Am I a 3b??????

BarbarosaBarbarosa Posts: 116Registered Users
Hi
I am a newbie and am confused as to what type hair I have. Can anyone tell from the pic?

Comments

• Curlz a HotMessCurlz a HotMess Posts: 268Registered Users
    Hmm, according to your pic, I would say either 3B, or very thick 3A. :)
    Shampoo and Conditioner: Suave Professionals Humectant

Styling & Finishing: Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Anti-Frizz serum, Garnier Fructis Moisturizing Leave in conditioner

Sorry, but I LOVE to straighten my hair!

2B, a few 2C & 3A strands in there
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think I have a hair twin! If I didn't know better, I would think it was a picture of my hair! I started out with bigger, Botticelli curls. Started getting root curl and ringlets. I put 3a in my signature--but say I'm a 3a/b mix. HTH!
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BarbarosaBarbarosa Posts: 116Registered Users
    Thanks Kathy. Yes our curls do look alike. My first picture posted was not a good view of the curls. So I thought I would zoom in this time with the camera. The front has alot of soft silver curls- probably alot softer than the back. So I think you are right about the combo 3a/3b.
    I am finding the less I touch my hair, the better. very long drying time but it doesnt like the dryer even with the diffuser. Do you find that also? Just a newbie here-thanks for your patience. Learning how to get around a little better. Love the site.
    Barbara
    The best thing I've found for my curls is a hard bonnet dryer--http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=70198 You don't need to read the whole thread. I wet, rinse out, style every day. My hair is low porosity. In my younger days, when there was more of it, it could take five hours to dry. Now, I do 8-15 minutes (depending on low or medium) and air dry it the rest of the way. Don't touch until MUCH later, when it is dry and has absorbed product.

My curl pattern is stronger, at this point--so I stopped using gel. Did that last Fall, too, but had to restart when the temperature and dewpoints dropped. Now, I use a moisturizing rinse out, leave in and gel type curl enhancer ([buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-Curls-in-a-Bottle-p-995.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curl-Junkie-Curls-in-a-Bottle]CJ CIAB[/buylink], homemade FSG, DM Curling Gelly, DOC.) I have nice ringlets that last all day with little frizz.
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BarbarosaBarbarosa Posts: 116Registered Users
    I would like to try the products you just listed in your post. Will work on that. If you have any of them as samples for sale, I would like to purchase them. I am using Suave for a co and leave in as well. Alternatively using Biolage and leaving most of it in after conditioning. Vavoom (Hold My Body) forming Gel works the best of all gels I have used. Tried yesterday to tone down some brassy highlights with that little purple tube of color correcter from Sally's. Not sure how to use it . I mixed a few drops with the leave in conditioner but did not really see a difference. Have you ever toned the hi-lights down with anything? Two hours to dry my hair naturally. Your suggestion about that Bonnet dryer sounds good and will be my next purchase. Thanks again for all the information
    Suave wouldn't have enough moisture for me as a rinse out or leave in--any time of the year, but especially in the winter. I used a few of the Biolage knock offs when I first started--I ended up giving them away. My hair really likes the more natural products. I've had better results the last fifteen months, since I've started using them.

I've gone to the same stylist for almost thirty years. I feel that he does a great job with both cut and color--I've never had to tone down highlights in all that time! I'd suggest the blue/violet shampoos, but they probably all have sulfates.

All the products I use are available as samples, just click the fotki link in my signature.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ha-shishha-shish Posts: 1Registered Users
    after seeing your pics..I'm not quite sure of my hair-type...:sad11:
  • KalgalKalgal Posts: 1Registered Users
    Hi
    I am a newbie and am confused as to what type hair I have. Can anyone tell from the pic?
    I'm having the same problem. it may be hard to tell form my picture but can anyone tell me my type?:)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file