How many do I need? Getting ready to order some
last time I had 2 and washed and hung them thought I didn't have enough

D
Liam: 6 years old
Colin: 3 years old

Comments

• deezee02deezee02 Registered Users Posts: 1,509
    I could get away with having two.

When I am around the house I wear my nursing tank tops. Even when I go out, I typically just throw a shirt on over my nursing tank (built in shelf bra) b/c I like the coverage on my belly when I NIP.

BUT, we are mostly housebound in the winter. So the majority of my going out is picking DS up from Preschool and going to the grocery store. I would think ideally I could have one niceone for the times I do go out with DH or friends and a comfy one for the other times...Plus about 6-7 nursing tanks.

I would also watch with buying too many. I am actually smaller (4 months PP) than I was before I got pregnant. I did not get as big with DD as I did with DS.
    58eCm4.png
    SCxkm4.png

Come swag with me!
  • KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
    I only have one that fits right now (in the process of losing weight) and about 4 nursing tanks, and it's plenty for me. I do laundry very frequently though. I wash bras in a lingerie bag in the washer and hang to dry.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • mad scientistmad scientist Registered Users Posts: 3,530 Curl Neophyte
    I used mostly nursing tanks for the first 3 months, and then switched to bras for the rest of the time. I had a huge collection - at least 10, maybe 15, with a couple of them being fancier and the rest being functional. I leaked so much and Sandhya was constantly throwing up on me while nursing that I'd go through a few bras a day.

• geminigemini Registered Users Posts: 3,325
    I had two nursing bras that I liked best and wore regularly, but around the house I wore nursing camis (I had 3).
  • Jenny CJenny C Registered Users Posts: 1,195
    I had three - one in black, white and nude. That pretty much met all my bra needs.

I would only order one or two for now, just in case nursing doesn't work out, or your size changes, you're not stuck with a bunch of bras you won't use. You can always get more.
    If you got nothing to bring to the table - don't even bother sitting down.
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Registered Users Posts: 7,135 Curl Novice
    I started with two and then ordered a couple more after I was sure the sizing was right. Since I wash laundry at least twice a week, four was plenty for me.
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • Brown_Eyed_GirlBrown_Eyed_Girl Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Curl Neophyte
    I agree to just start with a couple bras. My size fluctuated alot in the first few months, going up when she was born and then down again.

If I had it to do over, I would start with something flexible, like a couple sleep bras and/or nursing tanks and maybe one regular bra. Then I'd buy a few more regular bras a couple months postpartum.
  • goldygoldy Registered Users Posts: 5,463 Curl Connoisseur
    My size has just now seemed to regulate -- at 3 months pp. That being said I've made do with one cheap Target nursing bra, and two cheap Target sleeping bras -- I have some others from Motherhood but I prefer these.
    I love the Target sleeping bras, they are way better than my Medela and Motherhood sleeping bras. They provide enough support that I can wear them around the house during days that we just stay in.
    I just ordered two nicer (hopefully better fitting bras) the other day -- to wear when we go out and for when I go back to work :(
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:
  • curlymelcurlymel Registered Users Posts: 359
    I have 6, I think. I seem to leak a lot, even with nursing pads, so I sometimes need two a day.
    Type 3a/3b, fine/medium hair, modified CG since 12/2003, Using CHS Curl Keeper, Bioterra gel, Ojon, Elucence
    http://public.fotki.com/curlymel/ Password: curls

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file