I popped a pimple:(, bad me...

Curlz a HotMessCurlz a HotMess Registered Users Posts: 268
Hey! So, yeah, I popped this nasty pimple that was smack dab in the middle of my face, on my upper cheek, and it's still there! It's been there for about 2-ish days now, it's grossing me out! Also, my whole skin in general is making me mad because it is being gross and pimpiley:(, and I want to see a dermatologist really bad! But I have to wait until the next time I see the doctor, so I think this was just to vent, but I just really needed to say that:). Phew! All done. You can use the rest of this thread to comment, give advice, give tips, leave your own acne vent, etc!

haha:), good luck in everyone's journey for clear skin!
Shampoo and Conditioner: Suave Professionals Humectant

Styling & Finishing: Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Anti-Frizz serum, Garnier Fructis Moisturizing Leave in conditioner

Sorry, but I LOVE to straighten my hair!

2B, a few 2C & 3A strands in there

Comments

• Curlz a HotMessCurlz a HotMess Registered Users Posts: 268
    :cussing: <----me being mad at my acne.

Styling & Finishing: Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Anti-Frizz serum, Garnier Fructis Moisturizing Leave in conditioner

• angiekayangiekay Registered Users Posts: 137
    I just recently (3 days ago) started doing this routine, the oil cleansing method? Anyways, there's quite a few threads about it here, and an actual website on it, how to do it an all that.

I'm loving it thus far, I had an oil blister (what I call a bump that isn't really a pimple, but if you try to bust it, it's only oil?) anyways, one of these popped up yesterday on my chin, and I didn't "mess" with it, did my OCM last night, and it's almost completely unnoticable!!!! I could NOT believe it, seriously.

If you haven't tried this method, maybe give it a chance, I mean it's just castor oil and extra virgin olive oil mix, so it's not expensive by no means, and that was my thinking, what do I have to loose, because IF it works for me, then I would be saving loads of money not having to buy my name brand skin care stuff that really doesn't work that well anyways!!!
  • Curlz a HotMessCurlz a HotMess Registered Users Posts: 268
    angiekay wrote: »
    I just recently (3 days ago) started doing this routine, the oil cleansing method? Anyways, there's quite a few threads about it here, and an actual website on it, how to do it an all that.

I'm loving it thus far, I had an oil blister (what I call a bump that isn't really a pimple, but if you try to bust it, it's only oil?) anyways, one of these popped up yesterday on my chin, and I didn't "mess" with it, did my OCM last night, and it's almost completely unnoticable!!!! I could NOT believe it, seriously.

If you haven't tried this method, maybe give it a chance, I mean it's just castor oil and extra virgin olive oil mix, so it's not expensive by no means, and that was my thinking, what do I have to loose, because IF it works for me, then I would be saving loads of money not having to buy my name brand skin care stuff that really doesn't work that well anyways!!!

Hmm, this works? I have combination skin--it sounds like the oil would clog my pores. A while back, I tried this thing with olive oil where I used it as a moisturizer/cleanser, it didn't work out so well, but if it works for you get it girl! haha:)

• angiekayangiekay Registered Users Posts: 137
    Well, it's worth a try, I don't use it as a moisturizer, don't need any moisturizer afterwards to be honest. And yea, I have very oily/combo skin too, HATE the greasy oily look allllll day!!! This has helped ALOT, because you aren't clogging your pores, when you "steam" your face after rubbing in the mixed oils, it opens your pores then cleanses them, without stripping your skin of the necessary oils it needs. When you clean, clean, clean, it strips your face of all that much needed stuff, and then it over-produces it all over again, then causes break-outs. This is my understanding of it, and it's working for me thus far, so yea I'm gonna keep at it for now.

My skin literally glows in the morning, and no washing in the morning, just splash of water, wipe off, and apply my spf moisturizer thing and hardly any greasy face during the day!!
    here's the link where it tells how to do it and the benefits and all that:
    http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Registered Users Posts: 5,000
    It's not necessarily bad to pop a pimple, as long as it's ready to be popped (anyway, let's face it- sometimes swollen white heads hurt). If the pimple isn't ready to be popped, trying to do so can actually force some of the gunk further into the pore which can just aggravate the situation.

As for OCM, there's a really long thread here if you search for it. I tried it and it was really bad for my skin- I broke out worse than I have since I was a teenager, and in places where I normally don't get pimples. It took months to clear it up. But, obviously, your mileage may vary.
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
    Forgot to add- using a detergent-free cleanser is what helped clear up my skin. I started off with Aveeno, they have a cleanser for sensitive skin that contains coco. betaine instead of sulfates. It worked really well but after a while it started to feel like it left a film on my skin. I now use the castille cleanser by Pure Skin Formulations:

http://www.psfskincare.com/xcart/home.php

It seems pricey but a bottle lasts me more than a year. I also use their Salicylic Acid on my T-zone and it's helped TONS with oil. My skin is really clear, but if I get a pimple or two (usually around my period) I dab on some Benzoyl Peroxide or Tea Tree oil to dry it out.
    Brooklyn, NY

HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG

fotki pw= crrrls
  • alacurlalacurl Registered Users Posts: 1,199 Curl Novice
    I have an oily T-zone. I use a rinseable oil cleanser to remove makeup, then follow up with a regular cleanser (gentle, with no sulfates -- something similar to the PSF castille that Gemini mentioned). I don't have many breakouts, but I'm afraid I might if I didn't use the second cleanser.

Do try salicylic acid. It exfoliates within the pores to help curb breakouts. Start out slowly. Use it only a couple of times a week at first and then, if needed, build up to more times as your skin adjusts to it.
    shoulder-length 3a/b, depending on weather and products (or lack of products!)
  • mddrrobinsonmdmddrrobinsonmd Registered Users Posts: 1
    acne I believe is everyone's worse nightmare. Sometimes we hate our self to be in front of the mirror for we don't want to see how it really affects us. We may prevent this things to happen into our lovely face. First, we should get enough sleep, drink 8-10 glasses a day to wash away those toxins inside our body and lastly eat the right kind of food. Also we should always washed our hands before touching our face because our hands is the number carrier of germs and bacterias.
  • DominoDomino Registered Users Posts: 287
    angiekay wrote: »
    Well, it's worth a try, I don't use it as a moisturizer, don't need any moisturizer afterwards to be honest. And yea, I have very oily/combo skin too, HATE the greasy oily look allllll day!!! This has helped ALOT, because you aren't clogging your pores, when you "steam" your face after rubbing in the mixed oils, it opens your pores then cleanses them, without stripping your skin of the necessary oils it needs. When you clean, clean, clean, it strips your face of all that much needed stuff, and then it over-produces it all over again, then causes break-outs. This is my understanding of it, and it's working for me thus far, so yea I'm gonna keep at it for now.

My skin literally glows in the morning, and no washing in the morning, just splash of water, wipe off, and apply my spf moisturizer thing and hardly any greasy face during the day!!
    here's the link where it tells how to do it and the benefits and all that:
    http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/

I have no intention in putting you off but I feel obliged to warn you :sad3: When I tried OCM, the first 3 weeks were amazing. My skin had a glow, was healthy and less oily/pimply. After 3 weeks, it was breakout city! I naively thought it was purging and went on, and it was a mistake. It took my skin more than 7 months to heal after I stopped.
    So, if you notice more or misplaced breakouts (where you don't usually get them) please stop immediately.

Now, off to my own rant...I have PCOS which is the lovely reason behind my acne problem. I never had acne in middle or high school. But as soon as I got this PCOS thingy, the lower third of my face went crazy. I have many clogged pores (mini blackheads) on my outer cheeks and chin and I'm fine with them. I really am. But when I get horrible pimples beneath those clogged pores with PMS, that's when I hate my skin. I also have paper white skin (literally) and can have hyperpigmentation marks if you look at it wrong. Just adds to the problem.

*end of rant*
    :king: Priestess Brigit of the Moonlight Oracle in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :king:

Type: Mix of 1c/2c/3a , fine-ish medium, ii/iii, normal porosity
    Lenght: U-Shaped BSL
    Goal: Wavy and clumpy waist length hair
    Domino wrote: »
    I have no intention in putting you off but I feel obliged to warn you :sad3: When I tried OCM, the first 3 weeks were amazing. My skin had a glow, was healthy and less oily/pimply. After 3 weeks, it was breakout city! I naively thought it was purging and went on, and it was a mistake. It took my skin more than 7 months to heal after I stopped.
    So, if you notice more or misplaced breakouts (where you don't usually get them) please stop immediately.

Yes, that's pretty much what happened with me too. It was an absolute disaster...
    Brooklyn, NY

HG products:

fotki pw= crrrls

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file