need christmas help!!!

deezee02deezee02 Registered Users Posts: 1,509
I have one more person to shop for Christmas for...My 100 year old great grandmother. Pictures are out, as are nic naks.

I am totally clueless!!!!
58eCm4.png
SCxkm4.png

Come swag with me!

Comments

• Mamacurl3Mamacurl3 Registered Users Posts: 1,559
    some snazzy red lipstick, a bottle of her favorite perfume and a box of her favorite chocolates :)

a date? hit up a local ice cream shop for a malt?

some pretty music to listen to or audio book?
    Type: 3a/3b, fine-medium
    Cleanse: hg:whispering windz farm jar soaps,
    Moisture/Co rinse: GVP conditioning balm
    DT: Jessicurl's dt
    Leave in: KCKT
    Definition: kccc
    Hold: rotating: gvp liquid scuplting gel
    ACV rinse bi-weekly
    http://s722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/mamacurl7/
    "My father says almost the whole world's asleep...He says only a few people are awake. And they live in a state of constant, total amazement."
    Traveling? http://katiebutton.rovia.com/
  • The New BlackThe New Black Registered Users Posts: 16,754 Curl Connoisseur
    A snuggie?

Or something nostalgic that you've made? Food from a cherished recipe? A restored heirloom?
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • deezee02deezee02 Registered Users Posts: 1,509
    I thought a snuggie would be good, but my mom mentioned she would try to walk around in it.

She has dressed in black as a sign of morning since 1978 when we husband died...she is a very traditional greek lady (think my big fat greek wedding) so the lipstick and perfume is out and she cannot have chocolate

I was going to do a dinner so she can see the kids and I could cook for her (I am the only one in the family left who can cook her recipes), but with us living 3 hours away and my kids getting sick all the time I am worried that would not work

She does not understand English very well, and does not own a CD or even a tape player
    58eCm4.png
    SCxkm4.png

Come swag with me!
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Banned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
    So no cordial cherries? :sad8:
    My 90 y/o grandma loved those...how about some circus peanuts... :toothy7:
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    An updated portrait of your family in a pretty frame.

cut flower arrangement

gourmet fruit...like specialty oranges or peaches or pears from Harry&David.
  • The New BlackThe New Black Registered Users Posts: 16,754 Curl Connoisseur
    I thought a snuggie would be good, but my mom mentioned she would try to walk around in it

I guess you mean in public?
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • medussamedussa Registered Users Posts: 12,993
    Phoenix wrote: »
    I thought a snuggie would be good, but my mom mentioned she would try to walk around in it
    I guess you mean in public?

I was thinking walking around and tripping over it--break a hip or something.

I know you wrote that photos are out but how about old family photos that you can put into a bound book, ala Snapfish, Kodak or Shutterfly? Maybe a book centering around a theme. I do like the idea of a framed family portrait.

Does she drink at all? Maybe a bottle of her favorite wine or liqueur?

Bless her, getting to 100 years of age.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Most people that age are not very mobile, so it could mean she would trip over the hem trying to walk around in it.

But it's a good thought -- my grandmother lived to be 102 and her circulation was pretty slow, so she felt the cold. For her last Christmas, I bought her a shawl with pockets. It was a good length for someone who sits most of the time, and kept her shoulders warm. She would keep tissues in the pockets. It was one like this.

http://www.wellhaven.com/Cotton-Pocket-Shawl
  • NetGNetG Registered Users Posts: 8,116
    How would she feel about pedicures? At that age, circulation gets low and toe nails get too thick to clip. Our group pedicures were one of the few times my grandma would get excited about anything her last couple years before she passed away.

I know you said no pictures, but my grandma also loved the digital photo frame I gave her - I put a whole bunch of other pictures in it, so she could sit and watch and see what would show up from her whole lifetime. Obviously, if she's not seeing well, that won't help!

My grandma also had a great love of raspberry cheesecake. Is there something your great grandmother does like to eat a lot which can be flexible whether your kids are healthy or not? The dinner does sound the best idea if you can figure out a way to make it work.

How NEAT that your kids have a great-great grandmother around!
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file