Filling in your eyebrows, need help

internetchickinternetchick Registered Users Posts: 6,191
What is the best way to fill in your eyebrows without them looking like you penciled them on? Is a powder better than a pencil?

Comments

• JuicyTubeJuicyTube Registered Users Posts: 2,369
    yeah, powder looks more natural.
    3b-3c CG
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,731 Curl Virtuoso
    I prefer powder to pencil. But my favorite is waterproof brow mascara.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    I only have to fill one small spot in my brows, not the whole thing. I use a bit of powder and then top with colorless brow mascara over the whole brow. It stays all day.
  • EilonwyEilonwy Registered Users Posts: 12,391 Curl Connoisseur
    Filling in brows (with a light hand, of course) is a *really* easy way to accentuate the eyes. Since your hair is very dark, you need to make sure that whatever you use to fill in your eyebrows is *lighter* than your eyebrows. Unless you're dying to look like Groucho Marx. The saleslady at a cosmetics counter recently did that to me...and got really upset when I didn't buy anything. Anyway, since the eyebrow hairs cast a shadow, the lighter filler will blend right in. Personally, I stipple with an eyeliner pencil in sparse areas.
  • esmeraldaesmeralda Registered Users Posts: 187
    Internetchick, since you have black hair it can be difficult to find a good shade for you.
    I use a dark grey browpencil from Clinique,but I think it has been discontinued .
    Most makeupartits will try to sell you a brown pencil or a black one. I tried the black one from Chanel & went to meet my friend.
    She saw me 5 metres away & asked me what I did with my brows.. :?

Pencil: good for filling in bare patches
    Powder: if you need allover definition
    & then we have browwaxes & tinted browgels!

Have a look at MAC "espresso" eyeshadow, it is a very dark brownblack shade.
    I am totally browobsessed & do my friends brows & some of their sisters. I even do guys brows too.. :mrgreen:
    To avoid the drawn on look, brush through your brows lightly after you have applied color-then set with clear browgel
    2C/3A,jetblack indian curls:)
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Registered Users Posts: 5,000
    But my favorite is waterproof brow mascara.

Me too. Everything else fades on me throughout the day.
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    i am a pencil person.

i keep it VERY sharp and use short, quick strokes to add shading only where i need it.

the colour i use is a taupe shade from a Canadian company called "Annabelle".
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Registered Users Posts: 17,502 Curl Neophyte
    I've had better luck with a powder and the stiff brush meant for it than with pencils. I like the one from Bare Escentuals
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file