No!! I'm gonna cry...

Curlz a HotMessCurlz a HotMess Registered Users Posts: 268
:thumbdown:
Taylor Swift straightened her hair and got bangs!!! ):. Major sadness. I've always looked to her as the "curly promoter" in Hollywood where--she was the only one with curly hair!! What's us curlies to do now? *sigh*. I didn't even recognize her!

Here's the link if you wanna see her new "hair style":

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/see-taylor...bangs/32475?nc
Shampoo and Conditioner: Suave Professionals Humectant

Styling & Finishing: Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Anti-Frizz serum, Garnier Fructis Moisturizing Leave in conditioner

Sorry, but I LOVE to straighten my hair!

2B, a few 2C & 3A strands in there

Comments

• SolangesmileeSolangesmilee Registered Users Posts: 27
    wow, why would she do this? Im not saying she looks bad or anything, but her curls were so pretty:confused5:

man, what i would give for her curls, and she just throws them away? this sux
    True 3B
    coarse, overly porous, normal elasticity, thick
    On the long transitioning road...
    Discovered Curly: November 24, 2009:toothy3:
    Hates: humectants, protein, rain, wind, humidity, plopping
    Loves: moisture, ecostyler, sallys conditioning balm

:wav:

• hunnybeemayhunnybeemay Registered Users Posts: 75
    Wow! She still looks pretty, but I never would have recognized her. And unfortunately, her hair has that "straightened" look. Of course, she's young and all girls that age want to try out new, "grown-up" looks, etc. Maybe she'll come back from the dark side soon, lol!
  • KenziesKurlsKenziesKurls Registered Users Posts: 12
    :'( i JUST saw this on tv and came on here to see if anyone had talked about it. the fact that she straightened her hair is not really helping me (and im sure other young girls) gain any curly confidence.
    3a curly girl
  • curls 2nvcurls 2nv Registered Users Posts: 318
    i really dont think she permanently straightened it and got bangs. it looks like a wig. i salute her for mixing up her style and trying something new, but it doesnt flatter her in my opinion.

if it is a wig, then yey! she's pro protective styling for the winter
    CG Curly
    Why does the pj monster haunt me so?:twisted:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Growing my bf's hair from cbl to apl
  • *Marah**Marah* Registered Users Posts: 8,032 Curl Neophyte
    Now this is odd. I was just thinking about her hair yesterday because I watched a video that had several shots of her curly hair. I was thinking that I hope Taylor doesn't go straight. Then I thought.. nahhhhhhh her curls are to fab.. and she HAS to know that..it's like her signature..

Guess I thought wrong. I mean I think she look nice either way but boy do I love her curls. She could just be changing up a little is all... then once she washes it's back to curls!
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • botticelli_girl922botticelli_girl922 Registered Users Posts: 896
    Ughhh....that is so annoying. She doesn't even look like Taylor Swift anymore. She looks a thousand times better with her curls, in my opinion.
    Curl Type: 2c-3a, Medium thickness, Normal Porosity
    Weekly Low-poo: TJ Pure Castile Soap
    Co-wash: V05 Strawberries and Cream
    Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm (Possibly HG!), GF Triple Nutrition
    Styling Products: CK, Re:coil, JCRR, JCCC, LALMHG, EcoStyler, SMU Spray Gel, Boots

Life has many choices. Eternity has two. What's yours?
  • erikaxelectrik7erikaxelectrik7 Registered Users Posts: 90
    UGH! I almost cried the first time I saw this!! Her curls suit her SO much better!

Now she just looks like every other cookie-cutter, straight-haired, blonde celebrity out there....=(
  • kenzie!kenzie! Registered Users Posts: 5,055
    Kay, so i'm probably gonna get yelled at for this, but her curls are done with a curling iron. So, she's not "throwing them away". All she's done is applied the same heat, and probably the same products, in a different way.
    Rock Chalk Baby!! If you aren't from Kansas, you just won't understand!

Dame Kenz Matilda Jayhawk-Rocksalt, heir to the family diamonds.
  • botticelli_girl922botticelli_girl922 Registered Users Posts: 896
    Kay, so i'm probably gonna get yelled at for this, but her curls are done with a curling iron. So, she's not "throwing them away". All she's done is applied the same heat, and probably the same products, in a different way.

Yes, I agree with you there. In most pictures, her curls are done with a curling iron. But she does have lovely natural curls (of course, a lot less defined and a little more frizzy than when her hair is done with a curlin iron, but beautiful nevertheless).

This is her hair without a curling iron:

taylor-swift41.jpg

And this is her hair with a curling iron:

84020.jpg

I see what you're saying, though. But I think that if she's going to use damaging heat to change her hair, she might as well make it curly, because it just really matches her a lot more, in my opinion.
    Curl Type: 2c-3a, Medium thickness, Normal Porosity
    Weekly Low-poo: TJ Pure Castile Soap
    Co-wash: V05 Strawberries and Cream
    Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm (Possibly HG!), GF Triple Nutrition
    Styling Products: CK, Re:coil, JCRR, JCCC, LALMHG, EcoStyler, SMU Spray Gel, Boots

Life has many choices. Eternity has two. What's yours?
  • kalanekalane Registered Users Posts: 424
    curls 2nv wrote: »
    i really dont think she permanently straightened it and got bangs. it looks like a wig. i salute her for mixing up her style and trying something new, but it doesnt flatter her in my opinion.

Definitely looks like a wig to me.
    fotki twitter blog

event.png

In short, the characteristics of the powerful, whatever they may be, are thought to be better than the characteristics of the powerless – and logic has nothing to do with it.
    -- Gloria Steinem

• SurlycurlySurlycurly Registered Users Posts: 156
    kalane wrote: »
    curls 2nv wrote: »

Definitely looks like a wig to me.

I thought the same thing when I saw it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file