Beija Flor Naturals Licorice Root Scalp Elixir?

AlexjoujouAlexjoujou Registered Users Posts: 2,364
Has anyone tried any products from Beija Flor?

They look quite nice and I'm intrigued by the Scalp Elixir...I've not seen another product similar to this.

Thoughts?

http://www.beijaflornaturals.com/product/licorice-root-scalp-elixir

She/He has some other items that look good as well.
FIA 2c/3aFi

Done experimenting! Loving Spiral Solutions products!

Blog: http://thewavytales.blogspot.com/

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte
    I don't have scalp issues, I'd buy it for my mother (who has eczema) but she wouldn't use it. I'm running out and have a few things to do. Might order the Creme Brulee and Buttercreams when I get home. Only problem is that I like the Jasmines so much--I'm afraid these won't compare. So, I'll think on it.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlexjoujouAlexjoujou Registered Users Posts: 2,364
    Thanks Kam!

I might order some stuff but probably not for a little while. It does look pretty good and for the size is not too expensive.

I was just intrigued with that licorice thing...hmmmm
    FIA 2c/3aFi

• SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe MassachusettsRegistered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    What is licorice root supposed to do? It looks intersting.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
    I'm not sure

There are some interesting things on the web about it

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-11611.html

http://www.herbalfused.com/licorice.html

I'm going to do a little more experimenting..but it looks promising for at least a try!
    FIA 2c/3aFi

Just had to say I put it in my cart and shipping was $2.50!!!!!

WHOOOOOAAAA..That's cool!

I may order some stuff from her..that licorice root looks very intriguing indeed and there are some other things look good too!;-)

EDA: hmmm some of the LHCF ladies aren't too sure of her service...re-thinking a bit.
    FIA 2c/3aFi

• StarmieStarmie Registered Users Posts: 7,170 Curl Virtuoso
    Looks interesting, I have a very persistant patch of psoriasis on my scalp aswell as the thinness. I don't know if they ship os though - couldn't find it on the website and it seems a small company so I guess they probably don't.
    3b in South Australia.
    Starmie wrote: »
    Looks interesting, I have a very persistant patch of psoriasis on my scalp aswell as the thinness. I don't know if they ship os though - couldn't find it on the website and it seems a small company so I guess they probably don't.

Let Alex try it. If she likes it, then you can email them and ask about shipping.
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Let Alex try it. She has been doing incredible reviews and seems to be a discriminating consumer. If she likes it, then you can email them and ask about shipping.

I did put a few things in my cart to check on shipping. Pretty reasonable. I've gotten so many similar products, I just don't know if I should order more of the same, right now.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BeLeatherBeLeather Registered Users Posts: 14
    I just started using it and I am totally in love.

I use their Buttercreams on my hair and skin, wet or dry. I particularly love her shea butter mixed with rosemary for my hair and face, especially my ends.

My favorite product is the Acai Mango face lotion. My skin GLOWS after I use it and the bags under my eyes are mysteriously disapearing. She also has a more concentrated buttery version, the Acai antioxident treatment (I think its called), that I am in love with. It has all sorts of exotic butters that you can't find anywhere else. It absorbs well into my skin and leave it feeling very smooth.

I have never had an issue with her shipping. Actually I think its great. Its lightening fast, considering all the products handmade and you are only paying $2.50 . All in all, I would HIGHLY recommend this product for people with dry skin or dry hair!! ;)
  • goobernutgoobernut Registered Users Posts: 2,317
    I, of course, had to go look at the website, and I think that I need the cocoa mango buttercreme :)

You know, I don't know what to think of herbal scalp remedies, because I was told for years that peppermint/menthol was horrible and irritating to your skin, therefore you dont' wanna put it on your scalp/skin on a regular basis. That being said -- its in freaking everything.
    Grand Goobah Caedran, Aqueous Infusion of Demulcents, Order of the Curly Crusaders

Fia 2cFi, fine texture, med porosity CG 5-29-09 * My hair loves protein! Currently using : DermOrganics Shampoo and IHM, G2B Kinkier Mousse, Re:Coil VMM, Anything Spiral Solutions! MO Sealing. Coconut Oil Pre-Poo, once a month Hard Water shampoo. Avoiding Glycerin in finishing products.
    kathymack wrote: »

Let Alex try it. She has been doing incredible reviews and seems to be a discriminating consumer. If she likes it, then you can email them and ask about shipping.

I did put a few things in my cart to check on shipping. Pretty reasonable. I've gotten so many similar products, I just don't know if I should order more of the same, right now.

Gosh kam thanks :)

I may order it up now--her stuff does look lovely!
    FIA 2c/3aFi

Alexjoujou wrote: »

Gosh kam thanks :)

I may order it up now--her stuff does look lovely!

Alex, you have an official membership in the pj club! I just new you'd be willing to sacrifice yourself (and paycheck) to tell our Aussie friends if it's worth it, LOL!
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StarmieStarmie Registered Users Posts: 7,170 Curl Virtuoso
    If you could Alex, that would be great. Not that I want to encourage you to spend more money and try yet more products if you don't want to!
    Maybe I should just email them myself re shipping, sometimes I don't think of the obvious.

And I quite agree with Kathy about your reviews etc.
    3b in South Australia.
    If you could Alex, that would be great. Not that I want to encourage you to spend more money and try yet more products if you don't want to!
    Maybe I should just email them myself re shipping, sometimes I don't think of the obvious.

And I quite agree with Kathy about your reviews etc.

Thanks Starmie! I'm quite tempted by her stuff...there's that face lotion mentioned above that looks divine and some coco mango cream..yum...hmmmm
    FIA 2c/3aFi

I received a reply to my email to Beija Flor Naturals on the Licorice Root and the creams. I had also asked about tax as I'm in CA an she said the tax is included.

I'm pasting it (email) so you can see. I am very impressed with the service so far--I received an email back within 1 day (I consider that fine!). I think I'll order when I get paid. Once I get them I'll post my thoughts :mrgreen:

From Stevonne @ Beijaflor:

The Licorice Root Scalp elixir is in the form of a "serum" and comes in a 4oz bottle. It is not water based. You would apply a small amount of the serum directly to your scalp and leave-in (do not rinse out). The rosemary and peppermint give a light tingle and really aid in healing dry damaged scalp. Other ingredients include Brazilian Babssu, Castor Oil, Peach Kernel Oil and Neem.

The Cocoa-Mango and Hemp Buttercreams are virtually the same texture, which is a thick cream.
    FIA 2c/3aFi

I received a reply to my email to Beija Flor Naturals on the Licorice Root and the creams. I had also asked about tax as I'm in CA an she said the tax is included.

I'm pasting it (email) so you can see. I am very impressed with the service so far--I received an email back within 1 day (I consider that fine!). I think I'll order when I get paid. Once I get them I'll post my thoughts :mrgreen:

The Licorice Root Scalp elixir is in the form of a "serum" and comes in a 4oz bottle. It is not water based. You would apply a small amount of the serum directly to your scalp and leave-in (do not rinse out). The rosemary and peppermint give a light tingle and really aid in healing dry damaged scalp. Other ingredients include Brazilian Babssu, Castor Oil, Peach Kernel Oil and Neem.

The Cocoa-Mango and Hemp Buttercreams are virtually the same texture, which is a thick cream.

Alex, thanks for posting the ingredients--it has castor oil, so it's off my list, LOL!
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Alex, thanks for posting the ingredients--it has castor oil, so it's off my list, LOL!

Yeah I noticed that! I'm actually looking at this and then some of the buttercream's..we're using alot of them around my house lately and I really don't have very many (unlike conditioners..which I have enough of to last me 50 years! LOL)
    FIA 2c/3aFi

Yeah I noticed that! I'm actually looking at this and then some of the buttercream's..we're using alot of them around my house lately and I really don't have very many (unlike conditioners..which I have enough of to last me 50 years! LOL)

Did you buy the Babassu Conditioner from Jasmines?? Did you get your Jamines?? It's like a cream, but not as "greasy." I can use it as a leave in and have great, frizz free curls. Wonderful consistency, I'll bet it could take the place of some of those butters!
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Did you buy the Babassu Conditioner from Jasmines?? Did you get your Jamines?? It's like a cream, but not as "greasy." I can use it as a leave in and have great, frizz free curls. Wonderful consistency, I'll bet it could take the place of some of those butters!

I did...in fact just today got the shipping notice! woohoo!! I ordered all 3 of her products (condish's) that had no cones.

And I was thinking more of a cream for skin--before I never really used lotion but since alot of the hair stuff is so heavy and can also be used on the body the kids and I have been using them on our body--it's the first time in years that my elbows aren't dry! We 've been using the SNBE Wisdom Cream Moisturizer on my son's excema and it's working awesome..these look sort of similar and they come in different scents! We've also used the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Oyin-Handmade-Whipped-Pudding-p-353.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=oyin-whipped-pudding]Oyin Whipped pudding[/buylink]...but these Beija Flora are reasonable priced as well. 8oz for $12 is pretty good as far as I remember.

I think (bad PJ..must remember exactly what I bought!) I might have ordered some shea butter too from Jasmine's. We are really liking shea based butters.

I hope the Jasmine's comes early next week. It says the shipper was notified on the 10th but nothing since..so I think likely early next week.

The face cream looks quite nice and they have a face scrub as well.
    FIA 2c/3aFi

Not to guano the thread, but the Jasmines body butters are the best I've used.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Not to guano the thread, but the Jasmines body butters are the best I've used.

That's great news! Hopefully I'll like the conditioners (I bought 5!) and can put another order in as well. I think I bought a shea butter from her too...should be here on Tuesday or so:)
    FIA 2c/3aFi

• labelfreelabelfree Registered Users Posts: 364
    She has free shipping for the Licorice Root Oil and the Cali Peach Pomade for the ladies who are interested
    Finally found my staples :wav:
    A couple of ladies on the LHCF got shorted in their brulee conditioner's by about 2oz. It's an 8oz bottle for $12.95. Although that's not frightfully expensive it is for 6 oz IMHO.

I'm going to have to pass all. Even though the vendor did offer one customer 50% off the next order I just rather not take the chance at this time.

I actually think I'm just going to order more Sweet Nature by Eddie cream's as we know we love both of those so much...why much with a good thing? We like the scents as well. I'll probably order a couple smaller ones from Jasmine too.

Now that I've stopped using cones in my hair I find that they feel gross on my body too! All my lotions and creams had cones in them (and bunches of other stuff as well) so I gave them away. We need nice more natural stuff. There's plenty enough out there for me to chose from.

Bummer about the vendor though. I'm not saying I'll never order but I think I'm going to wait a while :stop: and see if any more reviews come in. I have the Afroveda Growth Elixir coming--I think I'll try that out.

I have enough condish's and poo's for now. Now if a new curl creme comes a callin...well then ... all bets are off!
    FIA 2c/3aFi

+ 1. Now I feel that I can take this line off my list and unsubscribe!
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • goobernutgoobernut Registered Users Posts: 2,317
    Alexjoujou wrote:
    I actually think I'm just going to order more Sweet Nature by Eddie cream's as we know we love both of those so much...why much with a good thing? We like the scents as well. I'll probably order a couple smaller ones from Jasmine too.

Now that I've stopped using cones in my hair I find that they feel gross on my body too! All my lotions and creams had cones in them (and bunches of other stuff as well) so I gave them away. We need nice more natural stuff. There's plenty enough out there for me to chose from.

I know!! Now I know why some of my lotions make your skin feel soft, but you're dry 2 hours later. I've been buying some nubian heritage shea butter lotions at my local health food store and I loooove them. I refuse to buy a "shea butter" product with shea as like the 5th ingredient. I really want something inbetween the lotion and the Wisdom by Eddie (in texture). Soooo you'll have to let me know about the texture of the Jasmine's body butters. When I went to the website, I recognized the labels! I've had her as one of my faves on Etsy that I've been meaning to order from hehe.
    Grand Goobah Caedran, Aqueous Infusion of Demulcents, Order of the Curly Crusaders

Fia 2cFi, fine texture, med porosity CG 5-29-09 * My hair loves protein! Currently using : DermOrganics Shampoo and IHM, G2B Kinkier Mousse, Re:Coil VMM, Anything Spiral Solutions! MO Sealing. Coconut Oil Pre-Poo, once a month Hard Water shampoo. Avoiding Glycerin in finishing products.
    So another person chimed in on LHCF same issue.

That settles it. Not for me.
    FIA 2c/3aFi

• labelfreelabelfree Registered Users Posts: 364
    I just saw that too

ETA: I emailed her about the missing oz and this is what she said
    The bottles/jars are filled to the very top and shaken down into the bottle repeatedly. The turbulence of shipping compresses the whipped content of the containers and the bottle contents "shrink". Although its rare, we're working on preventing this. Your products are certainly not used in any way, nor were we looking to skimp out on giving you what you paid for. If you would like to relay this truth to the others in your community it would be greatly appreciated.
    Finally found my staples :wav:
  • imlaimla Registered Users Posts: 163
    I love the licorice root elixir. I suffer with a dry, irritated scalp during the winter and this product has really been helping.
    Hair Type: 4a/b dense, fine, coily hair. Natural 13 years.

Staples: Matrix Biolage Exquisite Oil S & C, aloe vera, almond oil mix, black soap shampoo and bentonite clay.
    imla wrote: »
    I love the licorice root elixir. I suffer with a dry, irritated scalp during the winter and this product has really been helping.

Imla is it like an oil or how do you apply it? She said it was a serum so I'm thinking it is like an oil?
    FIA 2c/3aFi

• imlaimla Registered Users Posts: 163
    Alexjoujou, it is a light oil even though castor oil is an ingredient. Twice a week I apply to scalp with applicator-tip bottle and massage it in.
    Hair Type: 4a/b dense, fine, coily hair. Natural 13 years.

Staples: Matrix Biolage Exquisite Oil S & C, aloe vera, almond oil mix, black soap shampoo and bentonite clay.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file