Paging SpunkyCurls! (easy pb cookie recipe)

Sugar Plum FairySugar Plum Fairy Posts: 178Registered Users
Hi SpunkyCurls, I did a search for easy pb cookie recipes and this thread (scroll down) came up with a recipe you gave for cookies that contain no (or very little) flour. I was wondering how well this recipe works: is it better than "normal" recipes (i.e.- that take longer) or would I be better off taking the time to make pb cookies the "proper" way. I can cook just fine, so a quick recipe like the one you mentioned would just be more time efficient as opposed to making it easier for me to bake. I've never made pb cookies before (they're not common in england) so i wanna use a recipe that will produce good cookies. Thanks in advance for any help you (or anyone else) can give. icon_smile.gif

~Jess~

Edited to add: Oh, and also, roughly how many cookies do y'think this recipe would make? TIA! icon_biggrin.gif

[ August 06, 2003: Message edited by: Sugar Plum Fairy ]

Comments

• NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    The 1 cup sugar/1 cup pb/1 large egg recipe is awesome! I first made it for Passover, since it didn't use flour, but it's really, really good. PB cookie recipes with flour don't always taste so much like peanut butter. This recipe's sweeter, too, with the sugar, etc. icon_biggrin.gif I tend to cook at a lower temperature for about the same time, and my cookies are more chewy and less crumbly that way. It's just a preference, I guess.

I'm not sure how many cookies that makes, though-it depends how big you make them, I guess, but probably around a dozen?
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • Sugar Plum FairySugar Plum Fairy Posts: 178Registered Users
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NetG:
    The 1 cup sugar/1 cup pb/1 large egg recipe is awesome! I first made it for Passover, since it didn't use flour, but it's really, really good. PB cookie recipes with flour don't always taste so much like peanut butter. This recipe's sweeter, too, with the sugar, etc. icon_biggrin.gif I tend to cook at a lower temperature for about the same time, and my cookies are more chewy and less crumbly that way. It's just a preference, I guess.

I'm not sure how many cookies that makes, though-it depends how big you make them, I guess, but probably around a dozen?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks!
    icon_biggrin.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file