We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Henna before and after pics

curliitommii curliitommii Posts: 139Registered Users
I don't know if this thread exists or not, but I've recently started henna and I was wondering if people who have done henna over a long period of time will show the affect it has had on their hair!

I've only done it three times, but I can see my curls form by themselves without any products, they clump better and are more shiny.

this photo was only taken with my iphone but u can still see some shine! :mrgreen:

Comments

• reegsreegs Posts: 50Registered Users
    wow, what great definition.

I don't use henna on my hair, maybe i should look into it.
    3B, Fine texture, normal or low porosity (I'm not sure)

Co-Wash - Say Yes to Cucumbers
    Conditioner - Tresemme Naturals
    DT - Jessicurl Too Shea! Extra Moisturising Conditioner
    Products - Jessicurl Rockin' Ringlets Styling Potion, Jessicurl Confident Coils Styling Solution

Others I've used in the past:
    Conditioner - DeLorenzo Rejuven8 Condtioner
    Products - Sunsilk Curl Booster, Joico Joilotion, Garnier Fructis Styling Gel Endurance 24h
  • jeweldjeweld Posts: 140Registered Users
    your curls are soo pretty and defined. I've only done alma and cassia treatments. I want to color my hair with henna but I'm scared it will loosen/ straighten my curls. Have you experienced this at all? How far apart were your 3 henna treatments?
    Poo: Giovanni TTT
    CoWash/Detangler: Any Suave on top of VO5, Yes to Cucumbers
    DT: Aubrey Organics White Camellia, Amla/ Coconut milk, Castor oil
    Styling Products: Yes to Cucumbers, EcoStyler, Longaid Curl Activator,
    Daily Moisture: Hibiscus tea+Aubrey Organics White Camellia Spritz, Yes to Cucumbers, Homemade Whipped Avocado+ Green Tea Creme
    Seal w/ Dabur Vatika Oil, Castor oil
  • tctc Posts: 986Registered Users
    I just did henna and indigo for the first time this weekend to redden and darken some professional highlights that I didn't like. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

15451_206759587897_541322897_3273999_7831421_n.jpg

The highlights look cherry red!! I'll enjoy this color while I can ... my natural color is very dark and I won't be able to get this color again after the highlights grow out.
  • tctc Posts: 986Registered Users
    ps. my hair felt very dry immediately after hennaing, but I think that's mostly from the previous coloring damage (the salon went way too light at first and then tried 3 times to adjust it darker). Plus I did multiple henna's and indigo's over the past 2 days to get the color I wanted. So it's in shock at the moment and kind of dry but I LOVE the color. I'm coaxing it back to life with a ton of AOWC ... hopefully it will get its shine back soon! :)
  • NaturalCurls1NaturalCurls1 Posts: 4Registered Users
    I don't know if this thread exists or not, but I've recently started henna and I was wondering if people who have done henna over a long period of time will show the affect it has had on their hair!

I've only done it three times, but I can see my curls form by themselves without any products, they clump better and are more shiny.

this photo was only taken with my iphone but u can still see some shine! :mrgreen:

Your hair looks great! What type of henna did you use?
    -Jess-:love4:
  • curliitommii curliitommii Posts: 139Registered Users
    it was actually a combo between a 1.50 henna I bought in hillside queens and the rest of Lush henna blocks

I wanna try Jamila henna, because that's what curlynikki uses but I hate ordering online.. I'm too impatient lol :-(
  • PreciousHoneyPreciousHoney Posts: 254Registered Users
    I just did my first henna last night and here is the link to my Fotki with before and after pictures.

I used Dark of the Moon Henna which is supposed to be like Yemen from mehendi.com

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FPrecioushoney%2F" class="Popup
    Precious Honey :)
    3c with some 3b at the bottom.
    Im lovin HENNA
    Light protein use

Co-wash: Suave Daily Clarifying Co
    Rinse-out: Back to Basics Pom Peach (old bottle) or GVP Conditioning Balm
    DT: GVP Condidtioning Balm with heat
    Leave in: Elucence MBC
    Gel: HEBE or Aussie Instant Freeze gel.
    Shampoo: Elucence Moisture Balance
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FPrecioushoney%2F" class="Popup
  • KeihsKeihs Posts: 435Registered Users
    X
  • KiraSavannahKiraSavannah Posts: 423Registered Users

We look like we have the same hair&length, what products do you use,? And is their a henna for honey blonde hair, cause I don't wanna darken my hair.. ( my hair gets honey blonde during the summer)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using CurlTalk App
    CG/LOC Method's 3b/3c hair SL-Curly/ Goal-MBL Curly:)
    Weekly Poo/Low Poo: some Shea M Poo.
    Weekly Deep Treat-Dermorganic Intensive Hair Masque
    Bi-Weekly RO:Tresseme Naturals - V.Smooth/N.Moisture
    Daily Leave in:Shea Moisture Extra Moisture Detangler
    Daily Oil: Olive Oil & Conut Oil Mix
    Daily Styler: Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file