Hillary Clinton's Chocolate Chip Cookies

roseannadanaroseannadana Registered Users Posts: 5,633 Curl Connoisseur
For those of you considering the Time Machine Trip, here's the snack that will be provided:

Here's How:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Brush baking sheets lightly with vegetable oil or spray with a cooking spray.

Combine 1 & 1/2 cups of flour, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of baking soda on waxed paper.

Beat together 1 cup of shortening, 1 cup of packed brown sugar, 1/2 cup of white sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract in large bowl with electric mixer until creamy.

Add 2 eggs and beat until light and fluffy.

Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in 2 cups of rolled oats and then 2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips.

Drop batter by rounded teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes or till golden brown.

Cool cookies on sheets for 2 minutes. Place cookies on wire racks to cool completely.

Tips:

These are best served warm with a glass of milk.
This recipe makes 7 dozen cookies. You can half the ingredients if you need to.

I was born to be a pessimist. My blood type is B Negative.

Comments

• Sugar Plum FairySugar Plum Fairy Registered Users Posts: 178
    Hee! Well, i'm not on the time-trip seeing as i'm not an american (although i am supporting the trip from abroad), but i have a question about the recipe.

Does it produce chewy cookies, or are they more crunchy? Thanks in advance! icon_smile.gif
  • roseannadanaroseannadana Registered Users Posts: 5,633 Curl Connoisseur
    Kind of soft and chewy. They really are good. I've only made them a few times. I have a feeling this isn't really Hillary's recipe since they've had a chef with them forever! In fact, the chef in the governors mansion wrote a book with lots of great recipes.

Thirty Years in the Mansion

I was born to be a pessimist. My blood type is B Negative.
  • Sugar Plum FairySugar Plum Fairy Registered Users Posts: 178
    Thanks RoseAnnaDana! icon_biggrin.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file