MAKE UP FOREVER and MAC

curlyarcacurlyarca Registered Users Posts: 8,449 Curl Connoisseur
So I rally want to try Make Up Forever now.

So if I'm MAC NC45, anyone have any idea what color I'd be in the the Make Up Forever HD foundation? (I'd go to a store, but no stores around here sell it.)

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.

Comments

• The New BlackThe New Black Registered Users Posts: 16,754 Curl Connoisseur
    idk...but in Sephora MUFE has a chart with women of different skin tones and the foundation shades they're wearing. With Becca (which you know I love) I got great help online from one of their consultants. Maybe MUFE has an "Ask the Expert" link on their web site too.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Registered Users Posts: 8,449 Curl Connoisseur
    I don't think so, but it's worth a shot. Thanks.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

• hippychichippychic Registered Users Posts: 4,673 Curl Neophyte
    i can wear nc45 and nc50 (depending on the product). i was matched to mufe #177 in the HD formulation. it was a perfect match. she put 175 and 177 on me and asked me which i liked better after she said the 177 looked better. i couldn't even tell where she had placed the sample of the 177. if i hadn't felt her fingers against my jawline i would have said she didn't really put anything on me because it blended so well :sign5: . the 175 gave me an ashy look.

i am probably a wee bit darker than you (since i can wear nc50 too), you might want to go down one shade number. look up ateeyaaa on youtube. she is nc50 and was matched to/wears #177 also. it might help to see a visual of someone else's skintone.
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Registered Users Posts: 8,449 Curl Connoisseur
    Yeah, I've seen Ateeeya's video on YouTube. She and ScandalousBeauty made me want to try the HD. Erin wear's 175; Ateya wear's 177. They both look darker than me, but the others look like they are maybe too light for me? I'll probably end up waiting until I get to a Sephora oneday.

In the meantime, I ordered the Becca foundation stick in Pecan for myself (ordered Brioche but it was too dark or light, can't remember).

• hypnotichypnotic Registered Users Posts: 613
    i would say 173
    Shampoo: Giovanni 50:50, Nexxus Aloe Rid
    Detangling Conditioner: Oyin Honey Hemp, EO Sweet Orange
    Cowash Conditioner:
    Suave Naturals Sea Breeze, V05 Tea Therapy, Oyin Honey Hemp
    Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix, Spa Siam Coconut Hair Mask, Yes to Carrots Mud Mask
    Leave-in Conditioner: Afroveda NU Milk Hair Conditioner, CJ Hibiscus & Banana Honey Butta Leave-in, Knot Today
    Stylers: SheaMoisture, JC Nourish and Shine, Burdock Root Butter Cream, Afroveda CocoLatte Moisture Mask
  • EilonwyEilonwy Registered Users Posts: 12,391 Curl Connoisseur
    Phoenix wrote: »
    idk...but in Sephora MUFE has a chart with women of different skin tones and the foundation shades they're wearing.
    The problem is that computer monitors display very different colors. There are only a few colors that are "true" on every monitor.
  • The New BlackThe New Black Registered Users Posts: 16,754 Curl Connoisseur
    Eilonwy wrote: »
    idk...but in Sephora MUFE has a chart with women of different skin tones and the foundation shades they're wearing.
    The problem is that computer monitors display very different colors. There are only a few colors that are "true" on every monitor.
    It's not on a monitor.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • hypnotichypnotic Registered Users Posts: 613
    Eilonwy wrote: »

you need to go to the store Sephora carries them and there are stand alone MUFE stores around the world

only one in the US...in NYC

anyway go to Sephora and swatch give yourself a an hour or so to narrow it down. i would try two colors one on each side of the face go outside walk around in the sunlight...maybe fluorescent lighting (since that's how most offices are lit) and regular incandescent lighting
    Shampoo: Giovanni 50:50, Nexxus Aloe Rid
    Detangling Conditioner: Oyin Honey Hemp, EO Sweet Orange
    Cowash Conditioner:
    Suave Naturals Sea Breeze, V05 Tea Therapy, Oyin Honey Hemp
    Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix, Spa Siam Coconut Hair Mask, Yes to Carrots Mud Mask
    Leave-in Conditioner: Afroveda NU Milk Hair Conditioner, CJ Hibiscus & Banana Honey Butta Leave-in, Knot Today
    Stylers: SheaMoisture, JC Nourish and Shine, Burdock Root Butter Cream, Afroveda CocoLatte Moisture Mask

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file