yay!

curlyorwavycurlyorwavy Registered Users Posts: 133 Curl Connoisseur
Ok, so I tried using less gel and scrunching when my hair was part-dry and... my hair's gone bouncy!!

Now pretty much all of my hair properly bounces when I pull it down and let it spring back! :D Apart from the odd few bits that refuse to become more curly than 2a, but hey.

I must have looked like such an idiot standing in front of the bathroom mirror, head tipped to one side, pulling random curls down and smiling when they bounced! Thankfully noone walked in...
UK curly, 2C/3A
CG, Tresemme Perfectly Undone, VO5 Firm Styling Gel

"I keep being bowled over by how lovely you look. And I love your hair. You have lovely hair. I can't put into words how beautiful your hair is! It's so... gorgeous. Seriously, I love your hair."
My fiance, when I was feeling all insecure. He's my curls' biggest fan!

Comments

• medusahairmedusahair Registered Users Posts: 3,515
    That's what I have to do, scrunch before it's fully dry, otherwise my hair can't do it's coily thing. My hair dries fine that way.
    What gel did you use for this good hair day?
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    http://public.fotki.com/Medusahair/

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
  • LadyCurlyLocksLadyCurlyLocks Registered Users Posts: 341
    Yay! I'm glad your curls decided to start bouncing. It's great when you find a routine that works. Which gel did you use?
    3B Corkscrew... I'm back on the boards now! Just got The Big Chop on Monday, pics coming soon.
  • internetchickinternetchick Registered Users Posts: 6,191
    Hooray! :D
  • lushaholiclushaholic Registered Users Posts: 2,180
    hehe, you're so cute. I probably would have committed the cardinal sin and asked if I could pull one too. :lol:
    3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
    spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif
  • EilonwyEilonwy Registered Users Posts: 12,391 Curl Connoisseur
    I must have looked like such an idiot standing in front of the bathroom mirror, head tipped to one side, pulling random curls down and smiling when they bounced! Thankfully noone walked in...

I think I've developed a habit of doing that :) I'm trying to stop... I'm glad your hair's looking good!
  • curlyorwavycurlyorwavy Registered Users Posts: 133 Curl Connoisseur
    lushaholic wrote:
    hehe, you're so cute. I probably would have committed the cardinal sin and asked if I could pull one too. :lol:

:lol:

The gel was the only CG one I've been able to find in the UK: Biosilk Rock Hard Gelle.

I showed my mum how one curl bounced yesterday. She's been (not surprisingly) skeptical about the whole no-shampooing thing. Now maybe she'll see that it's worked. Or maybe she'll think I'm crazy and disown me...!!
    UK curly, 2C/3A

"I keep being bowled over by how lovely you look. And I love your hair. You have lovely hair. I can't put into words how beautiful your hair is! It's so... gorgeous. Seriously, I love your hair."
  • LadyCurlyLocksLadyCurlyLocks Registered Users Posts: 341
    lushaholic wrote:

:lol:

The gel was the only CG one I've been able to find in the UK: Biosilk Rock Hard Gelle.

I showed my mum how one curl bounced yesterday. She's been (not surprisingly) skeptical about the whole no-shampooing thing. Now maybe she'll see that it's worked. Or maybe she'll think I'm crazy and disown me...!!

LoL, my mom hasn't tried to stop me, though she's a little skeptical herself. I also use BRHG and love it!! Congrats on your new curls!
    3B Corkscrew... I'm back on the boards now! Just got The Big Chop on Monday, pics coming soon.
  • curly52curly52 Registered Users Posts: 351 Curl Connoisseur
    curlyorwavy, did you get the BRHG from sallys?
    uk curly - 3a :toothy7:
  • curlyorwavycurlyorwavy Registered Users Posts: 133 Curl Connoisseur
    yup!
    UK curly, 2C/3A

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file