Sick and Tired (complaint thread)

HeatherNicoleHeatherNicole Posts: 1,316Registered Users
Hi ya'll I'm not particularly in a bad mood or anything, but I thougt this would be a good idea to start for our hair issues. I always getter better response with things in the 4A forum than in the 3C, but anyone who looks at this is more than welcome to chime in.

The premise of this thread: This thread is for any hair related complaints that you may have. For example, it could be about not finding a product you want so you have to keep wasting money, it could be about how maybe people constantly ask you supid questions about your hair, it could be about anything! It could even be about your own personal struggle with your hair. So it's more of a venting thread, but sometimes discussing the problem is how things get done. It can motivate people to take action. If you have an answer for someone or are in agreeance let them know. we're all in our hair journey together. lol. Please note however this is not a thread that takes aim at one person(s) in particular. Meaning if you have a problem with someone else on the site don't discuss it here. A. It's not mature B. It's tacky to air your dirty laundry in front of everyone. With that being said I hope you enjoy this thread and now I'm going to kick it off with the first complaint.
Drum roll please!!!!

I'm sick of having to layer in 3 or 4 products to get great results. Yes, I know there are some out there that claim to do it all, but there's always something that's not being achieved (ex: definition, frizz control, hold). It already takes me forever to do my hair when I wear it down, which is disconcerting in itself, but I think I could find something that i would be prone to look nicer more. I feel good when my hair looks nice, I put on a little makeup, walk a little taller, dress a little cuter, and have some pep in my step. But I can't wake up over an hour early everyday to do it and I doing braid outs all the time gets time consuming as well. Another thing, it seems like all the all in one products are for those who have looser curl patterns. What's up with that? It sucks cause I read on the other forums how this has become someone's HG, then I buy it and guess what... more layering. It would be nice if someone created something like that for 3C/4A and 4/A and even 4B combination hair. We like to look cute too.

Well that's my complaint.
Thick coarse 3c/4a prone to dryness.
Staples
Aphogee 2 Step treatment
Generic Biolage Conditioning Balm
Tigi MM Conditioner
Creme of Nature Shampoo for dry hair
KCCC
Denman D3
Giovanni Direct Leave-in
SheaMoisture Leave-in
http://public.fotki.com/MsHeatherNicole/

"Make it work!"- Tim Gunn

Comments

• CheleighCheleigh Posts: 552Registered Users
    I'm sick and tired of looking for a holy grail product. I am pretty happy with my hair, so I should be satisfied with what I have, but no--I see reviews for [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/CURLS-Curls-Milkshake-p-884.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curls-Curls-Milkshake]curls milkshake[/buylink] or curl junkie hibiscus and banana, or kinky curly and what, I get the itchy finger to try them, even though I rarely use moisturizers (I CW often) or styling products.
    Natural pics: http://picturetrail.com/shelacious
    pw: kinky
    Hair type: Spongy & kinky texture. Coily & curly strands.
  • dsg-girlycurlydsg-girlycurly Posts: 343Registered Users
    OK, here it goes.......I'm little tired of doing hair ALL THE TIME, I know I just started my natural journey, but I declare it seems that everything is about your hair.

I never use to have to do my hair ALL THE TIME before embracing my natural curly hair. Yeah, so my hair was not so healthy and very prone to break off........but still. Co-washing, deep conditioning, no poo, watch out for this chemical and that chemical, layering, mixing, twisting, shrinkage, and on and on and on and I mean GOODNESS.

Ok, I said it. But for real, I just love my new natural journal. I have very special hair that has special needs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

4A&B -- Henna and the entire Essential Balms product line; lately Carol's Daughter honey mimosa & black vanilla leave-in. Staple products are SheaMoisture, Aubrey Organics and Trader Joes Norish Spa conditioner, ACV and IC Fantasia Gel. I'm also Mixtress (I love making my own hair concoctions :glasses9:)

Be encouraged -- Cuzz Fuzz is what it Duzz!!

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w184/dsg373839/
  • runrunrunnerrunrunrunner Posts: 196Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    i'm just looking for that product will keep my hair moisturized for more than a few hours.

it gets really annoying that my hair feels unmoisturized in it's dry state. feels great wet...but dry...blaaaaah.

when i get back home to new york...i'll finally be able to try out those blended beauty products that i ordered....i'm hoping for the best!
  • spiral-ncspiral-nc Posts: 716Registered Users
    Okay, here's my contribution-

:? I'm tired of being style-challenged. Why does it take me 20 minutes to do two pippy longstocking plaits? And when I'm done. they're kinda frizzy, not smooth. All I know how to do are wet twists and wash n gos.

:x I'm annoyed that my hair is different lengths (chin length in the front to bra strap in the back) Why does the front seem to grow so slow?
    spirals, kinks, s-shapes and coils.

http://public.fotki.com/Spiral

H is for Henna and Healthy Hair!
    Use only the PURE STUFF
  • st. louis bluest. louis blue Posts: 404Registered Users
    I am sick and tired of hard water. Sick and tired. Sick. And tired.
  • *Belle**Belle* Posts: 43Registered Users
    I am tired of people with no hairline trying to sell Black consumers their braid-in/sew-in/glue-in/clamp-in/wrap-around
    weave/extension products so we cal all look jacked up like them...

code for Brandi(Ultima/Ulta weave or whatever)...
    Even before she took the braids out, you scould see she lost her hair at the front, and then she turned around and relaxed it AND put another weave in it on top of the hair loss from braid weaves... :shock:
    Oh yeah, i really want to take hair advice from HER...

And those with no concern about chemicals trying to make a mint without considering the fact that they are selling baldness in a jar...

code for Debbie Allen (Rio),
    and all of the people at Creme of Nature, TCB, Gentle Treatment, Rusk, Yuko, Jheri Redding, Bodiphier, Wave Noveau, etc... Andf a special shout out to the ladies at Curve/Miss Jessie's Salon for their unique contribution to the creamy crack additction AND for hawking their B.S.>
    They don't give you the time of day if you're only interested in natural hair care... And not everyone wants a mushroom/mullet-cut thank you.
    Belle Coils that squiggle, flop, shrink and hang.
  • butterfly22butterfly22 Posts: 103Registered Users
    I am sick and tired of (black) people talking negative about their own natural hair. Aren't you guys tired of hearing these negative comments? Come one it is what you are born with! Get over it!
    4a/4b little 3c
  • soon2bsoon2b Posts: 220Registered Users
    I'm tired of ppl being concerned that I want natural hair and just want to point me in the direction of a relaxer/perm.....even hair stylists. My friend went and got curly weave put in while shes growing out her perm and the sylist told her that the perm was the best thing invented for Black ppl :shock: :evil:
    event.png

Hair Type: small 3c patch in the center, mostly 4a with a patch of 4b at my temples
    Shampoo: Suave daily clarifying ( when I feel that need)
    Conditioners: AOHSR, MM, olive oil
    Styler/Leave-in: SheaMoisture, Fantasia IC, HNS
  • SienaSiena Posts: 19Registered Users
    I'm tired of the transition faze. I'm tired of my hair looking a mess. My hair tangled and broke off from a conditioner which makes trying to do twist set hard because you have thick roots and thin ends. I am tried of the 2 texture struggle, one extremely str8, the other extremely curly. I want to strart chopping my hair off, but what style will I wear. I am annoyed by not knowing what to do with my hair. Should I perm (it crosses my mind, but nothing too serious), should I get a sew in weave, should I get microbraids, should I get 2 strain twist....would it break my hair off, will it thin out my edges, etc. Ladies I don't want to comb my hair for about a month, what style is safe to get??? Can I comfortably sleep on it, can I comfortably work out with it, is it Chi-Town winter friendly. I am trying to figure a way to chop off at least 3 inches and just wear a style to let it grow.

This thread was what I needed :)
    What's my hair type???? THICK! THICK!! and THICK!!!

pw:pretty
  • natashamcknatashamck Posts: 434Registered Users
    spiral-nc wrote:
    ... :x I'm annoyed that my hair is different lengths (chin length in the front to bra strap in the back) Why does the front seem to grow so slow?

Amen to that! I thought that I was the only one... I've tried MTG, WGO... and I'm still not seeing a noticeable change... maybe I need to give it more time, but I just get so impatient :evil: I just wish my hair in the front would grow out already so that I could chop off the straight ends without
    1. having a mullet or
    2. having to cut like 3 inches from the back

urrggghh! :x

:idea: I've come to the conclusion that I am cutting my hair in December so that when the new year rolls around, I'll be relaxer-free... Until then, I'll have to deal with the two textures... they're really killing me right now
    mostly coarse texture, normal porosity... I think?
    HG: Generic Matrix Biolage, KCCC, KCKT, CBSS WSHP
  • PsychePsyche Posts: 90Registered Users
    Major shrinkage and slow growth.
  • LadyJAHLadyJAH Posts: 81Registered Users
    I am sick and tired of the two hair textures. Never thought that I would be sick of pulling my hair back in one, but because it is breaking off so bad that will soon not be an option. Last night I parted it down the middle and did two braids. However, I feel compelled to cover it with a baseball cap. I want to go for the B/C but I am afraid of how I would look and how people would see me. UGHHHHHHH :x Wish I could muster the courage to just chop it off. :?
  • keekekeeke Posts: 2Registered Users
    Yes, I'm sick and tired of buying these products that promise to moisturize
    and all they do is dry out the hair. The best way I figured out not to get a dryed out sponge is to not even put the gels on and only use the oils but then my hair usually ends up flat looking.
    I'm going on 8 mths since my last touch up and I luv it.
  • sunshowersunshower Posts: 229Registered Users
    spiral-nc wrote:
    :? I'm tired of being style-challenged. Why does it take me 20 minutes to do two pippy longstocking plaits? And when I'm done. they're kinda frizzy, not smooth. All I know how to do are wet twists and wash n gos.
    girl, you took the words right out of my mouth. i wish i could do more styles, and i'm sick sick sick of having to wet my hair in order for the curls to look good.
    --Tiffany--
    *Reformed PJ*
    3c/4a - coarse and super thick, APL when curly, somewhere around WL when stretched
    http://public.fotki.com/hokukoroku/ - i never update. shame on me :(

Last Relaxer - January 30, 1999
    BC - March 21, 2000

Currently using: AO HSR & GPB conditioners, Vatika Oil, SheaMoisture, homemade African Black Soap shampoo & hair lotion.
    OK, here it goes.......I'm little tired of doing hair ALL THE TIME, I know I just started my natural journey, but I declare it seems that everything is about your hair.

I never use to have to do my hair ALL THE TIME before embracing my natural curly hair. Yeah, so my hair was not so healthy and very prone to break off........but still. Co-washing, deep conditioning, no poo, watch out for this chemical and that chemical, layering, mixing, twisting, shrinkage, and on and on and on and I mean GOODNESS.

Ok, I said it. But for real, I just love my new natural journal. I have very special hair that has special needs.

Looking at your pics, we seem to have similar hair. Are you at an in between length? That's when I had to do the most to my hair because it wasn't long and it wasn't short. You might find that as your hair gets longer, you have to do less because you can just pull it back in a ponytail or bun, etc. Your hair looks great at the length it is, though. Looks like all that deep conditioning and no pooing is paying off - it looks very healthy. :)

Use only the PURE STUFF
    sunshower wrote:
    spiral-nc wrote:
    girl, you took the words right out of my mouth. i wish i could do more styles, and i'm sick sick sick of having to wet my hair in order for the curls to look good.

I just never got a lot of practice with braiding and whatnot. I never learned to cornrow, or flat twist either. Hopefully, I'll get faster at the braiding. The other day, I just wet my hair put it in a ponytail and banded it all the way down. It was really fast and, although I thought it wasn't a remarkable style, I got hit on a lot that day :? ! :lol:

Use only the PURE STUFF
    spiral-nc: I guess you could call this an in between length. The fact is that my hair has never gotten pass maybe 10" due to severe breakage that was a result of wearing perms combined with bleaching my hair. I have several lengths now the longest on the top 5". Now that I'm committed to wearing my hair natural (no perms or bleaching) I hope my hair will grow out to be as beautiful as yours is (I've visited your fotki). Thanks for the encouragement!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

4A&B -- Henna and the entire Essential Balms product line; lately Carol's Daughter honey mimosa & black vanilla leave-in. Staple products are SheaMoisture, Aubrey Organics and Trader Joes Norish Spa conditioner, ACV and IC Fantasia Gel. I'm also Mixtress (I love making my own hair concoctions :glasses9:)

• LadyJAHLadyJAH Posts: 81Registered Users
    Ok Ladies,

I cured myself of being sick and tired. I threw caution to the wind and went for the BC. Originally, I feared that my husband would not like it but he thinks it is cute. What do you guys think????

Also what type hair would you say that I have?
    Lady J - I think your BC has yielded a wonderful result -- very cute indeed. Sport your earrings and go Lady J.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• An AkashaAn Akasha Posts: 175Registered Users
    I'm sick and tired of trying to find a good salon for a trim. After 4+ years of natural hair, I STILL have not found a place that I would call "perfect".

Perfect = good cut + decent (fair) price + good hair products (I don't want anything that "defines curls" or "gives shine" because that means hard, dry hair for me) + knows how to comb hair without pulling it out/ breaking it off + doesn't try to sell me a chemical service or push products that i don't need +listens to me and doesn't just start hacking + has no 'attitude'.

I can find a combination of the above, but not all.

And I don't think I am asking too much!

I don't want to go back to trimming my own hair.
    BSL of thick 4a/ 3c coils.
    Member since 1999.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file