Doesn't it bug you when?....

erikaxelectrik7erikaxelectrik7 Registered Users Posts: 90
Doesn't it bug you when someone with really greasy, fried, just plain gross hair tries to tell YOU to fix YOUR hair when your hair looks fine?

This is what happened to me at school yesterday morning...

I was standing outside the attendance office waiting to get a pass, along with this other group of girls...and one of these girls takes one look at me, turns to her friend, and goes "That girl is a disaster! She needs to fix that hair. She need a perm and some conditioner on that head!" I just laughed and said "really?...I need to fix MY hair?..Okay, whatever.." and got my pass to class and walked off.

I'm not trying to sound cocky or anything, because my hair is faaar from perfect, but this girl had super greasy, fried, black and blonde hair that looked like it'd all break off if she even ran a comb through it...like when hair is super damaged and gets all.."spongey" looking...I guess that's the word for it? I don't know.

I'm really not trying to sound mean or anything....but really...this girl's hair was...scary...I might have felt bad for her if she wasn't so rude to me and everyone else all the time.

Comments

• CopaseticCopasetic Registered Users Posts: 222
    That would have really annoyed me :angryfire:
    Congrats on keeping your cool.
    co-wash: exact vanilla
    rinse out: tresseme naturals
    leave-in: giovanni direct leave-in
    stylers: kccc + he totally twisted mousse + coconut oil to sotc
  • Curlz a HotMessCurlz a HotMess Registered Users Posts: 268
    Oh, I can DEFINITELY relate!!!

There was this one girl in my class. She had wavy/curly hair that she straightened every single day, with regular shampoo and conditioner (no moisturizing product of any kind), and she had the most fried, dull, stringy hair I have every seen!! She could have cared less whether it was frizzy, extremely damaged, or stringy---as long as it's straight!!! I was like, let me get this straight, you would be happy with your hair even if it was thin as paper, so damaged it looks like it caught on fire, as long as it was straight?? Yes. WOW. I may not have perfect curls, but my hair is always healthy and non-damaged.
    Shampoo and Conditioner: Suave Professionals Humectant

Styling & Finishing: Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Anti-Frizz serum, Garnier Fructis Moisturizing Leave in conditioner

Sorry, but I LOVE to straighten my hair!

2B, a few 2C & 3A strands in there
  • botticelli_girl922botticelli_girl922 Registered Users Posts: 896
    Doesn't it bug you when someone with really greasy, fried, just plain gross hair tries to tell YOU to fix YOUR hair when your hair looks fine?

This is what happened to me at school yesterday morning...

I was standing outside the attendance office waiting to get a pass, along with this other group of girls...and one of these girls takes one look at me, turns to her friend, and goes "That girl is a disaster! She needs to fix that hair. She need a perm and some conditioner on that head!" I just laughed and said "really?...I need to fix MY hair?..Okay, whatever.." and got my pass to class and walked off.

I'm not trying to sound cocky or anything, because my hair is faaar from perfect, but this girl had super greasy, fried, black and blonde hair that looked like it'd all break off if she even ran a comb through it...like when hair is super damaged and gets all.."spongey" looking...I guess that's the word for it? I don't know.

I'm really not trying to sound mean or anything....but really...this girl's hair was...scary...I might have felt bad for her if she wasn't so rude to me and everyone else all the time.

Wow. Great job! If that would've been me, well...let's just say it wouldn't have been pretty!

Just the mere fact that her hair didn't look fabulous tells you that she can't judge good hair from bad hair. Or she could've even been jealous, who knows.

I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but why is she telling you to put conditioner on her hair, when hers is fried and damaged? I mean really, who is she to say that?

Anyway, that really stinks! I feel for you!
    Curl Type: 2c-3a, Medium thickness, Normal Porosity
    Weekly Low-poo: TJ Pure Castile Soap
    Co-wash: V05 Strawberries and Cream
    Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm (Possibly HG!), GF Triple Nutrition
    Styling Products: CK, Re:coil, JCRR, JCCC, LALMHG, EcoStyler, SMU Spray Gel, Boots

Life has many choices. Eternity has two. What's yours?
  • jessiexxrawrjessiexxrawr Registered Users Posts: 8
    Yes, this girl with the shortest, relaxed, damaged, highlighted hair with split ends told me I needed a perm. And when I said perm breaks your hair she said "No it doesn't, look at mine." I almost died laughing.
  • generositytgenerosityt Registered Users Posts: 245
    Yes, this girl with the shortest, relaxed, damaged, highlighted hair with split ends told me I needed a perm. And when I said perm breaks your hair she said "No it doesn't, look at mine." I almost died laughing.

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllllll, this is the funniest thing I've beard today!!!
    A Mediterranean 3b lady
    In love with my curls, love love love
    CG since Nov/07

Co-Wash: VO5, Tresemme naturals, Fructis naturals
    Cond: Nature's Gate conditioners
    Stylers: Lotions made at home with coconut oil, honey, AVG, vegetable glycerin, OO, and EO.
    Gel: LA Looks sports gel for high humidity days.

Hair goal: Waist length healthy curls
  • QuirkyCurlQuirkyCurl Registered Users Posts: 31
    I know EXACTLY what you mean. I see girls with the most busted up chemically damaged hair and they ask me "But why did you go natural?!?!? You'd look so pretty with it straight, your hair would look so healthy." Uhm. Yeah okay because that fried mess on your head is the epitome of health.
    Currently Testing: CG Method
    Former WDW Cast Member:sunny:
    event.png
  • thelovezombiethelovezombie Registered Users Posts: 16
    'Grats on keeping your cool. I've had many, many people tell me to straighten my hair (and, yes, many of them have hideous, fried and discolored messes).

Your stories reminded me of this time when I was in seventh grade... I used to draw really intricate designs all over my hands and this extremely tan kid saw it, grabbed my hand and examined it. I was a new student at this time and didn't really know how to react. Finally he looks up and goes, "You shouldn't draw on your hands. It gives you cancer." I stared for a moment, then said rather slowly, "So does tanning."

His response was to give me a quizzical look and say "No it doesn't..." :roll:
    2B/3A (mostly 3A since getting hair cut), M ii normal porosity curls. Just started CG!
    I am new here. Please do not kill me. :3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file