Nioxin

curlykristincurlykristin Registered Users Posts: 63 Curl Connoisseur
Has anyone tried it? Is it CG? I did a search and most of the threads about it seem to be for dandruff or quickly growing hair.
:sunny:3B- anywhere from sidewalk chalk to straw sized! High Porosity and fine, low density

Day 1
Shea moisture high porosity cowash
shea moisture coconut and hibiscus curl conditioner 
KCCC
DevaCurl Frizz Free Foam

Day 2
spritz with oil wonders volume rose conditioner diluted with water and rescrunch
one squirt of frizz free foam

Deep Treatment:
Shea Moisture High Porosity masque
aphogee keratin and green tea protein spray

Currently in recovery from too much bleach and chronic heat styling. 

Comments

• goobernutgoobernut Registered Users Posts: 2,317
    I've read a lot of stuff that says Nioxin isn't scientifically proven. I've just decided to stay away from it because most of the scientific hair peeps I trust say its a waste of money. :)

I don't think the products are CG.
    Grand Goobah Caedran, Aqueous Infusion of Demulcents, Order of the Curly Crusaders

Fia 2cFi, fine texture, med porosity CG 5-29-09 * My hair loves protein! Currently using : DermOrganics Shampoo and IHM, G2B Kinkier Mousse, Re:Coil VMM, Anything Spiral Solutions! MO Sealing. Coconut Oil Pre-Poo, once a month Hard Water shampoo. Avoiding Glycerin in finishing products.
  • StarmieStarmie Registered Users Posts: 7,170 Curl Virtuoso
    I tried it quite a while ago but it didn't help at all and it's not cg. I got the small size bottles of shampoo, cond and lotion that you put on your scalp but I saw no difference by the time I'd finished them. I don't know if it may have had an effect if I'd continued using it but it was very expensive and I wasn't comfortable with the sulphates and cones so I gave it up as a bad job.
    3b in South Australia.
  • AlexjoujouAlexjoujou Registered Users Posts: 2,364
    Starmie wrote: »
    I tried it quite a while ago but it didn't help at all and it's not cg. I got the small size bottles of shampoo, cond and lotion that you put on your scalp but I saw no difference by the time I'd finished them. I don't know if it may have had an effect if I'd continued using it but it was very expensive and I wasn't comfortable with the sulphates and cones so I gave it up as a bad job.

+2

In fact I threw the shampoo/condish/mousse thing out last month. I hated all of them---they were minty smelling but I didn't like the residue they left on my hair at all. not at all. They were also really expensive IMHO!

I did not find it helped at all. It is not CG. I used about 3/4 of the bottles and then just gave up. This is the product that I've heard people say after they stop their hair just goes back to the way it was.

I haven't heard that about the other one Megatek or Ovation so I'm trying that next.
    FIA 2c/3aFi

Done experimenting! Loving Spiral Solutions products!

Blog: http://thewavytales.blogspot.com/
  • curlykristincurlykristin Registered Users Posts: 63 Curl Connoisseur
    Well, there is no way I'm going back to sulfates so that answers that question. Thanks ya'll! :thumright:
    :sunny:3B- anywhere from sidewalk chalk to straw sized! High Porosity and fine, low density

Day 1
    Shea moisture high porosity cowash
    shea moisture coconut and hibiscus curl conditioner 
    KCCC
    DevaCurl Frizz Free Foam

Day 2
    spritz with oil wonders volume rose conditioner diluted with water and rescrunch
    one squirt of frizz free foam

Deep Treatment:
    Shea Moisture High Porosity masque
    aphogee keratin and green tea protein spray

Currently in recovery from too much bleach and chronic heat styling. 
  • Guyanese.PrincessGuyanese.Princess Registered Users Posts: 52
    Wow, glad I found this thread! I was really considering trying it for myself.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file