skin permanently ruined. HELP!

curlypersonyaycurlypersonyay Registered Users Posts: 133
I've been sleeping on my left side for about 4 years straight and I got acne on the lest side of my face REALLY bad about 2 years ago until I used tazorac. Now 2 years later, the left side of my face is all red and blotchy and scarred. Its gross! And it won't heal. Ive tried tazorac again 1 year ago but it just made my skin hurt really bad and my skin cells wont heal at all! My right side is perfectly fine but my left side is so horrible!

Comments

• rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    skin can heal, so i don't think it's permanently ruined.

what does your doctor say?

peels and lasers can help with scarring.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • MsPuddlesMsPuddles Registered Users Posts: 9
    Have you tried sleeping on your right side more? It sounds like your having this problem because your left side isn't allowed to breath and expel impurities like your right side. I too have this problem on occasion and usually it's my face telling me that it's time to wash my pillowcase.
    Hope I could help!
  • EilonwyEilonwy Registered Users Posts: 12,391 Curl Connoisseur
    MsPuddles wrote: »
    It sounds like your having this problem because your left side isn't allowed to breath and expel impurities like your right side.
    Skin doesn't really do either of those things. However, the sebum and skin flakes absorbed by pillows can clog pores and cause pimples.
  • curlypersonyaycurlypersonyay Registered Users Posts: 133
    of course skin heals but there is a point to how much it can heal. scars/discoloration are left over from trauma like this. What to do about permanent discoloration and scarring? ive tried jojoba oil but it doesnt really work. And Im not going to do laser because the doctor just messes up my skin more like with the tazorac.
  • CuzzoercCuzzoerc Registered Users Posts: 164
    Hello oojack
    I understand you want your skin fixed fast but what about just letting your body run it's course?
    it will take months but don't you think it would be best to just let your body take care of it.

this guy on youtube cut his finger real real bad. so instead of getting stitches he just let it heal naturally and took a photo everyday. and after 3 months it was back to normal. no scare

best wishes to your healing
  • rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    oojack wrote: »
    What to do about permanent discoloration and scarring? ive tried jojoba oil but it doesnt really work. And Im not going to do laser because the doctor just messes up my skin more like with the tazorac.

Bio Oil - it's from England but i can find it in drugstores here in Canada

some people claim that vitamin E oil works.

you don't have to go to a doctor for lasers or peels - high end beauty salons with nurses on site do them too. those two things - and time - will help it vanish.

i'd get a new doctor.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file