Working and mommying

goldygoldy Registered Users Posts: 5,463 Curl Connoisseur
I posted in another thread that I'll be going back to work at the start of Jan.
I'm just so sad about it and don't feel ready. I'll only be out of the house 6 hours max for two days a week... and those two days A will be home with my husband. But I just can't bear the thought of leaving him and being without him :(
Financially we need me to go back to work, and I'll be bringing in a substantial amount of money.
I know it will all be okay -- and will probably be good for me, A, and my husband. I just needed to express my sadness :sad3:
Poodlehead wrote:
Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:

Comments

• nynaeve77nynaeve77 Registered Users Posts: 7,135 Curl Novice
    (((goldy)))
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • buckeyebuckeye Registered Users Posts: 129
    goldy wrote: »
    I posted in another thread that I'll be going back to work at the start of Jan.
    I'm just so sad about it and don't feel ready. I'll only be out of the house 6 hours max for two days a week... and those two days A will be home with my husband. But I just can't bear the thought of leaving him and being without him :(
    Financially we need me to go back to work, and I'll be bringing in a substantial amount of money.
    I know it will all be okay -- and will probably be good for me, A, and my husband. I just needed to express my sadness :sad3:

Express away! I know exactly how you feel! I've had to go back to work after 2 babies, and they are both in daycare...it kills me to be away from them every day (I work FT), but unfortunately we need my income...I think it's harder on us than it is on them ;) but it sucks no matter what way you look at it! I only do it because I *have* to - if it were up to me, I'd either SAH FT, or work 1 or 2 afternoons a week just to get out of the house...
    :toothy7: on my CG journey since 10/31/09
    **2-3ish mix/coarse/med-high porosity/v thick/graying, color treated
    cleansers: CJ DF
    co-wash: TJ TTT/Suave DC
    rinse out/treatments: YTT/YTC/HSH Pumpkin/CJ CR/AO GPB
    Stylers: homemade FSG/HETMS spray
    :thumbleft: pixiecurl diffusing in winter, air drying in summer, Icequeen method, combing right before plopping
    :thumbdown: glycerin, panthenol, heavy oils, diffusing in summer, Suave Cherry Blossom co, gel :(
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Registered Users Posts: 3,778
    It is hard going back to work. I cried a lot in the weeks leading up to the end of my maternity leave, but I found it to be much better than I thought it would be. Once I was back, I enjoyed interaction outside the house, and it made me value my time with DD that much more. Picking DD up at daycare is one of the highlights of my day. :)

It's great that your husband can stay home with your son. For one thing, you will avoid all the sickness that comes with daycare. Plus, it will give them a chance to bond and create their own memories. And you will love coming home at the end of the day and seeing how excited your son will be when you get there.

Good luck! It's okay to be sad. I think most moms are when they go back to work.
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • DarkAngelDarkAngel Registered Users Posts: 2,671 Curl Neophyte
    I think I am going back Monday. I still haven't decided. Part of me is thinking about never going back. The other part values the adult interaction and really enjoys working. We will see.

I hope your transition goes smoothly. I think the fact that he can be with your husband is great and should ease your mind a lot during the day when you are apart.
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • goldygoldy Registered Users Posts: 5,463 Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks guys! When I talk about it with people I know IRL, I feel as though they're laughing at me or thinking I'm acting ridiculous. My days will start at 8:30a and end at 1:30p, so really it's not much -- I still will get the entire afternoon and evening with A.
    But we have so much fun together -- even though there are days that I'm exhausted at the end watching the clock waiting for my husband to come home. When I was a small child and you asked what I wanted to be when I grew up the answer was always "a mommy".
    I feel like I'm just one of those people that was made to be a SAHM and can completely enjoy it and feel fulfilled. I also respect that many people feel they need to get out of the house and work and interact -- its just not me. Unfortunately I'm looking at the situation like I'm going back to work cause the economy sucks and we need the money, not cause I want to get a few hours out of the house or enjoy working :( Either way, I'll still put my heart into my job and work with a smile on my face!
    Poodlehead wrote:
  • deezee02deezee02 Registered Users Posts: 1,509
    school starts back in January. I have already dropped down to 2 classes to be home more with the kids. I will be gone 2 days a week from around 10-2:15 (depending on weather).

DH will be home with the kids those days (we did have daycare issues in the past) but I still feel bad leaving the baby!
    58eCm4.png
    SCxkm4.png

Come swag with me!
  • newcurlynewcurly Registered Users Posts: 1,310
    goldy wrote: »
    Thanks guys! When I talk about it with people I know IRL, I feel as though they're laughing at me or thinking I'm acting ridiculous. My days will start at 8:30a and end at 1:30p, so really it's not much -- I still will get the entire afternoon and evening with A.
    But we have so much fun together -- even though there are days that I'm exhausted at the end watching the clock waiting for my husband to come home. When I was a small child and you asked what I wanted to be when I grew up the answer was always "a mommy".
    I feel like I'm just one of those people that was made to be a SAHM and can completely enjoy it and feel fulfilled. I also respect that many people feel they need to get out of the house and work and interact -- its just not me. Unfortunately I'm looking at the situation like I'm going back to work cause the economy sucks and we need the money, not cause I want to get a few hours out of the house or enjoy working :( Either way, I'll still put my heart into my job and work with a smile on my face!

Aw, you sound like such a fantastic mommy! I can't even imagine how hard it will be for you to leave your precious little one twice a week!!!

I hope things improve soon so that you can maybe stay home soon.
    "Well I love that dirty water. Oh, Boston, you're my home!"
  • medussamedussa Registered Users Posts: 12,993
    Oh, Goldy. I wish I could give you a hug.
  • cosmicflycosmicfly Registered Users Posts: 1,814
    I was so upset when I had to go back to work after having Maxwell, but we depended on my income. It was a full time position. I went back on a Wednesday and I gave my notice that Friday. I still had to work, but i switched to a per diem position and was able to work 3 days instead of 5. I still hated leaving him but it was more manageable. I know it sucks,but it probably won't bother your little guy at all, especially since he'll be with his daddy.
  • goldygoldy Registered Users Posts: 5,463 Curl Connoisseur
    I feel so much relief from writing and sharing this. I feel like it's okay for me to shed some tears over my sadness.
    Poodlehead wrote:
  • mad scientistmad scientist Registered Users Posts: 3,530 Curl Neophyte
    ((hugs)) hopefully you will find a schedule that works well for your family. Its definitely ok to be sad.

I don't know how you American moms do it. I returned to work (part-time) at 14 months and 22 months. It was still heartbreaking, as well as tiring and stressful.

• cosmicflycosmicfly Registered Users Posts: 1,814
    I am just remembering now how awful i felt when I had to go back to work after having Aidan. He was only 6 weeks old and i had to go back full time. It sucked. 18 months later, I am still looking for something per diem so I can have a more family friendly schedule.

It's definitely ok to feel sad. I'm still sad. But I will tell you that when I had a part time schedule, I enjoyed it, especially after having a second child.
  • curly_keltiecurly_keltie Registered Users Posts: 791
    Oh my gosh - I can't believe the title of your post. My blog is the same title and has been since I started back at work when DS was 1.
    Long, blonde, 3a/mostly b hair.

78Da.jpg78Dam6.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file