Shakira ain't a curly girl no more =(

CurlyJosephineCurlyJosephine Registered Users Posts: 20
My idol has ruined her beautiful curly hair ....
its now straight straight straight !! =(
curly hair was a big part of who she was ... what a shame !! she looks beautiful in straight but curly looked so much prettier on her ! (my opinion)
http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2009/01/celebrity-hair-affair-shakira/
I'll live ! ~ ~

Comments

• DEL2CDEL2C Registered Users Posts: 6,418 Curl Neophyte
    WOW :sad7: I guess we really are a minority on NC.Com. If you go to the polls results it's a whopping 65% that voted for her straight & sexy look as they call it. They actually had the nerve to call her curly look "Cute & Curly" gimme a break! I think a lot of times when celebs change their look people just like the change. I do think that straight is the trend again, but WHO CARES! We're still rockin' our Waves & Curls!!!!!!!
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    I think her natural texture and color would look much prettier.
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Registered Users Posts: 5,000
    I love her curls- but going straight isn't anything new for her. It seems like she has a different texture in practically every picture, lol.
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • totallytwisted<3totallytwisted<3 Registered Users Posts: 228
    Yea she's been seen with curly hair after that. I don't imagine this was a permanent change. It's prob just a blow out.
    Last Relaxer December 4, 2008
    BC Date March 13, 2009

Ultimate hair goal: APL braidout / WL straight

event.png

Current Loves are henna & hair steaming

http://members.fotki.com/backtobasics/about UPDATED!!! 8/07/10
  • burgundy_locksburgundy_locks Registered Users Posts: 2,420 Curl Neophyte
    Gemini13 wrote: »
    I love her curls- but going straight isn't anything new for her. It seems like she has a different texture in practically every picture, lol.

yup. she's always going back and forth. that's the best thing about being a curly. you can have the best of both worlds. and shakira is a perfect example! However, i think she looks much better as a curly. but thats personal preference. :mrgreen:
    para los gustos se hicieron los colores

i has no hair type? (medium, f-iii), normal porosity, LOW elasticity.
    CG journey began 2/8/09 - 4-08-09.. and then mod cg 4/14/09 -... 03/02/10- Barely CG but I like CG products :)
    wash with Low Poo or Poo
    condition with GVP Conditioning Balm or CJ BC Daily, Loreal Color Vive for Color Treated Hair Thats Normal
    Leave ins- Garnier S&S; Marrakesh oil
    style with - Ohm SHP; KCCC- BRHG or Boots- KCCC- BRHG; CIAB; CCCC
    Protein- GVP Joico K-Pak
    Play with ACV
  • Hakim NuraldinHakim Nuraldin Registered Users Posts: 1,467
    I prefer her with curly. Straightened, she just looks like everybody else. Cookie cutter.
  • peyrouxpeyroux Registered Users Posts: 174
    Shakira has been going back and forth since the early 1990s. Pies Descalzos? Donde Estan Los Ladrones? Unless you've only been a fan since she went English, this isn't a big surprise.
    2b, high porosity, medium texture
    CG since 11/20/09

Current routine:

low poo: GTTTT
    rinse out: Suave Naturals Aloe and Waterlily
    leave-in: GVP Conditioning Balm or Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition
    stylers: Proclaim Curl Activator Gel, Proclaim Crystal Ice Protein Gel or Ecostyler Krystal Gel
  • kalanekalane Registered Users Posts: 424
    DEL2C wrote: »
    WOW :sad7: I guess we really are a minority on NC.Com. If you go to the polls results it's a whopping 65% that voted for her straight & sexy look as they call it. They actually had the nerve to call her curly look "Cute & Curly" gimme a break! I think a lot of times when celebs change their look people just like the change. I do think that straight is the trend again, but WHO CARES! We're still rockin' our Waves & Curls!!!!!!!

I agree with DEL2C. I think a lot of time people are just reacting to the change. That being said, Shakira changes up her look a lot so I'm not mad at her.
    fotki twitter blog

event.png

In short, the characteristics of the powerful, whatever they may be, are thought to be better than the characteristics of the powerless – and logic has nothing to do with it.
    -- Gloria Steinem

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,729 Curl Virtuoso
    She certainly is pretty either way but really stands out with the curly hair, which I have always loved. She is one of my hair idols. I rarely see her curly anymore tho. : (
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • lotoloto Registered Users Posts: 133
    Shakira has worn her hair straight at various points through her career... when she first came out, during the "¿Dónde estan los ladrones?" era, etc. She'll go back to curly.
    3A: med/coarse texture; high porosity
    <3 Honey rinses
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Registered Users Posts: 5,136 Curl Connoisseur
    Her curly hair looks very healthy in that picture. Shakira constantly changes her look. For her, the constant transformations are more about fun than insecurity. I think she looks good in the curly picture, although she does look good with straight hair too. I just don't like when her hair is very bleached and looks dry and overprocessed, whether it's straight or curly. She can pull that look off, but I always want to give her some conditioner when I see her like that. :toothy3:
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • burgundy_locksburgundy_locks Registered Users Posts: 2,420 Curl Neophyte
    Her curly hair looks very healthy in that picture. Shakira constantly changes her look. For her, the constant transformations are more about fun than insecurity. I think she looks good in the curly picture, although she does look good with straight hair too. I just don't like when her hair is very bleached and looks dry and overprocessed, whether it's straight or curly. She can pull that look off, but I always want to give her some conditioner when I see her like that. :toothy3:

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!
    para los gustos se hicieron los colores

i has no hair type? (medium, f-iii), normal porosity, LOW elasticity.
    CG journey began 2/8/09 - 4-08-09.. and then mod cg 4/14/09 -... 03/02/10- Barely CG but I like CG products :)
    wash with Low Poo or Poo
    condition with GVP Conditioning Balm or CJ BC Daily, Loreal Color Vive for Color Treated Hair Thats Normal
    Leave ins- Garnier S&S; Marrakesh oil
    style with - Ohm SHP; KCCC- BRHG or Boots- KCCC- BRHG; CIAB; CCCC
    Protein- GVP Joico K-Pak
    Play with ACV
  • CurlyJosephineCurlyJosephine Registered Users Posts: 20
    peyroux wrote: »
    Shakira has been going back and forth since the early 1990s. Pies Descalzos? Donde Estan Los Ladrones? Unless you've only been a fan since she went English, this isn't a big surprise.

yeah ofcourse i know .... been her fan over 10 years
    anyway ... just saying she's over straightning it
    she could make some serious damage to it .. i mean i have only starightened my hair for 4 days in a row and now its damaged for over a month =(
    and still is .... miss my curly hair =(
    I'll live ! ~ ~
    I'll live ! ~ ~
    DEL2C wrote: »

Exactly what i thought !!
    I'll live ! ~ ~

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file