CurlTalk

Baking soda added to shampoo??

xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
I just read in a magazine to get rid of buildup add 1 tsp of baking soda to your shampoo. Has anyone tried this???
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~

Comments

• curlyjenncurlyjenn Posts: 585Registered Users
    I have. It works well, but I've found since that it works better for me to add baking soda to my conditioner wash. It's less drying for me that way. It's similar to a clarifying poo if you add it to your shampoo. Too harsh for my hair.
    I'm a 3b, with 3c underneath.

Used to be CG, now I'm not. Using Suave Aloe & Waterlily shampoo & condish, JoiWhip, BRHG, Suave Aloe gel, Aussie Tizz No Frizz, and anything else that looks good!
    My Myspace!
  • Curls&WavesCurls&Waves Posts: 46Registered Users
    I use it all the time and it works really well. I just mix a bit of baking soda with water and then mix it with my shampoo and work it into my hair. The thing is a little goes a long way, so don't add too much unless you have a lot of product buildup.