I got a buzz cut!

qhsdsqhsds Posts: 63Registered Users
So I got frustrated with my hair and decided to have it shaved. I'm going to grow it out again but take better care of it this time.

So what am I supposed to do now? Should I still continue the CG method as it grows out?

Also, has anyone else done this before? and did you get better results after your hair grew out?

I'm a guy btw.

Comments

• qhsdsqhsds Posts: 63Registered Users
    Bump. xD
    Anyone? :/
  • crimsonshedemoncrimsonshedemon Posts: 2,098Registered Users
    Buzz cut, huh. Gutsy. Why was your hair so damaged? You felt it was beyond repair? Curly hair isn't as easy as applying product and voila. I've been wearing my hair curly for 20 years and I still struggle with it at times. I've chopped it off, let it grow, etc. Every day is something else. I'm just glad I don't have to deal with true winters.
    Anyways...
    I would follow the CG method. Your hair will only benefit from no detergents.
    Don't forget to post some pics as your hair grows!
  • kalanekalane Posts: 424Registered Users
    I definitely think you should continue the CG method as you grow out your hair. As long as you take care of your hair (go easy on the detergents & are light on using heat), your hair should come in healthy.
    fotki twitter blog

event.png

In short, the characteristics of the powerful, whatever they may be, are thought to be better than the characteristics of the powerless – and logic has nothing to do with it.
    -- Gloria Steinem

It wasn't really damaged, We were out of CG friendly conditioner and I was having a bad hair day so I got frustrated and decided to shave it off. XD
    I really miss it now D: It's growing very slowly.
  • morrighumorrighu Posts: 707Registered Users
    It works like that you know... You have to learn to love your hair, and work with it, no matter what it's doing. Some times its just best to pull it back and slap a clip on it.
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    qhsds wrote: »
    It wasn't really damaged, We were out of CG friendly conditioner and I was having a bad hair day so I got frustrated and decided to shave it off. XD
    I really miss it now D: It's growing very slowly.
    That sounds pretty drastic. Maybe a trip to the store next time before you buzz cut? Anyway I hope you like it - got photos?
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • anonymous_29030anonymous_29030 Posts: 619Registered Users
    I envy you...

I am experimenting with growing my NC hair long. I often feel as you did and just want to chop it right off but I am trying to persevere... sigh.

On the upside: I really like your buzz cut!
    Thanks! :D
    People keep telling me to keep it this way but I want to grow it back xD What do you think I should do?
    It's kinda boring short but MUCH easier to deal with.
  • dandydandy Posts: 346Registered Users
    i like it both ways.. yay for choices you can have a lot more fun
    2c/3a ? fine/medium iii- tons of it! FL. Suave, TTNG, CJDF co wash, GDLI
    HG- FSG, CK, ReCoil, Aldi shique gelee, ACV, ccclite or fsg 4 2nd day sotc:JCNS
    curl journalhttp://www.britishcurlies.co.uk/curl_forum/viewthread/977/ :bounce:
    event.png

Badge001.jpg
    I guess :D thanks
  • urbanmommyurbanmommy Posts: 155Registered Users
    I got a BzC, too, but not on purpose. :p

I'm doing a modified CG because I can really feel conditioner build up on hair this short.
    My Hair Blog
    3b/c who grew out a chemical haircut
    Products: Shea Moisture Shampoo, Suave Moroccan Infusion Shampoo & Conditioner, Tigi Dumb Blonde Reconstructor, Suave Volumizing Mousse

36 MONTHS SINCE THE BUZZ CUT!

I only used a sulfate-based shampoo after I buzz-cutted and I haven't used anything but conditioner on my hair since. :D Your hair looks very similar to mine now xD
  • cypriotchickcypriotchick Posts: 8Registered Users
    it looks gr8 both ways just think about it.. it means you won't have 2 cut ur hair as often :pirat:
  • marty256marty256 Posts: 15Registered Users
    i like you hair curly and buzzed cut,
    i wish i could do that with my hair, but it will make me look too much like a boy... i can't even imagine my hari shaved!
    but yeah sometimes i get frustrated with my hair.
    Hair Type: 3b
    Texture: Fine
    Density: Medium
    Porosity: Normal
    Elasticity: Normal
    My hair is a little over an inch now. :D Can't wait for it to grow back. I don't think I'm going to have another buzz cut any time soon :p

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file