any cute/funny holiday stories?

subbrocksubbrock Registered Users Posts: 8,212
im so excited about christmas, im about to burst! last weekend we were at my parents' house decorating and majerle was helping with the nativity. she asked me who the little boy was and i said, "thats baby jesus." so she looked at me and said, "huh? baby gaga (as in lady gaga)?!?!" i never thought anyone would confuse baby jesus with lady gaga...:laughing7:

Comments

• nynaeve77nynaeve77 Registered Users Posts: 7,135 Curl Novice
    Danae has decided that she wants to be a reindeer like Rudolph. She told me,"I need a red nose and real antlers and soft fur so I can be Rudolph."

My tree looks crazy right now because she keeps moving ornaments. There are branches that have 3-4 ornaments on them...LOL
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • mad scientistmad scientist Registered Users Posts: 3,530 Curl Neophyte
    My preschooler just had his Christmas concert last week. It was the more adorable thing I had ever seen. Karan was "Theodore Bear" who was away at Bear College (which is on the other side of the Mountain LOL) and couldn't make it home for Christmas.

Then Santa came to the auditorium at the end at gave all the kids a present. So the next day I'm driving Karan and his 4 year old buddy and listening to the back-seat conversations: "Can you believe the REAL Santa was at our concert yesterday?" "I know! And he brought presents!!" "The REAL Santa Claus!!". It went on like this for 10 minutes. So cute.

• kenzie!kenzie! Registered Users Posts: 5,055
    I'm neither prenant, nor a parent, but I saw this on the newest posts thingie, and I had to share ours. (it does include a three little kids though!!)

I was 5, and my little brother and cousin were both 1 1/2. I had gotten a plethora of barbies and barbie clothes. I opened up all of them and sorted them into pants, shirts, skirts, dresses, accessories, and shoes. I went to go get a piece of apple pie, and Mom handed me a plastic shoebox container to put all of the dolls and clothes in. I started to pack them up, and I couldn't find any of the shoes. I looked all over, and finally mom said she would just buy me some new ones, we had to go. A day or two later my mom was babysitting my cousin, and both he and my little brother needed their diapers changed.....She shrieked, and then started laughing....Collin and Walkie-Talkie managed to eat all of my Barbie shoes, and they had rainbow speckled poop for a few days..... :D
    Rock Chalk Baby!! If you aren't from Kansas, you just won't understand!

Dame Kenz Matilda Jayhawk-Rocksalt, heir to the family diamonds.
  • CGNYCCGNYC Registered Users Posts: 4,938 Curl Connoisseur
    That well may be the best Barbie story I've ever heard.

Mine is So excited. She is doing a lot of riding in carts in stores because of her walking issue but she entertains herself by pretending to be a "jingle horse." Still don't know how this differs from a regular horse.

Also, overheard in my living room:

Drop it! DROP IT! TED I SAID DROP IT! WE DO NOT EAT THE BABY JESUS!

Ted is our shih tzu.
  • MagooMagoo Registered Users Posts: 2,173 Curl Neophyte
    I was writing a letter to Santa with my little guy a couple of weeks ago. He was dictating what he wants from Santa for Xmas and I was writing it down. When we were done I asked him and "what do you think Santa should bring mommy and daddy for Xmas?" He thinks for a second, looks at me and says, "batteries! lots of batteries for all my toys"
    I guess he's heard me complain about his toys needing too many batteries way too many times.
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
  • deezee02deezee02 Registered Users Posts: 1,509
    Steven is still scared of Santa, so we talk about him a lot to get him used to the idea

He has been going around saying "Santa says HO HO HO"

The other day he came up to me and said "Mommy, Santa loves Ho's"
    58eCm4.png
    SCxkm4.png

Come swag with me!
    Hee. Santa and the hos. That's one for the baby book.
  • RheannaRheanna Registered Users Posts: 2,614
    deezee02 wrote: »
    Steven is still scared of Santa, so we talk about him a lot to get him used to the idea

LOL! Santa and his hos.
    DPTFm5.png
    Rheanna wrote: »

LOL! Santa and his hos.

See what you have to look forward to?
  • subbrocksubbrock Registered Users Posts: 8,212
    everyone has such great stories!

this one actually made me LOL:

Awesome!
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

• LoloDSMLoloDSM Registered Users Posts: 3,778
    DD wanted to see Santa, but was nervous about it. The first time we stood in line for 5 seconds before she changed her mind and wanted to leave.

The second time, she stood in line for a half hour. When she got up to Santa, she gave him a high 5 and then screamed and took off running when he asked her for a hug. She didn't even stop for her coloring book.
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • fuzzbucketfuzzbucket Registered Users Posts: 996 Curl Connoisseur
    Harry loves anything with Curious George. We recorded the CG Christmas special on Tivo and have watched it way too many times. At the part where CG and the man are decorating the tree and George gets worried about what to get his friend for a gift, Harry gets all worked up and says, "Christmas broken, Mama!!"
    Hair type: 3A/B
    I lurk, therefore, I am.
    My Blog
    fuzzbucket wrote: »
    Harry loves anything with Curious George. We recorded the CG Christmas special on Tivo and have watched it way too many times. At the part where CG and the man are decorating the tree and George gets worried about what to get his friend for a gift, Harry gets all worked up and says, "Christmas broken, Mama!!"

Cute! I think it's adorable when kids get really involved in a story. Danae is a huge CG fan, too.

• inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Registered Users Posts: 2,954 Curl Connoisseur
    Chas was very curious about Santa this year. Grandpa has a Santa suit passed down from his dad. He came to visit Chas at his house. He was not scared at all.

Then Christmas morning...he was still sleeping so to wake him up Grandpa rang bells and did his hohoho...I thought my son was going to hit the door...he flew out of bed and went running into the living room. Santa almost got caught. We told him he just missed Santa. Then he had numerous questions. Why did Santa use tape mommy...why did santa wrap the gifts, why did santa not put everything together mommy... Why did Santa bring Cooper's gift to our house mommy ( i made the mistake of having his friends present under our tree). lol...at this rate..he's going to figure out the santa thing sooner rather than later.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file