Triangle

BarbarosaBarbarosa Registered Users Posts: 116
Help... I think I have the triangle. Is it the cut that is causing my hair to poof out on the sides? Any suggestions for a new cut? Didnt want to grow it much longer than it is (chin length) because at my age (62) it tends to drag down my already long face. Recently grew out the color to gray with highlights. Any product suggestions for this type 3b gray? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• LL~2009LL~2009 Registered Users Posts: 146
    The triangle shape is best when it's got long layers but something a lot of curlies her have done is the inverted bob. *Theres a thread here somewhere* Basically the bob, whether shorter or longer, grauates from shorter in the back to longer( and varying by degree) to the front.
    I have a type of short inverted bob althoug i have some layer n my hair and i love it. lots' of h people have told me i look younger w/ it.
    fine texture, porous,2c,3a&b (depending on humidity and length)Going gray

Wash: KCCC
    Co wash~ Acure conditioner,JM Citrus Neroli
    Leave in: KCKT, beatiful curls shae butter
    Stylers: KKCC,
  • kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte
    The dreaded triangle is caused by not having enough layering.

Here's the long bob thread:

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=70484

I'm 58 and have been wearing my inverted bob for almost 18 months. It's the first time in my over 30 years wavy/curly that I feel I've had a style. I just love it.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BarbarosaBarbarosa Registered Users Posts: 116
    Thank you Kathy for your advice. I have a hair appt with Carlos this week and will have him get my hair back into this shape. I think it is becoming triangular and may need mmor layering on top.
    Thank you Kathy for your advice. I have a hair appt with Carlos this week and will have him get my hair back into this shape. I think it is becoming triangular and may need mmor layering on top.

If your stylist is good, he'll know what to do. Is he the Carlos at Mario Diab, formerly of Devachan about whom everyone raves?
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    He is Carlos Febre of FIT Salon in Massachusetts
    Hi Kathy
    Would you send me a sample of all the things you are using on your hair : HGs: Anything Curl Junkie; AOMM; Komaza Califia line; homemade FSG; Terax Crema; soap bars; DM MiraCurls Curling Gelly; Shescentit LIs; Jasmines; Sevi conditioner.
    Your hair looks super and i think it is close to the same as mine I think I am a 3b fut not sure. Please let me know how to order and pay for the samples. I am so new to this, Thanks.
    Barbara
    Hi Kathy
    Would you send me a sample of all the things you are using on your hair : HGs: Anything Curl Junkie; AOMM; Komaza Califia line; homemade FSG; Terax Crema; soap bars; DM MiraCurls Curling Gelly; Shescentit LIs; Jasmines; Sevi conditioner.
    Your hair looks super and i think it is close to the same as mine I think I am a 3b fut not sure. Please let me know how to order and pay for the samples. I am so new to this, Thanks.
    Barbara

pm'ed you.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wavycurly40+wavycurly40+ New EnglandRegistered Users Posts: 2,017 Curl Neophyte
    I get confused because I'm never sure if people are talking about triangle or pyramid. Triangle = wider on top; pyramid = wider on bottom.

To me, pyramid is what you get with not enough layers (think Rosanne Rosanna Danna -- Del2C posted a pic on one of the triangle threads).

Triangle (which some might call inverted triangle) to me is is wider at the top. Like, when there are wings sticking out. I get this -- and I think it's when the layers are too short.

Maybe I'm not understanding it correctly, though.....

Wurly and proud!
    Modified CG since 2008.
  • angiekayangiekay Gastonia, NCRegistered Users Posts: 137
    Thanks for clarifying this for me, so what I have is a pyramid, poofy on the bottom! not enough layers, I'm hoping this new stylist I chose knows how to fix it, lol. Gah I'm counting the days!!!
    When talking about hair, I think people use triangle and pyramid interchangeably. After all--a pyramid is a three dimensional triangle. I've always called hair that wider at the bottom triangle hair. This is the only place I've even heard the term pyramid hair.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • angiekayangiekay Gastonia, NCRegistered Users Posts: 137
    Yea, me too, but I'm still learning, I'll stick with triangle until next week hopefully, LOL:mrgreen:
    Why is it "dreaded"?
    Why is it "dreaded"?

Because you're hair looks lousy when it has that shape. Most of us want "root lift" and a nice overall shape to our hair.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes I think you are right. My hair does look lousy but I always get alot of compliments. Got more layers on top last week and it has helped a little.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file