6 weeks CG and still no difference.. SOS!

irenedvirenedv Registered Users Posts: 16
Hi everyone!
Since 6 weeks I am CG and I still do not see any difference. I will tell you exactly what I have done the past few months, and hopefully someone can tell me what I have to do!
I have very fine hair untill my shoulders and I think I do not have a lot; you can see my scalp at some points, especially on my crown.
In september, I coloured my hair with the temporary stuff. My hair is very porous, so it still shows. In this month, I also started reading about CG and at first I got it wrong, so what I started to do was to stop using cones but continuing using my sulfate shampoo. I think these two things have damaged my hair pretty badly.
Since 6 weeks I am CG. I use a conditioner daily, use all the good CG-friendly products (Jessicurl, MOP, MopTop, CHS, CurlJunkie, Kinky Curly) that everybody is raving about and do a DT at least two times a week. I cowash my hair once every week. I think about proteins, alcohols etc when I buy stuff. Every morning, I take a look at a website to know the dewpoint and on the basis of that I decide which products I am going to use that day.
What do you think: is my hair so damaged that it might take a long time before my hair looks as pretty as yours or am I doing something wrong? If so, what should I do? More DT, more protein? Or am I being impatient and is this normal?
Please, help me! In Holland when we are desperate we say: I am stuck with my fingers in my hair! LOL
Thanks a lot!

Comments

• bfly36bfly36 Registered Users Posts: 126
    Can you post a pic of your hair?
    Low Poo: Mastey Traite, GTTT
    Conditioner: GVP,
    Leave Ins: KCKT, Shescentit LI
    Styling: ISO Bouncy Cream, DOC, HETT, KCCC

Still trying to figure out what hair i have lol!!.

Wanting to try: Darcy's, KBB and Botticelli Botanicals.:laughing6:
  • LorloriLorlori Registered Users Posts: 56
    i'm kinda in the same situation, but i've been cg for 3 weeks only.... maybe i'm just freaking without reason! i hope so...
  • CurlyCarrieSCurlyCarrieS Registered Users Posts: 200
    How do you do your hair exactly? Maybe there is something in the ingredients that your hair doesn't like?
    CG since10/26/09
    Co-wash Suave Naturals Wild Cherry Blossom
    Leave-in Suave Naturals Wild Cherry Blossom (Just a little before adding La Bella Max Hold Plus Volume Styling Gel.)
    Just bought Olive Miracle Leave-in Conditioner to try. I used it to scrunch out the crunch and it smells wonderful. (05Jun2012)
    Fotki pwpics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pe476206pe476206 Registered Users Posts: 117
    Do you use a low poo, because I started to see a difference in my hair once I used a sulfate free shampoo. Your hair is fine so it could get overcondition easy. I cannot co-wash without my hair looking bad. Not everyone on the cg method co-wash there hair. It is hard for me to tell if my hair is overcondition. You may be my hair twin, because my hair has some of the same properties.
    Fine hair, 3a/3b
    Shampoo: switching from a couple
    Conditioner: Herbal Essences totally twisted conditioner
    Deep conditioner: Aussie 3 minute miracle
    Styling products: pureology real curl, framesi hair treatment line colored treated serum
  • MizzFrizzMizzFrizz Registered Users Posts: 2
    I think this was the hardest part when I started. I tried everything others were doing as well and didn't see what the big deal was. Then I decided to try variations, and that's how it started to work for me. I actually can't cowash every other day because it was still too much for my fine, thin 3a hair. I do it once a week with much better results. And as for hair products, I found that I needed to measure out just how much I was using. I went from using as much as a tablespoon of gel (I know!) to 1 tsp of gel and 1/2 tsp leave in. It may be that it doesn't work for you at all. It doesn't for some. But before you give up, try changing things around and see if something you come up with on your own works. Good Luck!
  • CurlyMomCurlyMom Registered Users Posts: 334
    I agree with Pretty In Curls and MizzFrizz, it sounds like overconditioning to me.

I have a problem with that myself and am still trying to figure out what works best for me. I was using way too much conditioner and products on my hair and it was getting very weighed down. Then my hair started getting really frizzy because it was overconditioned......I was so confused!

Since your hair is so fine and thin, my advice is to back off all of that conditioning, use very small amounts of everything and see how that works.

Let us know how it works for you!
    2c/3a/3b Fine/med texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity
  • irenedvirenedv Registered Users Posts: 16
    Thank you so much! I subscribed to the instant email notification, but unfortunately I did not get any so I thought no one was responding. Thanks!
    I am going to do it immediately, not conditioning everyday. But you do wet it everyday, and re-apply the procuct(s)?
    I started to notice that my roots are looking good, the ends are terrible. I think my hair is still upset because of the 'painting' and I do not use a lot of product on the top of my head. So I already thought about cutting down the quantity of the stylingproducts, and that helps a little.
    I am going to try all your tips and tricks and I will let you know the results!
    Thanks again!
    And unfortunately I can not take pictures, and the times I was at my parents' I forgot...
    Do you use a low poo, because I started to see a difference in my hair once I used a sulfate free shampoo. Your hair is fine so it could get overcondition easy. I cannot co-wash without my hair looking bad. Not everyone on the cg method co-wash there hair. It is hard for me to tell if my hair is overcondition. You may be my hair twin, because my hair has some of the same properties.

Pretty in curls, does a sulfate free shampoo remove the 'overcondition state'? I have tried two times the MopTop sulfate free shampoo but I can not remember whether there was a difference between that shampoo or a co-wash, but I am going to give it a try as well! Thank you!
  • pe476206pe476206 Registered Users Posts: 117
    When I overcondition my hair I only use shampoo and no conditioner. My hair feels dry, and I would not have the best hair day, but my hair is long enough to put back in a ponytail. I use to overcondition my hair a lot when I use a co-wash conditioner, and a rise out conditioner. It was too much conditioner, but after I use my co-wash conditioner as a rise out I got better results (I still co-wash, but on occassion). It helps me, and hope you have good luck. It took me longer than 6 weeks for my hair to finally look better. Don't give up. :icon_smile:
    Fine hair, 3a/3b
    Shampoo: switching from a couple
    Conditioner: Herbal Essences totally twisted conditioner
    Deep conditioner: Aussie 3 minute miracle
    Styling products: pureology real curl, framesi hair treatment line colored treated serum

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file