Question for those who press hair

alsaxonalsaxon Posts: 734Registered Users
I don't regularly press my hair, in fact, I haven't done so in two years. I just pressed it yesterday with the jibere titanium flat iron. Can I say I am amazed by that thing. Anywho, for those who press, how do you get rid of that unpleasant pressed hair smell? Has anyone figured that out?
Album: http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q165/alsaxon/Hair/

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen." --- Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

Comments

• jeamariajeamaria Posts: 1,851Registered Users
    Vanilla gets out the burnt smell.

If you just rub some vanilla essence in your hands till there is no longer a wet feeling, but the smell is still strong, then smooth it over your hair, it will get rid of that "freshly cooked hair" aroma.

Even better, add a few drops of vanilla essential oil to a base oil like almond, olive, etc., and smooth it through your hair. This way, you completely cut out the risk of your curls reverting w/the watery vanilla essence, and you can work the mixture through your hair more thoroughly, especially if the smell is particularly strong.

HTH
  • alsaxonalsaxon Posts: 734Registered Users
    Wow! I have never heard of this but I am so excited to try it. Sounds awesome! Thanks much!!! And you are talking about the vanilla extract that you cook with right?

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen." --- Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
    Nevermind, I see you are talking about vanilla essential oil not the extract. I will have to go pick some up.

I'm talking about both, I guess :lol:.

In the first part I meant the stuff you cook with. I don't really know what the difference is between the vanilla extract and the essence. I heard one is not actually vanilla, or has certain additives. . . :? Anyway, I think I've used both, so either should be fine for these purposes.

In the second paragraph, I was referring to the essential oil, which can be kinda pricey, but probably your best bet if your hair is especially prone to reversion.
    Thx! I researched it and I am going to go ahead and bite the bullet and get the Vanilla EO. The vanilla extract has alcohols in it. Thank you for your input, I would have never thought of this.

You're very welcome :D. let us know how it works out for you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file