Daily moisturizer and cleanser recs for the uninitiated?

KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
I know nothing about skincare. I use good quality makeup (MAC, Clinique, Everyday Minerals), and in the winter, I use whatever moisturizer I have on hand--usually the yellow Clinique one that's always included in the Bonus gifts. My skin is normal to dry (but not super dry) and somewhat sensitive in that I can't use cheapo stuff on it, but I don't ever get breakouts or anything like that (hence my lazyness in skincare). Now I'm starting to think I should really start taking better care of it. I'm 27 and don't really have wrinkles, but you can kind of see the start of them in the outer corners of my eyes and lips when I smile. I have a bad habit of crinkling my forehead a lot too. So I'm thinking I should start some preventative maintenance now. Any recommendations on where to start? Should I keep using the Clinique lotion for now? I don't have a cleanser I'm loyal to either. I'm not cheap when it comes to this kind of stuff, but nothing outrageously expensive either. I'm sensitive to strong scents, and I prefer companies that don't do animal testing.

Thanks!
*Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin

Comments

• CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Registered Users Posts: 3,093
    I'm going let others chime in on their skincare recs.

I will recommend sunscreen. Don't leave home without it. Use one specifically made for the face. It is the best thing you can do for your skin at your age.

I like Coola products. http://www.coolasuncare.com/
    2b/3a.
  • KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
    I'm sure you are right, esp since I live in FL. Does it matter if it's moisturizer with suncreen, or is separate better? I'm all about saving steps. ;)
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Registered Users Posts: 3,093
    It doesn't matter, as long as you've got sunscreen on. The sun is the WORST offender when it comes to wrinkles, sun spots, aging. You can skip everything else as long as you wear sunscreen :)
    2b/3a.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file