CurlTalk

Natural hair is inappropriate for a bride

melcurlmelcurl Posts: 17Registered Users
I am currently planning my wedding. My wedding is a year away and people are already asking me what I'm going to do with my hair. Quite a few people have "suggested" that I blow my hair out for my wedding. My fiance loves my hair. He wants my hair to be curly on our wedding day.

But others have told me that you're supposed to look your most beautiful on your wedding day and that's why I should straighten it. I find that extremely offensive. What is wrong with people?

I am also a makeup artist and when I go to work I get quite a few hairstylists offering to straighten my hair for me. Why do people assume that I want my hair to be straight? If I wanted it straight, I'd relax it.

I've also been searching for natural "bridal" hairstyles online so I can just print it out so that the next time someone asks me "What are you going to do with your hair on your wedding day?" I can just pull out the pic and show it to them.

But I can't find many pics of natural bridal hairstyles. My fiance would like me to wear my hair out and big. So I told him I'll wear a flower instead of a veil. But he really wants me to wear a veil and I can't figure out how I'd wear a veil with a big fro. I just can't picture that it would look right.

If anyone has any good links that show natural hairstyles for brides, can you please paste a link I'm having a hard time finding good ones.

Here's a link to a pic of my hair, I don't have any pics on my computer with my hair not set on rollers. But you can still sort of see what my hair is like. My texture is also similar to my cousins with natural hair behind me if you can see it. I don't like hair typing but if I had to choose one I guess my hair would be 4a.

Im the one upfront in pink.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fhome.php%3F%23%2Fphoto.php%3Fpid%3D30410860%26amp%3Bid%3D1296127060" class="Popup

Comments

• moodydovemoodydove Posts: 1,721Registered Users
    As soon as I saw the preview title ("Natural hair is inapp..."), I knew what this would be about, and my gut went "Oh no, no, no". Haha. I'm sorry that people are saying that. But their idea of beauty is narrow. Anyway, have you ever gone on Curly Nikki's site? She was natural for her wedding. And for my friend's wedding, she did a twist out, pulled it into a big pony high on her head, fluff it beyond belief, and put a gorgeous purple flower in the hairtie. Then at the reception, she took her hair down and put the flower behind her ear. =)
    Big chop: 5/30/10
    CG, clarify with Aveda Brilliant Shampoo when needed
    Dense, medium-fine strands, lowish porosity. Avoiding glycerin outside the shower.
    Cowash:Suave Coconut Conditioner.
    Leave in: YtCucumbers and EVOO
    Styling Products: Flaxseed gel, Phillip B Soft Hold Gel, KMF Upper Management Gel
    DC: Doctored GVP or Suave conditioner
    Cleanser: Bentonite clay
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,738Registered Users
    I think a puff, at the base of your neck would be nice.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • CammybCammyb Posts: 576Registered Users
    hladyroi4.jpg
    I couldn't access the link because I don't have Facebook. /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fafricanamericanweddinghairstyles.blogspot.com" class="Popup
    I stole these off another forum (its for a good cause lol)
    najwamoses.jpg

hair12.jpg

hair28.jpg

natural.bmp

lca_videomakers_2.jpg

party_locs_240x340.jpg

todaynaturalbraids.jpg
    natural-black7.jpg

Picture38.png

These are from /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wedding-flowers-and-recep...ding-hair.html" class="Popup

black-wedding-hair-0003.jpg

braidedupdo.jpg
    uXBum4.png

"There’s just an certain aura a woman exudes when she has natural hair. She walks differently. Her swag is on full tilt. There’s a sense of confidence and je ne sais quoi that emanates from her spirit. Whatever it is it’s sexy as all hell and turns me on" -Anslem Samuel
    www.fotki.com/1cammyb
    www.piinkcamellias.blogspot.com
    www.youtube.com/1cammyb
  • CoaCoaBean08CoaCoaBean08 Posts: 734Registered Users
    melcurl wrote: »
    I am currently planning my wedding. My wedding is a year away and people are already asking me what I'm going to do with my hair. Quite a few people have "suggested" that I blow my hair out for my wedding. My fiance loves my hair. He wants my hair to be curly on our wedding day.

But others have told me that you're supposed to look your most beautiful on your wedding day and that's why I should straighten it. I find that extremely offensive. What is wrong with people?

I am also a makeup artist and when I go to work I get quite a few hairstylists offering to straighten my hair for me. Why do people assume that I want my hair to be straight? If I wanted it straight, I'd relax it.

I've also been searching for natural "bridal" hairstyles online so I can just print it out so that the next time someone asks me "What are you going to do with your hair on your wedding day?" I can just pull out the pic and show it to them.

But I can't find many pics of natural bridal hairstyles. My fiance would like me to wear my hair out and big. So I told him I'll wear a flower instead of a veil. But he really wants me to wear a veil and I can't figure out how I'd wear a veil with a big fro. I just can't picture that it would look right.

If anyone has any good links that show natural hairstyles for brides, can you please paste a link I'm having a hard time finding good ones.

Here's a link to a pic of my hair, I don't have any pics on my computer with my hair not set on rollers. But you can still sort of see what my hair is like. My texture is also similar to my cousins with natural hair behind me if you can see it. I don't like hair typing but if I had to choose one I guess my hair would be 4a.

Im the one upfront in pink.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fhome.php%3F%23%2Fphoto.php%3Fpid%3D30410860%26amp%3Bid%3D1296127060" class="Popup

Okay well first off I disagree with you on the straight hair - if you want straight hair then straighten it don't relax it! That's ridiculous it will permanently straighten your hair and you would have to start all over again.
    There is nothing wrong with switching up your look every now and then. You don't have to relax your hair just to have it straight for one day!!

I do agree that it is narrow minded to think you cannot have natural hair during your wedding, however this is how the world works so it isn't worth getting offended over. They probably associate wedding styles with "silky" and "sleek." Natural hair is neither of those things but it can still be more that sufficient enough for a wedding if you expand your mind, which sadly most people won't. If YOU want to wear your hair natural then do it. No one else should have a say on how you look on your wedding day because it is your special day and you are the one who will have to look back on it and be happy with what you see. People usually think natural hair isn't formal enough for occasions like weddings. Shake them off and don't worry about it. Do what you want to do. I am sure they won't all boycott the wedding on account of your natural hair.

I dunno if I think a veil on big afro hair looks right, honestly. You could have it out but I don't think an afro will look that great. It's up to you though you are the bride.

I think a non-veil look is very modern and can look very pretty.

you could rod set your hair, twist it, braid it, etc. i like braids for formal looks especially.

i do think it is interesting how few wedding styles you can find online on sites with "wedding style" photos. just shows how narrow people are.

Here are some styles I think could be very pretty for a wedding.

859eef904aetti7a.jpg.jpg
    fbbbaf90b2jetti7.jpg.jpg

i think those two styles were taken from a site for this salon:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nedjetti.com%2F" class="Popup

wedding-hairstyles-for-black-women4.JPG

you could do a smaller veil or what i think is called "birdcage veil." (see below) you could have your hair twisted/flat two strand twisted/cornrowed/etc. in a design in the front and out in the back (poofed out if you want). that way you can fit a small birdcage veil in the front.:

_KEA8487WEB.jpg

cornrows in front and two strand twists in the back:
    nedjetti1.jpg

nedjetti1a.jpg

twists with flower:

unclefunkysdaughter.jpg

think this is like flat two strand twists and a twist out in back:

beckyholladay.jpg

this is out natural in a straw set. you could plop a flower or feathers or whatever in there i guess:

strawset.jpg

you could rod set to get ringlets

nedjetti9.jpg

nedjetti9a.jpg

you could definitely wear it out with little definition and slap some accessories or whatever in it:

naturalcurly.jpg

pink1_2.jpg

you could use a definiting product and slick your back in a chignon bun:

denise_vasi.jpg

possibilities are endless. you should definitely try whatever style you want a month in advance at least. maybe you could try going to a natural salon?

you definitely dont need straight hair to have a nice natural style for wedding. i think you know that so it doesnt matter what other people say.

i got all these styles by a great website i just found btw.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fafricanamericanweddinghairstyles.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup

they have many many straight styles as well of you change your mind.

oh also you should try etsy shops if you want cute accessories. i love their hair accessories and you could wear them for a wedding if you want to. here are some shops i like and some wedding-ish things you might like...

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.etsy.com%2Fview_listing.php%3Flisting_id%3D35105390" class="Popup

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.etsy.com%2Fview_listing.php%3Flisting_id%3D34005541" class="Popup

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.etsy.com%2Fview_listing.php%3Flisting_id%3D36882932%26amp%3Bref%3Dsr_list_15%26amp%3B%26amp%3Bga_search_query%3Dwedding%2Bhair%26amp%3Bga_search_type%3Dhandmade%26amp%3Bga_page%3D2%26amp%3Bincludes" class="Popup[]=tags&includes[]=title

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.etsy.com%2Fview_listing.php%3Flisting_id%3D36716857%26amp%3Bref%3Dsr_list_12%26amp%3B%26amp%3Bga_search_query%3Dwedding%2Bhair%26amp%3Bga_search_type%3Dhandmade%26amp%3Bga_page%3D2%26amp%3Bincludes" class="Popup[]=tags&includes[]=title

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.etsy.com%2Fview_listing.php%3Flisting_id%3D34965559" class="Popup

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.etsy.com%2Fview_listing.php%3Flisting_id%3D36769203%26amp%3Bref%3Dsr_list_14%26amp%3B%26amp%3Bga_search_query%3Dwedding%2Bhair%26amp%3Bga_search_type%3Dhandmade%26amp%3Bga_page%3D%26amp%3Bincludes" class="Popup[]=tags&includes[]=title

good luck!
    head full of wild crazy kinks and curls :cool:
    "Make your choice adventurous stranger;
    Strike the bell and bide the danger.
    Or wonder, til it drives you mad,
    What would have followed if you had."

"I've often thought the Bible should have a disclaimer in the front saying 'this is fiction.'" -Ian McKellen
  • hippychichippychic Posts: 4,673Registered Users
    cute pics cammyb. someone else had posted lots of natural hairstyles for weddings but i can't remember her user name. initials were kk.

@op - i would just ignore people suggesting you straighten your hair. do what you want. it will be your big day. some people can be so ignorant. :hmph:
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ugh pics arent showing up again. seriously. smh...

"I've often thought the Bible should have a disclaimer in the front saying 'this is fiction.'" -Ian McKellen
  • TrenellTrenell Posts: 3,562Registered Users
    It's your wedding, wear what you want :)

Heck, people act like they are oh so creative with the straightwedding styles. Bun, side part, middle part, french roll, candy curls.... blah blah blah hahah

Here's me

sharewed-vi.jpg
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users
    Your wedding day is the time for you to be a Goddess with that natural hair. It's your day and you deserve to create your vision, not someone else's vision of how you should look. I say go all out and be beautiful, dramatic, chic and couture.

13.jpg

[IMG][/img]patrick.jpg

366666536.jpg

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.ning.com%2Ffiles%2FzNBCwt0cfaR9sso-9rD6ESZpc%2Aqd8RYcqg5ncrK0Ee3NL%2A4sgAjhFHy-svzP5v9E3wADRQmiRy7mGS51WYtPJJY2dFj6ebbA%2Fpatrick.jpg" class="Popup

patrick.jpg

todaynaturalbraids.jpg

Destinations-by-Maggie-Sottero-Wedding-Dress-SD3001.jpg

black.jpg

natural.jpg
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users
    More...
    natural-black.jpg

pink1_2.jpg

Formals_0056.JPG

naturalcurlystrawset.jpg

denise_vasi.jpg

Lots more photos here
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users
    your hair is beautiful. my only adds are to do some trial runs on what you want before, consider your hair in relation to your dress (some styles seem better for certain dresses), your natural is absolutely perfect for your wedding and consider how you want to transition your hair for your reception (this may be your opportunity to wear the flower). i feel there are so few surprises in life i would want to wait until the wedding day for my fiance to know what my hair would look like...
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • geminigemini Posts: 3,325Registered Users
    As long as people continue to believe that natural hair can not be formal, or professional or (fill in the blank) and the more people that follow that rule and do not wear their hair naturally in formal settings, then the more we will see that perception persist.

If people see natural hair in formal settings, then it won't seem so unusual or unacceptable anymore.

I think some of the styles posted are really cool.
    Your wedding day is the time for you to be a Goddess with that natural hair. It's your day and you deserve to create your vision, not someone else's vision of how you should look. I say go all out and be beautiful, dramatic, chic and couture.

13.jpg

[IMG][/img]patrick.jpg

366666536.jpg

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.ning.com%2Ffiles%2FzNBCwt0cfaR9sso-9rD6ESZpc%2Aqd8RYcqg5ncrK0Ee3NL%2A4sgAjhFHy-svzP5v9E3wADRQmiRy7mGS51WYtPJJY2dFj6ebbA%2Fpatrick.jpg" class="Popup

patrick.jpg

todaynaturalbraids.jpg

Destinations-by-Maggie-Sottero-Wedding-Dress-SD3001.jpg

black.jpg

natural.jpg

omg love these photos. beautiful girls beautiful hair!!

• hippychichippychic Posts: 4,673Registered Users
    gemini wrote: »
    As long as people continue to believe that natural hair can not be formal, or professional or (fill in the blank) and the more people that follow that rule and do not wear their hair naturally in formal settings, then the more we will see that perception persist.

If people see natural hair in formal settings, then it won't seem so unusual or unacceptable anymore.

I think some of the styles posted are really cool.
    this!
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,738Registered Users
    Some awesome pics here!
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • sobecurlsobecurl Posts: 313Registered Users
    I am in the same boat as my wedding is in 2010 as well. I think the key is to experiment with styles well before hand. Another thing to consider is how your style will hold up depending on the weather. A nice twist and curl will look like a big puff if there is high humidity or rain on your day (which is another reason not to striagthen/blow dry your hair straight)

It is difficult to find natural wedding hairstyles (I have been looking as well), which is why being creative and playing around with different styles and accessories might be your best bet. If you are doing your hair yourself, practice, practice, practice how you want your hair to look on your wedding day. And if someone else will be styling your hair, make sure they are familiar with your hair and how it reacts to different products and/or styling techniques.
    Over 10 years natural and still growing...
  • kandiekj100kandiekj100 Posts: 115Registered Users
    All the hairstyles are beautiful but I have to say I like the idea of big unapologetic fro with a flower in your hair. Of course, there is still the matter of the veil...
  • Sandy CoilsSandy Coils Posts: 662Registered Users
    Ok....y'all better post them pics! LMAO Not only was some good advice offered, but pics too. Y'all better werk dang it!

OP, I was gonna suggest a puff, and then you could attach the veil to the puff somehow. Then for the reception you could have a nice flower, butterfly, or some nice accessory for your hair. Don't worry about what other folks are saying. Even your man wants your hair curly and that is who you have to worry about pleasing - now and for the rest of your life!!!!!
    My Fotki

My Blog - A Day in the Life

Products:
    EVOO
    HEHH
    TresEmme Curl Moisture Conditioner
    Aloe Vera Gel
    Let's Jam

Hair Type: Kinky Coily

[SIGPIC]Me[/SIGPIC]
  • SilverAngel45SilverAngel45 Posts: 244Registered Users
    curlynikki.com featured a bride with natural hair and her hair was gorgeous... if u wanted to wear a veil maybe you can braid twist or pull back the front w/a hairband or clip.
  • HajHaj Posts: 164Registered Users

13.jpg

Whoa I am in love with this pic.:love10: I just turned into a fashion forward gay man for a hot quick second. When I saw this pic I was like "Giiirl you betta wurk" lol

I was trying to figure out how the bird cage veil would look with a fro. This pic is just too fierce and gorgeous.The model is fabulous.:thumbup:
  • msjaimmsjaim Posts: 948Registered Users
    Tell them all to kiss ur ass.. wear ur hair the way YOU WANT TO! & tell t hem that ish is offensive for them to even imply that what naturally grows out of your scalp would not be appropriate for your own damn wedding... ppl make the most ignorant statements. whats even more sad if most folks dont even realize how offensive they are
  • chenajchenaj Posts: 352Registered Users
    I had a similar experince, except that i was the maid of honour at my sisters wedding 2 years ago.

She refused point blank for me to wear my hair out in a natural style, like a wash and go or whatever. She said the same thing, an "afro" is not appropriate for a wedding.

I had to blow it out, but i still wanted curls so i had them tong it and ended up with some nasty looking Shirley Temple curls that i hated, but she loved.

I was really offended by the whole incident at the time but hey, it was her wedding, I love my lil sis to bits, so i just let it go and now, she is transitioning and has been growing out her relaxer for the last 9 months!

Poetic justice!
    hair type - definately 4a

wash - any baby shampoo

conditioning styler - homemade blend with shea, coconut, avocado mango, plam, castor, almond and essential oils

Hair pics http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=84285
  • NoraCurlNoraCurl Posts: 345Registered Users
    Cammyb wrote: »
    hladyroi4.jpg
    I couldn't access the link because I don't have Facebook. /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fafricanamericanweddinghairstyles.blogspot.com" class="Popup
    I stole these off another forum (its for a good cause lol)
    najwamoses.jpg

hair12.jpg

hair28.jpg

natural.bmp

lca_videomakers_2.jpg

party_locs_240x340.jpg

todaynaturalbraids.jpg
    natural-black7.jpg

Picture38.png

These are from /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wedding-flowers-and-recep...ding-hair.html" class="Popup

black-wedding-hair-0003.jpg

braidedupdo.jpg
    WHO SAYS natural hair is inappropriate for a bride??!! It's YOUR hair and you wear it the way you want! :blob3:
    I really like pictures #2, #11, and #12. I think those would look perfect with a veil.

Also, I know I'm probably "not supposed" to be here because I'm a wavy but I'm a chatty little girl so I post EVERYWHERE I can!:happy6:
    :toothy4::toothy4:
    "Smile...just do it.":angel11:

3aMii, medium porosity, medium to low elasticity:color:

Shampoo & Conditioner: HE Hydralicious Featherweight
    Styling: HETMS Spray Gel and Finishing Touch Cream
    DT: GF Triple Nutrition

• beautifuleyezbeautifuleyez Posts: 17Registered Users
    Melcurl, I truly understand where you are coming from, since I began planning my wedding I have received similar comments. I do believe that the style of your dress can dictate how you choose to where your hair, BUT there is a natural style that you can pick for ANY dress and ANY occasion! Don't let others negativity get you down. It's your day! Your happiness and the happiness of your hubby-to-be is also you should consider when you make ANY decision for YOUR wedding!
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    i say wear your hair how you want to wear it! i like the pic you posted in your OP.

im not engaged, but i have been planning my wedding hair for a while now :) i decided that i want to look like myself (wear my hair curly) but i want to look a bit different as well. so ive decided on either a roller set or having my hair curled with a curling iron to essentially look like this:
    ebonmagazinr-thumb.jpg

and even when it starts reverting back, it wont matter.

id love to see a bride rocking a beautiful veil AND big curly hair.
  • NicoletteNicolette Posts: 44Registered Users
    melcurl wrote: »
    My fiance would like me to wear my hair out and big. So I told him I'll wear a flower instead of a veil. But he really wants me to wear a veil and I can't figure out how I'd wear a veil with a big fro. I just can't picture that it would look right.

I agree with you on the "flower instead of a veil" thing.
    If a veil doesn't look good with my slightly-voluminous hair, it probably won't look good with even-more voluminous hair.
    P.S.: I love your hair. :love7: I've been stalking the 4A board admiring beautiful afros that I can't achieve due to my 3-type hair. :hmph: Pathetic!
    897475.png
    2C roots, 3A/3B for the rest.
    currently growing out... pulled down the longest part of hair is a little past the armpit.

curly goals: GROWING OUT! :toothy8:

routine: Condition daily with Nature's Gate Conditioner, shampoo once a week with Organix Hydrating Shampoo .
    Wrap in t-shirt and let dry for ten minutes. Scrunch with Redken Ringlet 07 and blow-dry bangs.

• Keeps_shrinkingKeeps_shrinking Posts: 37Registered Users
    Be proud, wear your hair naturally!
    All these pictures are a great inspiration. Do your thing girl!

By the way, what's with this conservative twisted idea of beauty...?
    3C, very fine (and fragile) hair

Wash:Rhassoul, once every 1 or 2 weeks
    Condition: AO Honeysuckle Rose
    DT: Jessicurl weekly deep conditioning treatment
    Henna: once every 2 weeks
    Leave in: Yes to cucumbers

On s'en fou!

Yes I'm Dutch, yes my hair is kinky, start dealing with it!
  • rachelolivia2010rachelolivia2010 Posts: 372Registered Users
    Just forget them. It doesnt matter if you straighten your hair anyways, because it's gonna poof up at the reception from dancin and movin and people breathin all on ya. Lol. If you straighten your hair, its a waste of time. Lol. You could be doing other things like getting ready and making sure everything/everyone else is ready. Im sure you would look beautiful with your natural hair anyways. Congrats on your wedding tho! :)
    awnmvgt87.png
    4a/OS/FN/Spongy
    Co-Wash: Vo5 Herbal Escapes Moisturizing Conditioner Free Me Freesia With Aloe Extract & Aussie Moist
    Leave In Conditioner: KCKT & seal with shea butter.
    Gel/Styler: KCCC or EcoStyler for edges.
    I think my hair likes cones... :)
  • JFrank09JFrank09 Posts: 129Registered Users
    Just forget them. It doesnt matter if you straighten your hair anyways, because it's gonna poof up at the reception from dancin and movin and people breathin all on ya. Lol. If you straighten your hair, its a waste of time. Lol. You could be doing other things like getting ready and making sure everything/everyone else is ready. Im sure you would look beautiful with your natural hair anyways. Congrats on your wedding tho! :)

LOL how true is this!!! I pressed my hair for the wedding, only because I couldn't get my curls to revert back on time... and girl after all the dancing my roots were a sweaty, puffy mess! Ugh... plus I wasn't knowledgeable of all these amazing styles!!!! But, at the end of the day, to be relaxer-free my entire life still makes me happy! I was still happy with my hair, just probably not as happy as I would have been had I worn it curly... but, back to OP... girl, do you!!!! I'm sure your hair will be gorgeous no matter what!!! =)
  • MslizziaMslizzia Posts: 600Registered Users
    Cammyb wrote: »

natural.bmp

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock: I LOVE THIS HAIRSTYLE!!

But back on topic... i think you should go with what your fiance wants. To hell wit everybody else, its yall day not theirs.