Has anyone tried Ojon products on their hair?

masscurlymasscurly Posts: 297Registered Users
These products look really good and I was curious about whether others have tried them. I was looking at the hydrating thickening shampoo. I also like the idea of including some honey in my conditioner. I'm happy to see that folks really use this site. It's a major help.
Hair type: 4a/b...

Constantly seeking the perfect product combinations. I just want healthy and manageable hair!!!

Natural hair photo journey, starting October 2006: http://public.fotki.com/masscurly/
password: healthyhair

Comments

• beeniegalbeeniegal Posts: 39Registered Users
    My mother owns quite a few Ojon products. She swears they make her relaxed hair "stronger" and "healthier". All I see is "greasy" and "limp". Plus, the hair butter (I can't remember the exact name) smells like sweet cigars, to me. I have used it once or twice on my 3c-4b hair as a pre-wash (applied to sections, left in for about 20 minutes, washed out) and I can say it made my hair shinier. The only other product I've ever used is the moisturizing lotion (the one with the microbeads, can't remember the name to that one, either) and I can't say that I noticed anything spectacular. Then again, my hair doesn't seem to like lotions very much. Also, it may take repeated use to see a difference with Ojon products. This is entirely speculation; all I know is I didn't see any results on the first try. HTH
    Some good hair days

Don't worry about what other people think. They don't do it very often.
  • masscurlymasscurly Posts: 297Registered Users
    Thanks! I too thought the restorative treatment smelled weird and you helped me attach a scent to it. I'm going to try the kit and see if it gives me more moisture.

Constantly seeking the perfect product combinations. I just want healthy and manageable hair!!!

Natural hair photo journey, starting October 2006: http://public.fotki.com/masscurly/
  • SossoSosso Posts: 12Registered Users
    Hello,

I used Ojon products, the shampoo with shea butter was still too drying, and I used the oil treatment which did not do anything for my hair. The conditioner worked, but it was not that great and the price was too expensive.
    Thanks. I can't wait to see what happens with my hair.

• auntcurlyauntcurly Posts: 234Registered Users
    I' ve been using the Restorative Treatment for over a year and a half and I will never be without this product. The shampoo is too expensive and I never tried it. I'm not a shampoo person as shampoos to me do not vary too much. The key for our hair texture is one that does not strip or dry. I'm loving Kids Organics Shea Butter Shampoo, cheap, gentle and good.

Ojon's Conditioner is nice, I only had a sample. But again, too expensive for my pocketbook. The Treatment with the right shampoos and conditioner is enough. It's also expensive and you'll probably use up the first jar quickly as your hair responds. Maybe even the first 2 jars.

Here's what I do to get the maximum out of a Treatment Jar:

Condition Wash w/VO5 Kiwi Lime, towel/air dry the hair, then apply the Ojon Treatment to the damp almost dry hair. Make sure you really emlusify the Treatment in your hands first and then work it in a section at a time thoroughly. Then put a plastic cap on and let it sit at least an hour or even better overnight if you can stand the smell. I recommend longer treatments at first. I also tie my hair with a scarf over the plastic cap. I've used a heating cap on occasion as well.

Then I rinse and shampoo, followed by the conditioner of my choice and yes, you can deep condition after Ojon.

I also by accident discovered that mixing Ojon Treatment with Aubrey Organics Camellia Conditioner (in small amounts in my hand - 2:1 ratio), you get a smooth creamy mixture that my hair seems to love even better than the straight Ojon. It doesn't work well with the Island Naturals Replenishing Conditoner for some reason so don't try it as both products are too expensive.

I have coarse very dry thristy hair and my hair loves this stuff. My hair is not as dry as it used to be and also, I can now go for a period of time not using the Treatment and instead use extra virgin coconut oil or Nourish & Shine by the Jane Carter Solution.

The poster whose mothers hair is limp and greasy, she might want to skip a couple of treatments, clarify with apple cider vinegar and maybe use a protein treatment followed by a moisturizing treatment.

I think Ojon is terrific. Too bad it's so expensive.
    you are so right. it's crazy expensive. i tried the restorative treatment and the thickening shampoo and conditioner and i liked the results.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file