look super cute on you--you have the face for it!
    FIA 2c/3aFi

Done experimenting! Loving Spiral Solutions products!

Blog: http://thewavytales.blogspot.com/
  • anniemaeanniemae Registered Users Posts: 1,702 Curl Neophyte
    Definitely try it. Maybe do it gradually. I think you would look great. Good luck. :)
    Hair Type - wavy/curly, fine texture, thin/medium density
    2b-c/F/ii
    :dog:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file