Aveda- Be Curly; Has anyone tried it?

h2wQueenh2wQueen Registered Users Posts: 551
One of my curly friends suggested this after seeing someone's hair at church. She did a thorough inspection of the Lady's hair and found it very nice. Now apparently the girl said that it took 3 weeks of using the products before it got that way. I was thinking of going to get a sample and trying it. She tried the products but said that it didn't give her the result for which she was looking. Are there any kinky 4a ladies out there who have tried this product. Can you provide reviews?
"We Live From the Head Down and Not the Feet Up" ~Donnie

Comments

• Legally NaturalLegally Natural Registered Users Posts: 102
    Lucky you. Kcurly just did a review on this product on her blog Newly Natural.

The link is below.

http://newlynatural.com/blog/

Hope this helps...HHG!
    Hair Type: 4a/3c on most, 3b nape, 4b very front
    Prepoo: Lustrasilk Cholesterol, Suave Humectant, Honey and Coconut or JBCO (mixed)
    Poo: Gio Smooth as Silk
    Co-Wash: Pantene Pro-V Curls Conditioner (BEST EVER!)
    Deep Conditioner: AOHSR, JBCO, Gio Smooth as Silk, and MT (mixed) OR Shescentit Conditioners
    Leave-Ins: V0-5 Moisture Milks Strawberries & Cream
    Moisturizers: Ultra Moisturizer, Oyin J&Bs, Cantu Shea Butter
    Oils: Coconut Oil & JBCO
    *True PJ over here, but these are my staples.*
  • NamunNamun Registered Users Posts: 113
    I visited an Aveda salon and they used this product on my hair. My hair looked ok, but I didn't like how it felt afterwards. I would definitely not buy this product for myself.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If you are planning for a year, sow rice; if you are planning for a decade, plant trees; if you are planning for a lifetime, educate people”
    Chinese Proverbs quote
  • empressriempressri Registered Users Posts: 4,812
    if your hair hates protein don't get it!! my hair happens to love it, i use it more so in the summer.
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
  • mouseymousey Registered Users Posts: 120
    hmmmm...it was ok. i thought the smell was overwhelming, though. it made my hair way too....soft, but not in a good way. i mixed it with the liquid gel, but it was only a little better. i might try it again when my hair gets longer and/or i decide to wear it out more.
    i cannot live without my aviators, my boston terrier, biology and black tights.:love7:
  • sobecurlsobecurl Registered Users Posts: 313
    I used to use this product many years ago since I used to get my highlights done at an Aveda salon. The stylist (also a curly head) recommended that when I use it I mix it with the confixer and elixer (one of which is discontinued). It was OK, but I think for the price and the amount of product you have to use, you are better off with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] or any variation of it (DB curling custard, etc).

Some of Aveda's stuff is good, but for the price there are many other products out there that can do an equal or better job at half the price.
    Over 10 years natural and still growing...
  • KinkyPJKinkyPJ Registered Users Posts: 297
    A friend who has a texturizer uses it and her hair looks awesome. I tried it and my hair looked nice when it was wet, but it dried crazy (seriously). Plus the smell was too distracting for me. I'd go into the store and do a patch test before purchasing it.
    It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it [:afro:]. The hard... is what makes it great. -- Tom Hanks in A League of Their Own

If you judge people, you have no time to love them. -- Mother Teresa
  • FleurztyFleurzty Registered Users Posts: 795
    I used it years ago. It was OK! I don't remember the results being all that great, and I did have to use a lot of product on my very short hair. In other words, it would have definitely become expensive over time.
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Registered Users Posts: 5,400 Curl Connoisseur
    I didn't have much success with it. It was very similar to Clinique's Defined Curls (my discontinued HG) but it left my hair undefined
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • Wild Curls Raquelle Wild Curls Raquelle Registered Users Posts: 793 Curl Neophyte
    I tried this out over the summer. Its nothing to brag about. I may go back to it in the summer but nothing to get my pj going.
    confused curls
    addicted to henna

Fotki
  • justicefighter1913justicefighter1913 Registered Users Posts: 253
    IMHO--not worth the money. I bought some and it was okay, but nothing to write home about:confused5:
    Hair goals: 1) healthy hair 2) BSL by 12/10:viking:
    Recovering from a "scissor happy stylist "setback:tongue2:
    My Fotki: A work in progress:clock:
  • NyAshia87NyAshia87 Registered Users Posts: 28
    I used it, and like someone stated before me I used a lot of it. It didn't do wonders, but I don't remember hating it. Considering the amount you get and my length of hair, this product is not feasible for me, price wise..
    Success is a journey, not a destination..

*:compress:Taking the time to care for my hair and stop taking it for granted:compress:*

Youtube: http://youtube.com/NyAshia87
    Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/NyAshia87/
  • BigHairGurlBigHairGurl Registered Users Posts: 21
    It was alright but it made my hair really dry. Also, it broke me out on my ears...not sure which ingredient caused it. But I stopped using it.
    EXPECT GREAT THINGS!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • subbrocksubbrock Registered Users Posts: 8,212
    Fleurzty wrote: »
    I used it years ago. It was OK! I don't remember the results being all that great, and I did have to use a lot of product on my very short hair. In other words, it would have definitely become expensive over time.

thats what i remember of this product. ive been meaning to revisit it and see how it works now, but i keep forgetting!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file