Need rec for straw cup for smoothies

KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
I need a cup that I can use to give Dylan smoothies. I tried the Take and Toss kind, but the straws come out, and D thinks it's great fun to pull it out and drip smoothie on my floor. icon_rolleyes.gif I've examined a few with attached straws, but it seems that most of them get REALLY narrow where the straw is attached, making it no good for thick smoothies. I really need it to be wide throughout. I also prefer plastic (I know--blasphemy). The Foogo straw cups seemed to be wide enough all the way through, but metal makes a nice, clanking noise when you throw it against the tile floors. So plastic would be better. Any ideas?
*Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin

Comments

• mad scientistmad scientist Registered Users Posts: 3,530 Curl Neophyte
    I think the Take and Toss have the widest straws.

We used these cups exclusively with Karan without a problem - but he really only ever drank water out of them.

heinz-12mnth-straw-cup-pack.jpg

With Sandhya, we ended up with Sippy cups instead because I found the straw cups got pretty nasty with her formula. She uses the Avent sippy cups, which I'm quite happy with.

• KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
    I tried giving smoothies in sippy cups, but gotta work REALLY hard to get it to come out.

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • mad scientistmad scientist Registered Users Posts: 3,530 Curl Neophyte
    What about the take and toss sippies? Those are probably the easiest sippies to drink out of since they don't have a valve, other than the Nuby soft spout ones.

• KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
    Those are the sippies we use around the house. My smoothies are pretty thick, they won't come out.

• LikeAustraliaLikeAustralia Registered Users Posts: 2,812
    Kaia wrote: »
    Those are the sippies we use around the house. My smoothies are pretty thick, they won't come out.

Would he understand a bite valve? I like these for water, but they have a pretty big straw.

http://www.rei.com/product/776892
    4906baa5-2244-42ab-aa2b-1ebae69ed997.jpg
    Not Cindy or Sindy or Syndey or any other such abomination.
    It's Sydney, like Australia.
    Formerly known as SydneyCurl.

• FieryCurlsFieryCurls Registered Users Posts: 2,904
    Kaia wrote: »

Would he understand a bite valve? I like these for water, but they have a pretty big straw.

http://www.rei.com/product/776892
    4906baa5-2244-42ab-aa2b-1ebae69ed997.jpg

I was just coming here to post this.
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png
  • cosmicflycosmicfly Registered Users Posts: 1,814
    I've been giving Aidan smoothies in a sippy cup without the valve- he seems to do ok with it. He can use a straw, but he fools around with it and pulls it out then tells me 'mess' :roll: .
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Have you tried making them a little thinner w/ extra water or juice added?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file